PDA

View Full Version : Alright State fans, gotta say this

BeastMan
02-25-2016, 10:18 AM
This is in relation to AJ Brown and his Twitter. I don't follow him, never have. I do see his tweets RT'd with regularity so I'm not oblivious to what's going on. I also see the reaction by MSU fans. This is the deal. I don't like that a good player from Starkville went to Ole Miss and you shouldn't either. The fact is that he signed with Ole Miss. In my opinion, his Twitter shows extreme levels of attention seeking behavior. Whatever. I think that attitude makes him a greater risk to bust but you never know, he may be all-sec. What's crazy to me is how mad so many fans get about an attention seeking 17 year old. Let that seek in. An attention seeking kid is essentially trolling on Twitter and grown people are eating it up and getting pissed and then engaging in Twitter pissing matches with him and his OM fan defenders.

Does a tree that falls in the forrest make a sound if no one is around to hear it? My advice is to not pay him any mind. Who cares what a 17 year old says/thinks? I promise you I could care less what he says about MSU/Starkville. A 17 year old doesn't effect my emotions. Won't ever. The more you feed into his trolling, the more you are feeding his attention seeking behavior. I can't fathom getting mad and tweeting him.

Thick
02-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Spot on.....stop feeding his ego!

mic
02-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Who is AJ Brown??

BeastMan
02-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Who is AJ Brown??

This is the right answer

shoeless joe
02-25-2016, 10:29 AM
He's a kid. I've seen him act like an arrogant A hole and I've seen him act like a humble young gentleman. He has a spotlight on him and he's making his decisions on what to do with it. None of which really matters at all.

Political Hack
02-25-2016, 10:44 AM
This is still going on? Who cares about this kid? He made his decision now he can take his butt up north, get F'd up on the square, raise hell, play a little football, and then wash out like every other 4-star WR from MS they sign.

Signed,
Snoop and Tobias Manning

BeardoMSU
02-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Great post, Beast.

Dawgface
02-25-2016, 11:33 AM
Who is AJ Brown??

Never met him. Wouldn't know him if I ran into him.

GreenheadDawg
02-25-2016, 11:41 AM
I blame the recruiting services, all- star games, and just recruiting in general. They make these high school kids out to be ****ing stars. I mean come on, now they have announce videos that are produced. Shit is a ****ing joke. It's just gonna get worse. I mean I've seen kids say that they won't be do any interviews or taking any calls, like they are ****ing Michael Jordan or something. Recruiting has gotten out of hand

drunkernhelldawg
02-25-2016, 11:42 AM
So true. Let the kids be the kids.

32 Dive
02-25-2016, 11:46 AM
Never met him. Wouldn't know him if I ran into him.

Stay away from anyone wearing a red backpack. A NCAA logo on your blazer, will do nicely to repel these types...

TimberBeast
02-25-2016, 11:50 AM
I blame the recruiting services, all- star games, and just recruiting in general. They make these high school kids out to be ****ing stars. I mean come on, now they have announce videos that are produced. Shit is a ****ing joke. It's just gonna get worse. I mean I've seen kids say that they won't be do any interviews or taking any calls, like they are ****ing Michael Jordan or something. Recruiting has gotten out of hand

Recruiting will be the downfall of college football. Because of these same kids and parents / coaches, it won't be long before we are paying he players, and then it's over.

ScoobaDawg
02-25-2016, 11:51 AM
This is in relation to AJ Brown and his Twitter. I don't follow him, never have. I do see his tweets RT'd with regularity so I'm not oblivious to what's going on. I also see the reaction by MSU fans. This is the deal. I don't like that a good player from Starkville went to Ole Miss and you shouldn't either. The fact is that he signed with Ole Miss. In my opinion, his Twitter shows extreme levels of attention seeking behavior. Whatever. I think that attitude makes him a greater risk to bust but you never know, he may be all-sec. What's crazy to me is how mad so many fans get about an attention seeking 17 year old. Let that seek in. An attention seeking kid is essentially trolling on Twitter and grown people are eating it up and getting pissed and then engaging in Twitter pissing matches with him and his OM fan defenders.

Does a tree that falls in the forrest make a sound if no one is around to hear it? My advice is to not pay him any mind. Who cares what a 17 year old says/thinks? I promise you I could care less what he says about MSU/Starkville. A 17 year old doesn't effect my emotions. Won't ever. The more you feed into his trolling, the more you are feeding his attention seeking behavior. I can't fathom getting mad and tweeting him.

EXACTLY. It was pointed out towards the end of recruiting He is a primadonna and just wants attention. He was bought by That School Up North and will have to deal with those actions now.

Let it die... next time I wanna hear about him is football season when he isn't doing shit.

SignalToNoise
02-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Recruiting will be the downfall of college football. Because of these same kids and parents / coaches, it won't be long before we are paying he players, and then it's over.

At the rate we are going recruiting might be the downfall of western civilization. Never seen so many fans on both sides of the rivalry go completely ape shit over stuff like this.

At the very least keep to yourself and your circle of friends- leave it off Twitter, Facebook, etc.

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Well, I am not even on twitter so I don't really care what Brown tweets but if there are threads on here about the topic I reserve the right to comment just like I do on any thread.

RougeDawg
02-25-2016, 12:27 PM
The most sad thing about all of this is even needing Beast to post it. Who gives a shit if a kid chooses to sign with a bunch of murse toting pansies who are going to be watching College Football Bowl games from the friendly confines of their OM paid for houses and apartments? They are getting the hammer and if a kid is so ignorant and delusional to sign there (especially under their current circumstances), then why in the F*CK would any state fan want this type of player on our team? We don't want bad apples so why even waste a second of mental activity on what one of these clowns does? We all know that OM has had more 4-5* busts than the rest of the SEC combined so let them go to the Lafayette Bluechip Graveyard. You reap what you sow, and those ignorant bastards are finally reaping what they've sown for the last decade.

HoopsCoach21
02-25-2016, 12:31 PM
This is still going on? Who cares about this kid? He made his decision now he can take his butt up north, get F'd up on the square, raise hell, play a little football, and then wash out like every other 4-star WR from MS they sign.

Signed,
Snoop, Pat Pat, and Tobias Manning

FIFY

Dawg61
02-25-2016, 12:35 PM
He isn't a kid anymore once he decided to use Twitter to paint MSU in a bad light and he's done it repeatedly the last month. He doesn't get protection from his actions anymore. 17 or 97 years old I don't give a shit. AJ Brown wants to play a man's game he can pay a man's price.

JDog13
02-25-2016, 12:36 PM
I won't @ him ever, not my style. However, if more people inflate his ego, and cause him to be a bigger problem, then LOL.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Tweeting at any kid in the process blows my mind. Congrats is one thing. Having an issue to discuss is another. Entirely possible he being told to do this. So let it go. Celebrate who we got. Not who Mullen didn't want

ScoobaDawg
02-25-2016, 12:53 PM
He isn't a kid anymore once he decided to use Twitter to paint MSU in a bad light and he's done it repeatedly the last month. He doesn't get protection from his actions anymore. 17 or 97 years old I don't give a shit. AJ Brown wants to play a man's game he can pay a man's price.

So trolling MSU fans to make heated 140 character responses on Twitter makes him a Man?

Dawg61
02-25-2016, 01:11 PM
So trolling MSU fans to make heated 140 character responses on Twitter makes him a Man?

AJ decided to step up to man's world man's rules. I didn't decide that for him. When you are well known in this State, have 10,000 followers on your Twitter and are actively negatively influencing future recruiting for MSU football you're responsible for what you tweet. Calling him "just a kid" doesn't fly anymore.

bulldawg28
02-25-2016, 02:27 PM
Tweeting at any kid in the process blows my mind. Congrats is one thing. Having an issue to discuss is another. Entirely possible he being told to do this. So let it go. Celebrate who we got. Not who Mullen didn't want

Lol...I see what you did there and I like it!

NYDawg
02-25-2016, 03:02 PM

Nobody gives a flying 17 about protecting this guy. When grown men get into arguments with some high school kid, the adults look ridiculous and don't exactly help MSU even if they "win" the argument. How hard is this to understand? Seriously.

Dawg61
02-25-2016, 03:37 PM
Nobody gives a flying 17 about protecting this guy. When grown men get into arguments with some high school kid, the adults look ridiculous and don't exactly help MSU even if they "win" the argument. How hard is this to understand? Seriously.

So it'll be ok for grown men to stand up for their university in August just not in February? Let us all know when you no longer consider him "a kid" so nobody offends you.

NYDawg
02-25-2016, 03:59 PM
So it'll be ok for grown men to stand up for their university in August just not in February? Let us all know when you no longer consider him "a kid" so nobody offends you.

I expressed an opinion - adults who get into childish twitter arguments with high schoolers look ridiculous and don't reflect well on MSU - that is directly on point for this topic. Your assumption that I am somehow offended, as opposed to merely thinking it is childish and absurd, speaks more to the limits of your reading comprehension skills than my state of mind.

Dawg61
02-25-2016, 04:09 PM
I expressed an opinion - adults who get into childish twitter arguments with high schoolers look ridiculous and don't reflect well on MSU - that is directly on point for this topic. Your assumption that I am somehow offended, as opposed to merely thinking it is childish and absurd, speaks more to the limits of your reading comprehension skills than my state of mind.

Ok so you EXPRESSED an opinion that something looks RIDICULOUS, CHILDISH AND ABSURD to you but it also doesn't offend you. Got it. Woman.

NYDawg
02-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Ok so you EXPRESSED an opinion that something looks RIDICULOUS, CHILDISH AND ABSURD to you but it also doesn't offend you. Got it. Woman.

I couldn't have made my point any better. Thanks.

FISHDAWG
02-25-2016, 04:35 PM
ha - most folks posting in this thread were in nuclear meltdown when he signed and they voiced their thoughts on a public message board ... now the same folks are all of a sudden in control of their emotions and telling others how to act on a message board ...... I have never tweeted him or re-tweeted him - I just don't care, but I just find this amusing and I'm not buying it ..... I don't care if he's only 17 - at some point kids have to start learning

sandwolf
02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
ha - most folks posting in this thread were in nuclear meltdown when he signed and they voiced their thoughts on a public message board ... now the same folks are all of a sudden in control of their emotions and telling others how to act on a message board ...... I have never tweeted him or re-tweeted him - I just don't care, but I just find this amusing and I'm not buying it ..... I don't care if he's only 17 - at some point kids have to start learning

+1