PDA

View Full Version : Channing Ward next?

Todd4State
08-12-2013, 06:11 PM
I've heard that the NCAA is going to Aberdeen next.

engie
08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Several saying that**

msstate7
08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Any idea of the other(s)?

gravedigger
08-12-2013, 06:26 PM
I cant decide whether to watch 24 or keep up with this. I'd say if there wont be much found on Ward unless they just went full stupid on things they bought for him.

He was an OM lock as a junior in high school. Watched him play against my nephew and there was little doubt back then where he was going.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Maybe the madison area?

KennyPowers2
08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Oh man my rebel buddy hates me right now. We can't Ever talk recruiting because he gets so damn defensive when I tell him how much they cheat and pay.

mic
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
of all the players they signed that class the one name under the radar and maybe the most surprising to me was the 4* OL Austin Golson from Pratville AL.
he was a FSU commit since APRIL 2011.. His only visit to Oxford was Jan 18.. ( the big weekend) .. He decommits from FSU few days later and commits to Rebs.. I may be wrong but I don't think he ever attended game or camped there or had any ties to the Rebs or Oxford...

Saltydog
08-12-2013, 06:28 PM
NT

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-12-2013, 06:31 PM
The best part is the guys they paid to come there, that we know about, are all bust and not there. CJ is the exception but he hasnt been all world yet.

They lost their ass on a ton of guys.

AlSwearengen
08-12-2013, 06:39 PM
of all the players they signed that class the one name under the radar and maybe the most surprising to me was the 4* OL Austin Golson from Pratville AL.
he was a FSU commit since APRIL 2011.. His only visit to Oxford was Jan 18.. ( the big weekend) .. He decommits from FSU few days later and commits to Rebs.. I may be wrong but I don't think he ever attended game or camped there or had any ties to the Rebs or Oxford...

They have had several like this. Maybe not the exact same circumstances, but a recruit that no one really gave them a chance with or had not shown much interest in olemiss, takes a weekend visit and then commits on monday or tuesday. Way too many head scratchers. The latest is the one from texas.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM
NT

This wouldn't be a guy you can pull up with 55 gallon barrel and get it filled in Abadeen would it?

GumpDawg
08-12-2013, 07:15 PM

Even the Auburn and Bama folks here in the Prattville area were caught off guard with that one. I know a couple guys close to the prattville program and they are puzzled about it. They don't know the power of the library apparently.

deltadawg99
08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I thought the whole deal with Ward was that his brother was a walk on at OM and they would give him a scholarship if Ward signed.

Could be completely wrong though

Dawgbite
08-12-2013, 07:19 PM
This wouldn't be a guy you can pull up with 55 gallon barrel and get it filled in Abadeen would it?

You will have to take the barrel to Tupelo, they moved the business years ago.

gravedigger
08-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Goes back before that. They were taking care of him long before they sealed the deal with his brother, if that even was important.

chainedup_Dawg
08-12-2013, 08:10 PM
NT

The old man died a year or so ago . However, a title search should show that his family still owns a certain piece of property.

engie
08-12-2013, 08:22 PM
The old man died a year or so ago . However, a title search should show that his family still owns a certain piece of property.

There you have it...

Coach34
08-12-2013, 08:28 PM
That certainly hurts the Rebel spin that the NCAA is after us

chainedup_Dawg
08-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Goes back before that. They were taking care of him long before they sealed the deal with his brother, if that even was important.

This is true, it didn't matter at all that his brother was there. They took care of him, brother and mama for years. This is why I thought it was blatant and funny when Channing signed/committed and said "OM just felt like Home"

mikeharper1984
08-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I can't wait for Ole Piss to burn for all of this. All of my UM friends rode my ass about our recruiting violations earlier this year but I know they're gonna get it way worse than we did

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Channing is toast if folks speak up. So I hear......

mikeharper1984
08-12-2013, 08:49 PM
someone will eventually speak up Freeze can't silence everybody forever

curmudgeon
08-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Monroe County is where the dominoes will start to fall.

Lots of willing songbirds. That is the group that wanted to fire their football coach for losing the state championship game. They are crazy like Arkansas fans.

DownwardDawg
08-12-2013, 09:38 PM
I can't wait for Ole Piss to burn for all of this. All of my UM friends rode my ass about our recruiting violations earlier this year but I know they're gonna get it way worse than we did

It will be the shock of my lifetime if anything happens to them. Don't get your hopes up.

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 09:45 PM

Mike, welcome. Little word of advice though....I probably speak for most when I say, no "Ole Piss". That's a little Genespage-ish. Other than that, glad to have you man.

engie
08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
It will be the shock of my lifetime if anything happens to them. Don't get your hopes up.

Why?

Last time the NCAA looked at them, they left with the worst probation since SMU. This isn't a "they are cheating, we're going to turn them in" thing -- this is a "they've been turned in by the whole free world AND the NCAA is already investigating" thing. Very, very different than the other past situations you describe involving Ole Miss.

RougeDawg
08-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Mike, welcome. Little word of advice though....I probably speak for most when I say, no "Ole Piss". That's a little Genespage-ish. Other than that, glad to have you man.

Learn from it and everything will be fine...

AlSwearengen
08-13-2013, 07:45 AM
If everyone remembers back to Channing's recruitment, the word was that there were two major hurdles preventing anyone but olemiss from getting him. One, his brother getting a schollie is totally believable. The other one is where the ncaa would be interested, provided that story is true, which I have little doubt. From his comments and various events, olemiss probably would have never been in the running to get him, so you have to decide if the schollie for brother for two years is enough.

If the story i heard was true, olemiss does a good job of identifying prospects early and moving on them quickly. I have also heard that they wrapped up Moncrief around his tenth grade year as well.

K9 Avenger
08-13-2013, 08:14 AM
I remember back during Ward's recruitment, Political Hack made a post on 24-7 that alluded to Ward and his pending commitment to us. Don't remember details of the post but it was clear Ward was about to commit and I figured Hack was hearing this from coaches (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). All the sudden, change of heart, he's going to wait it out and then....commits to the bearsharks. There was absolutely no doubt something funny was going on so none of this is surprising. Couldn't be happening to a nicer bunch...one can only hope it's a headline type story in every major news outlet for months and months.

Coach 57
08-13-2013, 08:40 AM
I can tell you this I saw Aberdeen play Lake Cormarant in a Jamboree a few years ago in Aberdeen. Bumped into Chris Wilson in the stands talked with him a minute. Went inside as a close friend is a coach on one of these two school's staff. Watched a rebel booster drop off a t-shirt rolled up in rubber bands as it was handed directly to Ward. He took it inside as the booster walked away. As he unrolled the shirt 2gs fell out on the floor. The kids in the locker room exploded in excitement. I told Wilson outside later and he laughed and said "you look surprised."

gravedigger
08-13-2013, 08:42 AM
That is a well established pattern. Commit to state early and see how much the ante gets raised. Has almost nothing to do with where they want to go.

Tobias singleton and pat pat made that happen for themselves. Patterson may have wanted to go to state at one time, but I don't think singleton ever did. I don't think ward ever did either no matter what he told people in interviews.

SignalToNoise
08-13-2013, 08:48 AM
I can tell you this I saw Aberdeen play Lake Cormarant in a Jamboree a few years ago in Aberdeen. Bumped into Chris Wilson in the stands talked with him a minute. Went inside as a close friend is a coach on one of these two school's staff. Watched a rebel booster drop off a t-shirt rolled up in rubber bands as it was handed directly to Ward. He took it inside as the booster walked away. As he unrolled the shirt 2gs fell out on the floor. The kids in the locker room exploded in excitement. I told Wilson outside later and he laughed and said "you look surprised."

That is hilarious. I'm only surprised that it took place right in front of everyone like that. I figured those types of meetings went down in junkyards a la Heisenberg and Tuco, or at least in a somewhat private setting.

Esmerelda Villalobos
08-13-2013, 08:55 AM
You physically counted twenty 100 dollar bills?

Coach 57
08-13-2013, 08:58 AM
No the kids went behind the piss wall out of site and the explosion was from one of the kids saying "man that's 2Gs!"

Coach34
08-13-2013, 09:06 AM

Hard to believe they would be that sloppy

Saltydog
08-13-2013, 09:17 AM
you're on the right track.........

K9 Avenger
08-13-2013, 09:29 AM

Sloppy or so damn arrogant and accustomed to getting away with it that they just don't care?

HereComesTheSpiral
08-13-2013, 09:44 AM
you're on the right track.........

Is this the oil distributor from yesterday? Can I name drop or is that against the rules?

trichidawg
08-13-2013, 09:47 AM
Ok I didnt want to be Jmoss on this board because I wanted to be able to anonymously post but I cant just let this ride. I was the offensive Coordinator and on staff from Channings Freshmen- Junior year. I was still the offensive coordinator during that spring game against Lake Commorant. That story is a bold face fabrication. Didnt happen. Where things done under the table by Ole Miss to get Channing to Oxford? Probably. Ive heard the rumors too from alot more reliable sources than a message board. However lets not make crap up that didnt happen.

Coach 57
08-13-2013, 09:49 AM
Seems like Salty & Herecomesthespiral are on the right trail.

Pollodawg
08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
I want to be on the right trail. I want to impress people with stuff I know. Somebody clue me in. lol

Goat Holder
08-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Yeah, going to go ahead and call BS on this one.

RougeDawg
08-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Untouchable. After years of getting away with more and more shit, this is the attitude any OM booster or criminal starts to display. Even their bought commits display this type of attitude. Twitter is a prime example of their "yea we cheat, what the **** are you going to do about it" mentality.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Untouchable. After years of getting away with more and more shit, this is the attitude any OM booster or criminal starts to display. Even their bought commits display this type of attitude. Twitter is a prime example of their "yea we cheat, what the **** are you going to do about it" mentality.
I agree and has anyone noticed how many rebs claim to be ministers or preachers on message boards and twitter? I bet most of their congregation has no idea of the vile that they spew on the internet.

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 11:18 AM

Coach, you know you're my boy....and I wouldn't be shocked if that actually went down in some form or fashion....but that sounds like some Grade A Bologna right there, ha.

Never know though.

And I tend to believe the guy in this thread that says he was Channing's team's OC during that time....but that doesn't mean he could have not been in the locker room when that went down. Just sayin. Just like we'll never know if 57 really saw that, we'll never know if the OC could have missed it, so it's total rumor at this point. Sounds far fetched though for sure.

Coach 57
08-13-2013, 12:31 PM
Guys I'm not taking this personally at all. You don't know me from "Adam" so go ahead with your claims. As all you know from me is exactly the same. A claim. No more no less. But things like this happen all the time, you just don't know it. But again, this is me from my internet "sideline" talking to you. For all you know everything I say or have ever said is bologna.

War Machine Dawg
08-13-2013, 01:12 PM
Guys I'm not taking this personally at all. You don't know me from "Adam" so go ahead with your claims. As all you know from me is exactly the same. A claim. No more no less. But things like this happen all the time, you just don't know it. But again, this is me from my internet "sideline" talking to you. For all you know everything I say or have ever said is bologna.

I have no reason to either believe or disbelieve you. But I will say I tend to believe this story. Why? Because we ALL know different stories of obvious Rebear cheating. And because of Twitter. When you've got recruits flashing cash and posting pictures/vids of recruiting "hostess" "activities" the way we've seen the last year or so, I have no reason to NOT think they'd be that damn blatant about it.

AlSwearengen
08-13-2013, 01:39 PM
A former usm baseball player (who holds or did hold a few hitting records at usm) used to tell me about going to the porta potty before games and coming back to the dugout with a hundred or two hundred dollars on occasion. This was a baseball player at usm.

Moral to the story? A five star DE getting $2000 before a football game from an olemiss booster that doesn't feel the need to be on the down low because, in his mind, he probably thinks he is king of aberdeen, isn't a story that is hard to believe.

bocfarm
08-13-2013, 01:54 PM

Lol....good one

trichidawg
08-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Believe what u want to.. there is no freaking way that happened. .. people are just throwing crap up against a wall and seeing what sticks.. I'm all for ole miss getting nailed. Hope they get the death penalty but lets stick to the facts

CadaverDawg
08-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Believe what u want to.. there is no freaking way that happened. .. people are just throwing crap up against a wall and seeing what sticks.. I'm all for ole miss getting nailed. Hope they get the death penalty but lets stick to the facts

Not saying Coach57 is right or wrong, but were you next to Ward every second he was in that locker room? You can't honestly expect us all to believe that you never could have missed a 5 minute stretch of a tshirt being handed to Ward, right? I mean, surely that is possible that you missed it.

Goat Holder
08-13-2013, 09:10 PM
Not saying Coach57 is right or wrong, but were you next to Ward every second he was in that locker room? You can't honestly expect us all to believe that you never could have missed a 5 minute stretch of a tshirt being handed to Ward, right? I mean, surely that is possible that you missed it.

Cadaver nobody does the dumb stuff Coach57 described. I'm sure he's an OK guy and all (he certainly seems to have an ego), but when players get paid it ain't on Friday nights in the middle of the locker room. That's easy probation right there. Nobody's this stupid. Nobody talks about the shit. It makes zero sense.

mikeharper1984
08-13-2013, 09:36 PM
Mike, welcome. Little word of advice though....I probably speak for most when I say, no "Ole Piss". That's a little Genespage-ish. Other than that, glad to have you man. I don't know who Genespage is but I won't say it again. Thanks I'm glad to be here.

dawgoneyall
08-13-2013, 09:53 PM
Heard similar stuff. Scoff at the amount, then you need to upgrade.

But i was skeptical at the amounts given at the start. 2gs was chump change.