PDA

View Full Version : LSU goes down to Lamar...

Bdawg
02-24-2016, 10:39 PM
now there is a bad loss for you.

Tupelodawg88
02-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Explain plz

Bdawg
02-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Saw where Matt W posted on Twitter where LSU baseball team just lost to Lamar. 12-11 I believe. Thought it was of note since a ton of people were upset about our opening weekend and our FAU losses.

Tupelodawg88
02-24-2016, 11:09 PM
Gotcha sorry.i thought you may have been talking about Lamar peters

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Gotcha sorry.i thought you may have been talking about Lamar peters

No, that doesn't happen until next year. :)

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 12:44 PM
delete duplicate

Taog Redloh
02-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Must not be playing their veteran players

derp

Todd4State
02-25-2016, 02:43 PM
Even worse LSU had an 8-0 lead and blew it. LSU has a lot of new players though.

bulldogcountry1
02-25-2016, 03:28 PM
They will be firing on all cylinders by April 22...

BankerDog
02-25-2016, 04:00 PM
Even worse LSU had an 8-0 lead and blew it. LSU has a lot of new players though.

You could make the same argument for us with the new players. We played three true freshmen (Mangum, LA, EM). New starters at 1B and 3B(Collins even say out the 1st game). A new DH. And a guy in RF (Rooker) who only DH'd partially last year. I guess LSU fans should be on the fire Maineri train.

Seems as though Cohen has learned he can't tinker with the lineup as much this year. It's been pretty consistent so far. FAU was a dang good team. Won 47 games last year, took Florida to a game 3 to either go to Supers or CWS I'm not quite sure, and returned the majority of their starters.

I would love to see a SP rotation of Hudson, Brown, Sexton, and Tatum this weekend. I just don't have confidence in Houston after watching him last weekend in person.

Todd4State
02-25-2016, 06:52 PM
You could make the same argument for us with the new players. We played three true freshmen (Mangum, LA, EM). New starters at 1B and 3B(Collins even say out the 1st game). A new DH. And a guy in RF (Rooker) who only DH'd partially last year. I guess LSU fans should be on the fire Maineri train.

Seems as though Cohen has learned he can't tinker with the lineup as much this year. It's been pretty consistent so far. FAU was a dang good team. Won 47 games last year, took Florida to a game 3 to either go to Supers or CWS I'm not quite sure, and returned the majority of their starters.

I would love to see a SP rotation of Hudson, Brown, Sexton, and Tatum this weekend. I just don't have confidence in Houston after watching him last weekend in person.

I don't disagree with any of that. I thought we would go 3-1 the opening weekend- and I did not account for us bringing in a lot of freshmen in game one which as Cohen has said in hindsight was a mistake otherwise we would have met my expectations.

I agree with you about Houston. I think he is a relief pitcher as far as his college career goes- once he goes to MLB they may decide that he could be a starter and they have the time and resources to allow him to develop into one. But for us I want him to be a 100 MPH badass closing things out. I'll take once a week and midweek if it's true that his arm doesn't recover quickly.

I know you were joking about LSU fans wanting to fire Manieri, but knowing them they probably actually do.

We do have a lot of guys that aren't necessarily "young"- but we have a lot of guys that haven't played a lot. Or they're learning to play a new position. And then some of them are indeed young. That's one reason I wish Butch had allowed guys like Hudson and maybe even Houston a chance to start last year so that they could at least get some experience. I'm optimistic that we'll be pretty good the second half of the SEC schedule. We'll see how this weekend goes. Nicholls is 4-1 but all of those wins are against Mississippi Valley.