PDA

View Full Version : I think we are about to see football players start transferring out of Ole Miss

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 09:20 AM
I went to lunch with a coworker yesterday who told me that a certain football player is wanting to transfer out of UNM and come to State. Now, I typically wouldn't listen to this stuff but she is a Bama fan (no interest in MSU) and she has been right A LOT about stuff during the past two recruiting cycles. She also confirmed the Bama stuff with Scarbrough and the other athlete who turned down UNM money which Saban then reported. Apparently, both gave FULL statements to the NCAA several weeks back.

Anywho, ends up she is friends with this football players mom who is the one that told her. They are waiting to see if Bucky will grant his request. Guess we will see how much he actually "loves" his players. I think things are getting stressful up in Oxford...

P.S. The only thing she has been wrong about in the past two years from a recruiting standpoint was A.J. Brown. She was certain he was going to Bama.

Bucky Dog
02-26-2016, 09:30 AM
You lost me at SHE***

Saltydog
02-26-2016, 09:30 AM
It's the "spiritual healing" of the Pious Pastor that will keep them there.

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 09:37 AM
You lost me at SHE***

I know, right??? But damn....she is connected. I think she is friends with mommas all across Mississippi.

Bucky Dog
02-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Seriously from a UNM perspective, they will try and hold on to all of these player until they release the letter and their response. It will all be planned and try and make it look like they care so much about their players and want to give them the chance to excel and be happy.

shannondawg
02-26-2016, 09:57 AM
Its strange to me that fans from other schools know more about whats going on here than we do. It seems that they are insiders that really know the scoop. We need an insider of our own.

The day Freeze gives permission for a player to transfer to us, is the day, I will start hotty totty as my greeting.

02-26-2016, 09:59 AM
I know, right??? But damn....she is connected. I think she is friends with mommas all across Mississippi.

Can we get her a recruiting gig?**

msstate7
02-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Its strange to me that fans from other schools know more about whats going on here than we do. It seems that they are insiders that really know the scoop. We need an insider of our own.

The day Freeze gives permission for a player to transfer to us, is the day, I will start hotty totty as my greeting.

Rose bowl...

The reason bama knows more is bc they're the plaintiff if you will

Dawg496
02-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Hint about the player? Where is he from?

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Hint about the player? Where is he from?

But didn't want to screw him or his family over by posting it publicly. According to her, though, our staff really wants this to happen. I told her I wouldn't Speak his name publicly though.

thf24
02-26-2016, 10:21 AM
transfer out of UNM and come to State

Not saying I don't believe you or your coworker, but that doesn't add up. The player should know that he wouldn't be allowed to transfer even to another SEC school, much less to us from them. Unless he's planning on completely sitting out a year.

CottonDog
02-26-2016, 10:27 AM
But didn't want to screw him or his family over by posting it publicly. According to her, though, our staff really wants this to happen. I told her I wouldn't Speak his name publicly though.

I see what you did there

msstate7
02-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Kinda hard for me to believe. This is his year to take over

32 Dive

I'm also intrigued, of whom he speaks...

spiritual_machine2005

I think I see what you did there.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-26-2016, 10:31 AM
I went to lunch with a coworker yesterday who told me that a certain football player is wanting to transfer out of UNM and come to State. Now, I typically wouldn't listen to this stuff but she is a Bama fan (no interest in MSU) and she has been right A LOT about stuff during the past two recruiting cycles. She also confirmed the Bama stuff with Scarbrough and the other athlete who turned down UNM money which Saban then reported. Apparently, both gave FULL statements to the NCAA several weeks back.

Anywho, ends up she is friends with this football players mom who is the one that told her. They are waiting to see if Bucky will grant his request. Guess we will see how much he actually "loves" his players. I think things are getting stressful up in Oxford...

P.S. The only thing she has been wrong about in the past two years from a recruiting standpoint was A.J. Brown. She was certain he was going to Bama..

Thick
02-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Not saying I don't believe you or your coworker, but that doesn't add up. The player should know that he wouldn't be allowed to transfer even to another SEC school, much less to us from them. Unless he's planning on completely sitting out a year.

If the kid is a freshman (true or redshirt) sitting out a year is the correct time. The problem will be that HF is not going to release a player to MSU, but if it became public knowledge his "faith and do what's best for kids" approach would get blasted by public opinion, except the CL.

msstate7
02-26-2016, 10:34 AM

Not saying I think this is true or would even happen, but freeze released golson to auburn

Dawg496
02-26-2016, 10:38 AM
He might if it prevents another nail in his coffin.

Also didn't we just hire someone from Callaway? The google shows that's where he who must not be named attended school.

starkvegasdawg
02-26-2016, 10:42 AM
So you're going to Speak softly and carry a big stick?

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 10:46 AM
I think everyone has figured out who I was speaking about

spiritual_machine2005
02-26-2016, 10:47 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't think Hugh released Golson to Auburn. I think he sat and paid his own way for a year.

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 10:48 AM

I tried to PM you but your messages are full.

AlSwearengen
02-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Rose bowl...

The reason bama knows more is bc they're the plaintiff if you will

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. Saban certainly isn't the only person in alabama that is pissed about olemiss beating them twice (on the field). Hell, he is probably the person least concerned with it. There are probably many people around the alabama program that are involved.

Really Clark?
02-26-2016, 10:59 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't think Hugh released Golson to Auburn. I think he sat and paid his own way for a year.

If you are not a grad transfer you have to sit a year anyway. Release doesn't wave that. It just allows you to talk to schools.

jumbo
02-26-2016, 11:01 AM

You can transfer to any school you want. The release the coach/school signs off on allows the player to go on scholarship immediately instead of paying their own way for the first year. You have to sit out a year either way.

Political Hack
02-26-2016, 11:11 AM
If the kid is a freshman (true or redshirt) sitting out a year is the correct time. The problem will be that HF is not going to release a player to MSU, but if it became public knowledge his "faith and do what's best for kids" approach would get blasted by public opinion, except the CL.

If he's a full qualifier he can go to juco and then back. May be only a year too, but I'm not certain on that.

Beaver
02-26-2016, 11:12 AM
I know we aren't big on deciphering recruits/player's tweets, but FWIW this player retweeted a Coach Patrick Austin tweet that said "God's WILL will never lead you places that God's GRACE will not protect you. Great day to be a Bulldog!!! #HailState

ETA: From February 18th

Ifyouonlyknew
02-26-2016, 11:23 AM
He'll never get released to go to MSU. He'd have to go to Juco for a year then come to MSU if that's what he really wanted to do. With that being said I'd be more than shocked if he's not in OM starting lineup come September.

Saltydog
02-26-2016, 11:27 AM
not coming here.........That culture just isn't for everyone.........

Martianlander
02-26-2016, 11:34 AM
Can we get her a recruiting gig?**

+1

Tripp McNeely
02-26-2016, 12:09 PM
He'll never get released to go to MSU. He'd have to go to Juco for a year then come to MSU if that's what he really wanted to do. With that being said I'd be more than shocked if he's not in OM starting lineup come September.

Gimme Patterson, Speaks and Hampton and let those other chuckleheads go wherever!

maroonmania
02-26-2016, 12:44 PM
You can transfer to any school you want. The release the coach/school signs off on allows the player to go on scholarship immediately instead of paying their own way for the first year. You have to sit out a year either way.

This^^. Also, if the sanctions are severe enough it will be the NCAA that decides how and with what restrictions (or lack thereof) players are allowed to transfer, not Hugh Freeze.

gravedigger
02-26-2016, 02:04 PM

Well im saying i dont believe it.

HSVDawg
02-26-2016, 02:47 PM

Whoever it is would have to actually sit out 2 years if he doesn't get a release from OM, if I'm not mistaken. There's no chance in hell they would grant a release to another SEC West school and especially not us, and you can't really blame them either. Shit, I'm still unbelievably pissed that we granted Gary Ervin a release to Arkansas way back when.

jumbo
02-26-2016, 02:50 PM
Whoever it is would have to actually sit out 2 years if he doesn't get a release from OM, if I'm not mistaken. There's no chance in hell they would grant a release to another SEC West school and especially not us, and you can't really blame them either. Shit, I'm still unbelievably pissed that we granted Gary Ervin a release to Arkansas way back when.

That's not true. As I posted earlier the only thing not getting a release does is prevents a scholarship in year 1. The player is still free to transfer anywhere, but has to pay their own way and they have to sit for 1 year with or without a release.

Dawgology
02-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Well im saying i dont believe it.

To me it's not so much about whether or not he gets to transfer here...or anywhere. What I found interesting is that he is talking about transferring at all.

the59dawg
02-26-2016, 06:28 PM
To me it's not so much about whether or not he gets to transfer here...or anywhere. What I found interesting is that he is talking about transferring at all.

Is this guy from Starkville?

Dawgtini
02-26-2016, 06:31 PM
Is this guy from Starkville?
PPFFTTT. Naw. Come on mane.

Dawgtini
02-26-2016, 06:33 PM
I hope his momma will contact our staff if true. It can happen.

Jack Lambert
02-26-2016, 07:20 PM

Or he has some paid dirt the ncaa would want and he is holding it over their heads.

Leroy Jenkins
02-26-2016, 07:23 PM
He played well in the spice boy's absence. I would take him.