PDA

View Full Version : AJ still showing no class...

MoreCowbell
02-24-2016, 11:20 PM
AJ sent out another tweet after MSU basketball game tonight:

"MSU men basketball though 😂"

Like seriously man...how are his parents or anyone else close to him from Starkville not telling him to chill out at this point? Seems like he's having a tough time adjusting after the cameras/attention are gone and no one cares anymore. Poor kid.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 11:23 PM
I really hope he's the next pat Patterson. I really want him to fail

CadaverDawg
02-24-2016, 11:29 PM
I see this as him trying to convince himself he made the right choice. I think deep down he knows he ****ed up.

He didn't. He fits in perfectly.....an insecure punk

BeardoMSU
02-24-2016, 11:46 PM

"MSU men basketball though ��"

Like seriously man...how are his parents or anyone else close to him from Starkville not telling him to chill out at this point? Seems like he's having a tough time adjusting after the cameras/attention are gone and no one cares anymore. Poor kid.

Which begs the question: why are you following him on twitter?

maroonmania
02-24-2016, 11:47 PM

"MSU men basketball though ��"

I'm to the point now where I hope all MSU fans in and around Starkville treat he and his family like dog crap. Its bad enough to sign with the home town's school's biggest rival but then to troll the MSU fanbase like he has is just beyond decency.

Really Clark?
02-24-2016, 11:53 PM

I don't know if he is, but I saw it from someone else re-twitting it.

Maroon Diapers
02-24-2016, 11:53 PM
A kid from SHS was at the baseball games last weekend saying AJ told him he got $40k per year at UM plus the Charger. Let his diva self keep talking. Brandon Bryant may make sure he only sees one year of that salary next Thanksgiving.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2016, 11:56 PM
What a punk. Anybody think this years Egg Bowl gonna be even nastier than usual.

RougeDawg
02-25-2016, 12:28 AM

Welcome to 2016. One does not have to follow someone to view/observe the tweets/retweets/quotes/responses of said person. Any or all of ones actions on Twitter can be retweeted/quoted/responded to by someone of which you follow and it shows up to you. Or you could simply search #MSU #MississippiState etc and see the tweet. Or you could set up groups of which being every tweet about a subject, university, Twitter tag, erc. To bring all tweet on the search into one list.

BeardoMSU
02-25-2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome to 2016. One does not have to follow someone to view/observe the tweets/retweets/quotes/responses of said person. Any or all of ones actions on Twitter can be retweeted/quoted/responded to by someone of which you follow and it shows up to you. Or you could simply search #MSU #MississippiState etc and see the tweet. Or you could set up groups of which being every tweet about a subject, university, Twitter tag, erc. To bring all tweet on the search into one list.

I get all that. But still....he's a ****ing high schooler. I imagine most posters on this board are adults. Why do grown men give a shit what a high school kid says? It's like getting heated because a kid on the playground says his dad can beat up your dad.

He picked OM. Oh well, and probably for the best (seems like a perfect fit). Move on.

PassInterference
02-25-2016, 12:57 AM
Hate your rival. But by God, don't hate someone that is 6 months away from playing football for your rival. That's taking it too damn far!!!! That kid will become a young man in 6 months then we can give him hell!!

SDDawg
02-25-2016, 02:11 AM
He is a dumbass Reb now, he can live with the consequences.

BossDawg
02-25-2016, 04:22 AM
Wow. He's a real mature kid, huh?

The funny thing about all of this is UMiss is still THE ONLY team in the SEC without a regular season conference championship in basketball. You'd think "The Flagship" could at least pull one of those out of their rears.

Coach34
02-25-2016, 05:59 AM
A kid from SHS was at the baseball games last weekend saying AJ told him he got $40k per year at UM plus the Charger. Let his diva self keep talking. Brandon Bryant may make sure he only sees one year of that salary next Thanksgiving.

He probably is getting the 40K- but he has been driving the Charger to school all year long

Indndawg
02-25-2016, 06:28 AM

its kinda easy to see ppl's Tweets even though you might not follow....breath in the technology b/4 you insult someone.

Bama_Dawg
02-25-2016, 06:34 AM
Aside from this guy living in Starkville, why do we care? Let him run his mouth, and our guys will do the talking on the field.

Blackout
02-25-2016, 06:35 AM

Can he record that convo next time please.

bulldawg28
02-25-2016, 06:42 AM
Maybe this spark is what MSU players need. Good trash talk always motivates. Freeze won't do it but I'm glad someone from the Ole Miss camp is.

Ralph
02-25-2016, 07:30 AM
I get all that. But still....he's a ****ing high schooler. I imagine most posters on this board are adults. Why do grown men give a shit what a high school kid says? It's like getting heated because a kid on the playground says his dad can beat up your dad.

He picked OM. Oh well, and probably for the best (seems like a perfect fit). Move on.

Would be the way you say if he wasn't trolling MSU. I don't follow him but I can't help but see it on Twitter bc I follow sports reporters.

You should check it out for yourself instead of being ignorant and having posters spoon feed it to you lol.

dawggoneit
02-25-2016, 08:22 AM
He'd better get his laughs in now

msstate7
02-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Obviously Aj got paid to go to om, but it seems spite towards us was pretty up there in his decision too.

chef dixon
02-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Damn if he's lol'ing at MSU men's basketball wait till he gets to the pavilion.

bulldogcountry1
02-25-2016, 08:31 AM
I'm sure it's been said before in some shape of form, but this is going to be the ultimate test of just how bulletproof the UM network is. Ignoring everything else that may or may not have happened with the investigation, they went into a rival's hometown and signed it's biggest player. He immediately start talking trash on social media and is now claiming impermissible benefits to his friends. In less than a month, he's taken every opportunity to say something negative about State, and I don't see it ending. If the powers that be at State aren't taking this personally and doing everything they can, then we deserve the title of "little brother".

FISHDAWG
02-25-2016, 08:41 AM
if this is the kids personality, character, demeanor, or whatever the appropriate term is then maybe we didn't need him on the team ... Kobe - you're the man !!

msstate7
02-25-2016, 08:44 AM
if this is the kids personality, character, demeanor, or whatever the appropriate term is then maybe we didn't need him on the team ... Kobe - you're the man !!

I agree, although we could've certainly used his talent esp after losing farrar

RTO Dawg
02-25-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm sure it's been said before in some shape of form, but this is going to be the ultimate test of just how bulletproof the UM network is. Ignoring everything else that may or may not have happened with the investigation, they went into a rival's hometown and signed it's biggest player. He immediately start talking trash on social media and is now claiming impermissible benefits to his friends. In less than a month, he's taken every opportunity to say something negative about State, and I don't see it ending. If the powers that be at State aren't taking this personally and doing everything they can, then we deserve the title of "little brother".

This^^^

defiantdog
02-25-2016, 08:45 AM
The dude is just trying to get responses. He won't be saying much next Fall when he simply becomes a number and has to share playing time.

Dawgtini
02-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Tony Hughes will help him get his head on straight in a couple years when he transfers to JSU.

starkvegasdawg
02-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Surprised Kobe Jones hasn't shown him a nice place he can shove that phone he is sending those tweets out on.

Jarius
02-25-2016, 09:22 AM
He is a dumbass. He blames Dan Mullen for not "coming to see him more" when he is obviously limited to the amount of times he is allowed by NCAA rules to come see the kid. He put a picture on instagram of thousands of dolllars on his kitchen table shortly after signing day. He constantly berates the town that helped get his arrogant ass where he is today. Like a lot of people have said, he really thought that he could go to Ole Miss and people in his home town would still slobber all over him. He is now realizing that he has shit where he eats and can't stand Kobe Jones getting more attention in his own home town than he is. He is an attention whore that fits in perfectly where he signed to play football. He better end up being a really good football player or he will be running the cash register with Freddie Millons at Wally World.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-25-2016, 09:31 AM
I quit paying attention to him three weeks before signing day. Along the same time the coaches did. He has talent, but like I said all along he wasn't as polished a receiver in high school as Chad Bumphis or Pat Patterson. So all that "he's the best receiver to come out of Mississippi in a long time" crap was basically because of where he went to school. I want to see the kid when there is a more talented DB on him. Or when he is asked to run a route other then a go or bubble. Truth is truth, has a chance to be great. But where he is headed with the attitude he has could be the difference. It turned Laquan great and Pat below average. I don't see any mid ground here. He will either be Quan or Pat Pat

GreenheadDawg
02-25-2016, 09:57 AM
If everyone would just ignore him and quit responding to him then he will go away. It's obvious he is an attention whore and has the maturity level of a 10 year old. He chose the right school

Jarius
02-25-2016, 09:59 AM
I for one don't want him to go away as far as his mouth running goes. The more trash he talks the better.

defiantdog
02-25-2016, 09:59 AM
I quit paying attention to him three weeks before signing day. Along the same time the coaches did. He has talent, but like I said all along he wasn't as polished a receiver in high school as Chad Bumphis or Pat Patterson. So all that "he's the best receiver to come out of Mississippi in a long time" crap was basically because of where he went to school. I want to see the kid when there is a more talented DB on him. Or when he is asked to run a route other then a go or bubble. Truth is truth, has a chance to be great. But where he is headed with the attitude he has could be the difference. It turned Laquan great and Pat below average. I don't see any mid ground here. He will either be Quan or Pat Pat

AJ could have started day 1 for us.... now he's going to be lost in an over saturated depth chart. Best of luck to him.

BB30
02-25-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm to the point now where I hope all MSU fans in and around Starkville treat he and his family like dog crap. Its bad enough to sign with the home town's school's biggest rival but then to troll the MSU fanbase like he has is just beyond decency.

No reason to sink to his level. He will realize at some point that what he did/is doing is dumb and immature. I would rather the university and our fans not get caught up in the negative. He will end up losing a lot of friends and once his football career is over he will realize that maybe he should not have said/done some of the things he did.

Liverpooldawg
02-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Why follow him or acknowledge him? He obviously loves the reactions or he wouldn't do it. Here is a hint: a lot of reporters are the same way.

Dawg61
02-25-2016, 10:11 AM

Play a man's game pay a man's price. AJ is now influencing future recruiting for MSU. He graduated into the adult world three weeks ago. He reaps what he sows.

shoeless joe
02-25-2016, 10:13 AM
He's really no different than any other big time recruit in today's culture of athletics. He was never coming to state and now that he's receiving the back lash for making it public he's reacting the way most high school kids would. I have seen the actions of several good kids make them look like a selfish attention whore when they're just doing what everyone else does. Doesn't make it rite...just is what it is.

MoreCowbell
02-25-2016, 10:15 AM

I'm not. Someone I follow retweeted it.

Political Hack
02-25-2016, 10:46 AM
He made the right choice. He wouldn't have lasted at State.

Maroons
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM
He made the right choice. He wouldn't have lasted at State.

Mullen was right when he said on signing day that some players aren't a fit for our program. That was a direct reference to Brown.

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 11:51 AM

Well, he looked pretty darn good in the MS/AL all-star game which had some fairly good DBs in it from the AL side. No, we probably don't need his questionable character and attitude on the team but anybody who thinks we don't need his talent just has their head in the sand. We actually needed him more than UNM does who has more high end talent available at WR on their current roster than we do. And I personally don't think he resents Mullen nearly as much for not "coming to see him" as for not getting him a counteroffer from MSU on the OM "signing package".

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 11:57 AM
He's really no different than any other big time recruit in today's culture of athletics. He was never coming to state and now that he's receiving the back lash for making it public he's reacting the way most high school kids would. I have seen the actions of several good kids make them look like a selfish attention whore when they're just doing what everyone else does. Doesn't make it rite...just is what it is.

I guess I don't understand whey he "was never coming to State". He apparently spent a lot of time hanging out at MSU. If he is so negative on the place then why? Did he want to just go to a high profile traditional power program? No, he didn't do that. Did he want to get out of MS? No, he didn't do that. He could have gone to AL and done both of those things and still have been slightly closer to home than he will be in Oxford but still leave his hometown if that was the issue. Just really looks like it was all about who provided the best "deal".

LC Dawg
02-25-2016, 12:13 PM
I guess I don't understand whey he "was never coming to State". He apparently spent a lot of time hanging out at MSU. If he is so negative on the place then why? Did he want to just go to a high profile traditional power program? No, he didn't do that. Did he want to get out of MS? No, he didn't do that. He could have gone to AL and done both of those things and still have been slightly closer to home than he will be in Oxford but still leave his hometown if that was the issue. Just really looks like it was all about who provided the best "deal".
He wanted to feel "loved" which is code for something else.

shoeless joe
02-25-2016, 12:20 PM

It was made clear last summer it was a bama-ole miss battle. Alabama had the battle won until the very last minute.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-25-2016, 12:34 PM
First off there is no way he started day one for Msu. Anyone who thinks that hasn't followed Msu all that closely. Could he have earned it during the year, sure. But Fred Brown will be an upper class guy that earned the chance and Mullen would start him because of that. Not that the kid wasn't talented enough. But Mullen is Mullen and Fred would start regardless. I am not and would not say the kid isn't talented. My issue with it is that when you watch film of several other kids he doesn't separate himself enough to be called the best to come out of Mississippi. Watch his film and then watch Michael Carrs. Mike might be the most physically gifted guy you will see. Just wasn't mentally all in

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 12:47 PM
It was made clear last summer it was a bama-ole miss battle. Alabama had the battle won until the very last minute.

OK, understood. Still doesn't really answer why unless he just had some unknown reason to dislike his hometown.

Tripp McNeely
02-25-2016, 12:50 PM
I see this as him trying to convince himself he made the right choice. I think deep down he knows he ****ed up.

He didn't. He fits in perfectly.....an insecure punk

^^^^This is 100% what's going on!

GTHOM
02-25-2016, 10:56 PM
Hes a 17 year old kid that thinks he's the shit right now because everyone in the state made him feel that way. I am a high school coach and am telling you he is good, but he's not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. I just find it funny he shit on MSU basketball when we beat the school he took the money from earlier this season......

cheewgumm
02-25-2016, 11:31 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. He's an Ole Miss U guy now. If he wants to make fun when we lose, go ahead.

I'll damn sure make fun when we beat them.

Dawgcentral
02-26-2016, 07:57 PM
I think there's a big difference in one kid who says "I'd love to play here and I could really use some help if that's possible", and another young man who plays the bargaining game trying to build his offer.

Jackie used to say it was a shame you couldn't help a young man buy himself a suit of clothes to attend a funeral.

There are lines that can be drawn when it comes to inducements while recruiting. "Everyone does it", simply does not tell the entire story, and TSUN is finding out that bad behavior results in consequences. AJ will come to understand this also if he ever grows up.