PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Recruiting Question on # of Schollies

TStationDawg
02-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Can we only sign 4 this year? So, obviously I'm assuming we have Q, Newman, Holman, Ready and Stapleton returning....am I missing anyone (other than walk on's)? We have 6 incoming freshman to make 11 out of the total 15 we can have, right? Doesn't the NCAA have some weird rule about the # of players you can sign every other year? I'm sure its common knowledge I just don't keep up with that stuff. Are we going to have to have some roster attrition to make it work?

If that math above works (which would shock me if it is), who are the prospects to keep an eye on? Malik and Q being the wild cards for next year (early draftee potential) at this point, what position do we need to focus on? Thanks for the info....I'll hang up and listen.

Coach34
02-24-2016, 05:41 PM
We have a transfer sitting out this year...Strugg too? Those are two more on scholly

Ifyouonlyknew
02-24-2016, 05:42 PM
If no underclassmen leave we have 1 scholarship available.

smootness
02-24-2016, 05:42 PM
We have 13 total scholarships, not 15.

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 05:53 PM
If no underclassmen leave we have 1 scholarship available.

Which is why some say we may take 2 more in the 2016 class? I presume only 1 if Malik by chance decides to stay another year?

Johnson85
02-24-2016, 06:21 PM
Can we only sign 4 this year? So, obviously I'm assuming we have Q, Newman, Holman, Ready and Stapleton returning....am I missing anyone (other than walk on's)? We have 6 incoming freshman to make 11 out of the total 15 we can have, right? Doesn't the NCAA have some weird rule about the # of players you can sign every other year? I'm sure its common knowledge I just don't keep up with that stuff. Are we going to have to have some roster attrition to make it work?

If that math above works (which would shock me if it is), who are the prospects to keep an eye on? Malik and Q being the wild cards for next year (early draftee potential) at this point, what position do we need to focus on? Thanks for the info....I'll hang up and listen.

I think the rule used to be that you could only sing 8 players in any two year period. I'm not sure if that's the rule anymore and I'm guessing there were a lot of exceptions and loop holes regardless.

TStationDawg
02-24-2016, 06:37 PM
ok- just so I'm clear- you can 13 total on scholarship. We ahve 6 incoming and 6 already on scholarship, leaving us the 1 available per Dan? Wow. Didn't realize it was that tight.

ScottH
02-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Depending on one maybe two remaining national long shots, Darius Hicks is a strong possibility of an offer.

This year at prep school, or whatever 22 Feet Academy is, has served him well. Plus he and Wright have gotten to be buddies.

engie
02-24-2016, 06:47 PM
We are going to take one or two more in this class. And then going to take 3-4 next year. The numbers will work themselves out.

Todd4State
02-24-2016, 07:00 PM
ok- just so I'm clear- you can 13 total on scholarship. We ahve 6 incoming and 6 already on scholarship, leaving us the 1 available per Dan? Wow. Didn't realize it was that tight.

I'm sure we could process someone if we needed to.

Thick
02-24-2016, 07:34 PM
Howland said in an interview this week that we were definitely taking 1 possibly 2 in this year's class. Does anyone know who that would be? Paging IYOK!

Ifyouonlyknew
02-24-2016, 08:59 PM
No clue besides they're planning on getting a PF. No sure names yet.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
02-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Expect Joe Strugg to be processed. IJ was going to be processed now is being reconsidered. We can bring back Johnny for another year if we want. Personally I want Johnny back so he can be a solid 13/12th man on the team. Somebody has to sit on the bench.

TStationDawg
02-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Johnny is a SR