PDA

View Full Version : Braves -- spring training

msstate7
02-23-2016, 07:33 PM
What are you most interested in leading up to the season?

Olivera's transition to LF and his new swing is what I'm keeping my eye on

BrunswickDawg
02-23-2016, 07:44 PM
Who wins 3B and the SP staff.

War Machine Dawg
02-23-2016, 07:58 PM
All of the above. Can Frenchy make the team? I'd rather keep him than Bourn.

SP is the biggest, though. Losing Miller was a disaster, even if we did get Swanson in return. I'm hoping we have the foresight to go all in with the youth movement on the mound. No aging vets that are has beens or never weres, like Bud Norris.

BoomBoom
02-23-2016, 08:09 PM

SP is the biggest, though. Losing Miller was a disaster, even if we did get Swanson in return. I'm hoping we have the foresight to go all in with the youth movement on the mound. No aging vets that are has beens or never weres, like Bud Norris.

The biggest trade rape ive ever seen, and you call it a disaster. Sheesh

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:11 PM

It'll be interesting to see if Blair can crack our rotation at some point this year and pitch well. If he does, that'll take a lot of the sting out of losing miller.

BoomBoom
02-23-2016, 08:11 PM

The prospects.

BoomBoom
02-23-2016, 08:12 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Blair can crack our rotation at some point this year and pitch well. If he does, that'll take a lot of the sting out of losing miller.

He will. By next year he may be better than Miller. Trade. Rape.

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Dexter fowler just signed with Orioles. Now it's time to watch inciarte to the Cubs potentially

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:14 PM
He will. By next year he may be better than Miller. Trade. Rape.

I agree about the trade esp if Blair pans out

Tupelodawg88
02-23-2016, 08:18 PM
I say we tank. Lol

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:19 PM
I say we tank. Lol

That's a given...

War Machine Dawg
02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
The biggest trade rape ive ever seen, and you call it a disaster. Sheesh

Clarification: Disaster for the 2016 rotation. Miller was easily our best pitcher statistically last season and looked like an ace. We win in the long run, but short term it's going to be ugly.

parabrave
02-23-2016, 08:26 PM

Hey I'm just doing cartwheels like crazy about that great DP machine, high inside strike out sucker nohustle Francour being resigned. I just can't wait to spend my money to go watch the remake of the 1989 Braves. Heck I wished they resigned Julio.

War Machine Dawg
02-23-2016, 08:28 PM
Hey I'm just doing cartwheels like crazy about that great DP machine, high inside strike out sucker nohustle Francour being resigned. I just can't wait to spend my money to go watch the remake of the 1989 Braves. Heck I wished they resigned Julio.

Dude, it's a damn minor league deal. Pretty good chance he won't even make the team. And in case you hadn't noticed, he's better than Bourn at this point of their careers. It's a no risk, high reward move. He could be a really solid bench player.

Political Hack
02-23-2016, 08:29 PM
I hope they keep all the really good guys at Gwinnett for a while so I can see some good baseball for cheap because I'm not wasting money on Braves tickets this season.

smootness
02-23-2016, 08:31 PM
Clarification: Disaster for the 2016 rotation. Miller was easily our best pitcher statistically last season and looked like an ace. We win in the long run, but short term it's going to be ugly.

It was always going to be ugly. I have no qualms about losing Miller. In fact, I'm pumped about it because we got way better long-term.

My interests in spring training are as follows:
1. Olivera
2. The young kids
3. That's it.

Once the season starts, I'm interested in Wisler, Olivera, and Inciarte, along with whether or not Teheran can bounce back. After that, it's all about the prospect watching.

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:31 PM
I hope they keep all the really good guys at Gwinnett for a while so I can see some good baseball for cheap because I'm not wasting money on Braves tickets this season.

I'm ready to see that Mississippi roster too haha

msstate7
02-23-2016, 08:33 PM
It was always going to be ugly. I have no qualms about losing Miller. In fact, I'm pumped about it because we got way better long-term.

My interests in spring training are as follows:
1. Olivera
2. The young kids
3. That's it.

Once the season starts, I'm interested in Wisler, Olivera, and Inciarte, along with whether or not Teheran can bounce back. After that, it's all about the prospect watching.

I'm with you on all that. I am interested in if Garcia can continue hitting for power at the mlb level

parabrave
02-23-2016, 09:35 PM
Dude, it's a damn minor league deal. Pretty good chance he won't even make the team. And in case you hadn't noticed, he's better than Bourn at this point of their careers. It's a no risk, high reward move. He could be a really solid bench player.

He's gonna make it. They need to sell tickets. Francour is still idolized in the ATL. And you know it's gonna be bad when people are hoping he makes the team because he is better than what they got out there.

War Machine Dawg
02-24-2016, 01:01 AM
I'm with you on all that. I am interested in if Garcia can continue hitting for power at the mlb level

I'm with one of my buddies: I think we'll see a KJ/Adonis platoon at 3B.