PDA

View Full Version : Andy Kennedy

messageboardsuperhero
02-23-2016, 11:08 PM
I understand some of the criticisms on him, but Andy Kennedy really is a good floor coach. His teams always play hard and challenges the opposition with the way they use multiple defenses in a possession. He knows who his best offensive players are and builds the offense around them.

That said, I've watched a lot of the UM Mizzou game tonight and don't see any reason why we can't go up there and win with the way we've been playing. I'm not exactly predicting that to happen, but if Sword can contain Moody we'll have a real shot.

msstate7
02-23-2016, 11:15 PM
AK better find another Marshall/moody before next season. Losing moody, gielo, newby, and perez will hurt them big time

messageboardsuperhero
02-23-2016, 11:19 PM
AK better find another Marshall/moody before next season. Losing moody, gielo, newby, and perez will hurt them big time

They think they have one in a transfer from Miami that's sitting out this season. We'll see- Moody is damn near super human.

I just don't know what Kennedy was thinking with his recruiting class last year. Now they have about six or seven shooting guards on the roster.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2016, 11:50 PM
It still baffles me he wasn't fired after "the international altercation". I guess its fitting, though, considering who his employer is...

BB30
02-24-2016, 09:28 AM
It still baffles me he wasn't fired after "the international altercation". I guess its fitting, though, considering who his employer is...

Yea, that still blows my mind as well. Any other job anywhere else and he is probably fired.

Johnson85
02-24-2016, 09:37 AM
I understand some of the criticisms on him, but Andy Kennedy really is a good floor coach. His teams always play hard and challenges the opposition with the way they use multiple defenses in a possession. He knows who his best offensive players are and builds the offense around them.

That said, I've watched a lot of the UM Mizzou game tonight and don't see any reason why we can't go up there and win with the way we've been playing. I'm not exactly predicting that to happen, but if Sword can contain Moody we'll have a real shot.

Kennedy is definitely solid. I'm not sure how much of his limitations are his own and how much of his limitations are a result of trying to recruit to a place where basketball is not a priority. He also was handicapped early on at Ole Miss by his team suffering more than their fair share of injuries, which stopped him from building any momentum. Not sure it would have mattered at Ole Miss, but his recruiting might have benefited from some more early success.

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 09:54 AM
I think the Rick Ray era helped keep kennedy around a few extra years. He is a solid, but not great coach.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 09:55 AM
I think the Rick Ray era helped keep kennedy around a few extra years. He is a solid, but not great coach.

He's got a knack for finding good transfers. That ability has helped him keep his job

starkvegasdawg
02-24-2016, 10:11 AM
Kennedy is definitely solid. I'm not sure how much of his limitations are his own and how much of his limitations are a result of trying to recruit to a place where basketball is not a priority. He also was handicapped early on at Ole Miss by his team suffering more than their fair share of injuries, which stopped him from building any momentum. Not sure it would have mattered at Ole Miss, but his recruiting might have benefited from some more early success.

Women's bb is a priority evidently.***

chef dixon
02-24-2016, 10:17 AM
I think we've got a shot. They are excellent at winning close games and have been over the last couple of years. They don't have many opportunities to beat us left so it would be funny to sweep them this season.

DawgInMemphis
02-24-2016, 10:21 AM
A couple of the local sports personalities were talking about how AK would be a good hire for Memphis after Pastner gets lets go at the end of the season.

Jack Lambert
02-24-2016, 10:24 AM

If state gets rocking again Ole Miss will change coaches. We seem to lead the way on everything.

We get to the national championship game in baseball then Ole Miss follows.
We expand our football stadium then ole miss follows
We rebuild our baseball stadium then ole miss follows.

But they have never been number one in any real national poll. Not in Baseball, not in Basketball and not in football. We have been number one in baseball and football and all that money they have spent and the butt ****ing they are fixing to get from the NCAA did not get them to number one either. So suck my dick you fake Jesus following ****s.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
A couple of the local sports personalities were talking about how AK would be a good hire for Memphis after Pastner gets lets go at the end of the season.

That would be hilarious if Memphis takes AK after Florida just hired white

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2016, 11:21 AM

Ole Miss is probabaly the only school in the country where he could have survived that.

Percho
02-24-2016, 01:38 PM

LOIC?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-24-2016, 01:39 PM
They think they have one in a transfer from Miami that's sitting out this season. We'll see- Moody is damn near super human.

I just don't know what Kennedy was thinking with his recruiting class last year. Now they have about six or seven shooting guards on the roster.

He said on SEC Coaches Roundtable before the season started that he isn't concerned with stars he is just concerned about finding players to fit their system and fill a need. Isn't this blasphemy on OM'c campus?

Dak
02-24-2016, 01:44 PM
nm

miketice
02-24-2016, 02:41 PM
I hope stays another 20 years

Joe Schmedlap
02-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Maybe Andy can share a cab with Coinz - discuss that item about knowing who your best players are and building a team around them and such.