PDA

View Full Version : Watched baseball commit Ashcraft play tonight

Msujd164
02-25-2016, 08:41 PM
Plays for Huntsville high. He hit the furthest ball I've ever seen hit in high school. Massive home run. He ended up 4-4 with every ball smoked. And I believe he was recruited as a pitcher. Mid 90's fastball. Led the state in home runs last year with 16.

Todd4State
02-25-2016, 08:46 PM
He was recruited as a pitcher but I don't think they will rule out hitting if he is better at it. Like Jonathan Holder being recruited as an outfielder at one time.

Msujd164
02-25-2016, 08:47 PM
He's definitely dominant. You almost know he's about to go yard.

Taog Redloh
02-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Love seeing us clean up AL in crootin. We got that boy from Russellville too. Cherrypickin' n shit.

Now if we'd just win some damned games.

Leroy Jenkins
02-25-2016, 10:19 PM
How's his bunt/slap technique? Our park is too big to just mash, coach said so.

Backwoodsdawg
02-25-2016, 10:39 PM
He hit 98mph for several pitches over the weekend. We will be lucky if we see him here.

Dawgtini
02-25-2016, 10:47 PM
Plays for Huntsville high. He hit the furthest ball I've ever seen hit in high school. Massive home run. He ended up 4-4 with every ball smoked. And I believe he was recruited as a pitcher. Mid 90's fastball. Led the state in home runs last year with 16.
Marcus Dupree hit the farthest home run I ever saw in HS. I believe it was 1982, coulda been 1981. Cleared the trees past the outfield fense in left center. Not sure it has come down yet. #GrownAssMan

Commercecomet24
02-25-2016, 10:54 PM
Andrew Mott of Hattiesburg hit one off us at Meridian at old John Moss Field. Hanging breaking ball hit top of the oak tree behind left center fence. I don't know how far it would've gone if it hadn't hit that tree. Mott was a beast.

Harrydawg
02-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Speaking of which, more than a dozen MLB teams were represented last Saturday at Mag Hghts to watch Riley Self......he's bringing it at a consistent 92-93 mph.......he may not see campus either

Commercecomet24
02-25-2016, 10:55 PM

Hope he makes it to campus

smootness
02-25-2016, 11:02 PM
Marcus Dupree hit the farthest home run I ever saw in HS. I believe it was 1982, coulda been 1981. Cleared the trees past the outfield fense in left center. Not sure it has come down yet. #GrownAssMan

Off-topic, but I'm convinced Dupree is the most talented football player of all time, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was also off the charts in baseball as well.

ShotgunDawg
02-25-2016, 11:56 PM
Speaking of which, more than a dozen MLB teams were represented last Saturday at Mag Hghts to watch Riley Self......he's bringing it at a consistent 92-93 mph.......he may not see campus either

He'll get to campus

Ashcroft better improve his breaking ball or he will as well.

Todd4State
02-26-2016, 12:47 AM
A couple of other recruits that I am excited about are Walker Robbins and Mitchell Miller. Walker is related to the Robbins family that played baseball at USM and at Jones. He might be the best player in the state this year, IMO with some debate now that Thomas Dillard moved to Oxford. Both made the UA All-American game.

Miller could benefit from Wes Johnson a good bit- I don't think he has filled out yet. Robbins could be a dual position guy for us- pitcher and either 1B or OF.

And even though I don't think they are draft risks, I like Will Brooks, Dustin Skelton, and Denver McQuary. They're going to be good college players for us and they are all hard nosed guys. Self is going to be a good pitcher for us as well.

Harrydawg
02-26-2016, 05:12 AM
Riley Self takes the bump on Lakeland Drive Friday at 3:00 VS Prep........

It Wil not be pretty for JP........��

RocketDawg
02-26-2016, 07:34 AM
A year or two ago, I remember reading about a kid, a catcher I think, that was a big pickup for us from one of the Huntsville/Madison County schools. Don't remember his name, and he may already be on the team for all I know. But supposedly he was a really good one and good on the academic side too.

miketice
02-26-2016, 08:11 AM
asdf