PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

RocketDawg
02-24-2016, 04:13 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again."

I'm fairly new here, but have seen this message several times. In this case, it was a Reply by Dawgtini to a post by DancingRabbit, apparently telling him that he "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again.", which seems to mean that DancingRabbit was attempting to give himself Reputation points, since the statement was directed to him. With that in mind, it doesn't make much sense ... why would someone try to give themselves Reputation points?

Presumably, if a person likes what someone else says, they can click one of the icons and give the poster attaboys for being a reliable poster ... I understand that part (I think). Just not sure why that particular message keeps popping up.

Hypnodawg
02-24-2016, 04:23 PM
The quote "must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again." is a site message that was sent to Dawgtini when he tried to give DancingRabbit a reputation point. The site has limits in place.

Dawgtini then posted the message to let DancingRabbit know he that he liked his post.

Boodawg
02-24-2016, 04:33 PM
Okay, so what are reputation points?

Jack Lambert
02-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Okay, so what are reputation points?

If you like some ones post click the star below you vCash and leave the rep. As you get reps those green dots appear. I left you one.

I will not be able to give you another one for certain period of time.

Boodawg
02-24-2016, 04:41 PM
If you like some ones post click the star below you vCash and leave the rep. As you get reps those green dots appear. I left you one.

Ok, thanks, and back at you.

Boodawg
02-24-2016, 04:43 PM

Back at you, meaning I tried to give you one, but don't know if it took since you already have plenty of them.

the59dawg
02-24-2016, 05:12 PM

Info for me... Are the green dots that appear by ones name the green dot you are referring to? Are these green dots related to the green rectangles below ones status, ie, senior member? Thanks in advance.

ScoobaDawg
02-24-2016, 05:14 PM
Info for me... Are the green dots that appear by ones name the green dot you are referring to? Are these green dots related to the green rectangles below ones status, ie, senior member? Thanks in advance.

No the green dot shows the member is online.
The green bars are for reputation.

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 05:15 PM

The green dot means the user is online at the moment. The green bars represent the amount of rep points the user has (more bars more points).

the59dawg
02-24-2016, 11:19 PM
Thanks to you and Scooba. Is there an abacus or definition or something on this site that explains all these nuances, symbols, etc for neubies?

RocketDawg
02-25-2016, 07:50 AM
Looks like I wasn't the only one wondering. Thanks for the answers.

Bama_Dawg
02-25-2016, 09:38 AM
I also did a search of the FAQ for the Bulletin Board. You can read all about Rep here:

http://www.elitedawgs.com/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=reputation&titleandtext=0&match=all