PDA

View Full Version : Wow Butch...Tenn Might Be In Trouble

Really Clark?
02-24-2016, 06:00 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2016/02/24/lawsuit-tennessee-coach-butch-jones-called-player-traitor/80851232/

msstate7
02-24-2016, 06:02 PM
So who will be tenn's new coach?

BeardoMSU
02-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Yikes...

Really Clark?
So who will be tenn's new coach?

Bringing back Fulmer***

Oh sorry the correct response is Mullen to Tenn

Political Hack
Ouch. Teammates putting hits out one one another? Butch has got his hands full with this one.

Drugs Delaney
02-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Bucky to Tn.

Ralph
02-24-2016, 06:17 PM
Right as they were about to get good lol. TN fans suck

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 06:18 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vols/2016/02/24/lawsuit-tennessee-coach-butch-jones-called-player-traitor/80851232/
Yikes! Not looking good for Sgt. Carter

Johnson85
02-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Yikes...

That article is just regurgitating a civil complaint. It could be just as bad as it sounds, but it could easily be nothing like it sounds.

Taog Redloh
02-24-2016, 06:30 PM
White Knight Social Justice Warriors and the Feminists are really going to come out of the woodwork on this one, especially before knowing the facts. And, Tennessee fans will call Butch a saint looking out for his players. Who to believe?

TStationDawg
02-24-2016, 06:32 PM
Well, I will say this- the player who said Butch called him a "traitor" and filed an official affidavit, is the son of a cop. So he wouldn't take that lightly. Lends more credence to his corner imo.

Really Clark?
02-24-2016, 06:36 PM
Well, I will say this- the player who said Butch called him a "traitor" and filed an official affidavit, is the son of a cop. So he wouldn't take that lightly. Lends more credence to his corner imo.

Not just a cop but a captain of the Madison County Sherriff's Office and is also going to be testifying. This former player also went to a Christian private high school. Does it mean much? I know at some schools not really but some private schools are really big on moral conduct. I tend to believe him right now.

TStationDawg
02-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Yep, I agree with you- I tend to believe him also. More so than Butch "brick by brick" Jones anyway!

cheewgumm
02-24-2016, 06:42 PM
This situation requires good christian leadership. If only there were a coach who is the best christian we could think of...hmmm.

Political Hack
02-24-2016, 06:44 PM
That article is just regurgitating a civil complaint. It could be just as bad as it sounds, but it could easily be nothing like it sounds.

Lol. You're right as it pertains to a court of law, but public perception and the PR backlash from this won't be fun for them. I can promise you that.

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Lol. You're right as it pertains to a court of law, but public perception and the PR backlash from this won't be fun for them. I can promise you that.
Especially since those making these acusations seem to be both believable and (prob most importantly) likeable.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2016, 06:51 PM
This situation requires good christian leadership. If only there were a coach who is the best christian we could think of...hmmm.

You're right. Freeze would have come out in support of the dismissed players to the tune of "I'm proud of them for protecting their brothers. Snitches get ditches, so saith the Psalms".***

gtowndawg
02-24-2016, 07:05 PM
Nice knowing you Butch. Tennessee really is a mess.

mcain31
02-24-2016, 07:29 PM
UT is just a mess

GreenheadDawg
02-24-2016, 07:48 PM
If all this is true and Butch allowed this kind of culture where rape is accepted then he should never coach football again. But until the facts come out I'll withhold my judgement

Saltydog
02-24-2016, 07:51 PM
nt

Johnson85
02-24-2016, 07:56 PM
Not just a cop but a captain of the Madison County Sherriff's Office and is also going to be testifying. This former player also went to a Christian private high school. Does it mean much? I know at some schools not really but some private schools are really big on moral conduct. I tend to believe him right now.

I would tend to believe him, but it doesn't look like he has anything to talk about regarding the alleged rape, other than maybe how the girl was acting when he saw her. Still going to be a huge black eye for UT assuming he backs up the complaints allegations regarding how Butch Jones and the other players treated him.

chainedup_Dawg
02-24-2016, 08:01 PM
Could you imagine the CL writing this story if it were om? Ha, me neither

Really Clark?
02-24-2016, 08:04 PM
I would tend to believe him, but it doesn't look like he has anything to talk about regarding the alleged rape, other than maybe how the girl was acting when he saw her. Still going to be a huge black eye for UT assuming he backs up the complaints allegations regarding how Butch Jones and the other players treated him.

I agree. As far as the alleged rape, I don't think so either. But he does help back up her condition when he found her and helped her get medical attention right then. Could help lead credence to her account of the events, at least from that point forward. I agree the rest is painting a disturbing picture of the program's culture and how certain players are made leaders and how the one who did the righteous and moral thing was physically and verbally assaulted by not just players and team captain but the HC as well. If what is in his affidavit is true.

TUSK
02-24-2016, 08:11 PM
Cut some players, sign some checks, and fill Smokey's water bowl... it's only February...

It's gonna take more than alleged "rape" and "hits" to derail Butch, IMO...

Now, if everyone can't be bought off....

BoomBoom
02-24-2016, 08:18 PM
I agree. As far as the alleged rape, I don't think so either. But he does help back up her condition when he found her and helped her get medical attention right then. Could help lead credence to her account of the events, at least from that point forward. I agree the rest is painting a disturbing picture of the program's culture and how certain players are made leaders and how the one who did the righteous and moral thing was physically and verbally assaulted by not just players and team captain but the HC as well. If what is in his affidavit is true.

i'm relieved someone else saw that.

Bucky Dog
02-24-2016, 09:23 PM
My take is that Bowles is believable and if Jones is convicted then Butch is gone because it vindicates Bowles and his actions.

Tupelodawg88
02-24-2016, 11:01 PM
Jared fogle might be interested in the job

RougeDawg
02-25-2016, 12:30 AM
Mullen to TN. Just ask Salley.**