PDA

View Full Version : Why is Matt Wyatt allowed to do anything related to MSU?

Thick
02-23-2016, 05:18 PM
The guy is an absolute joke!! He will blast MSU over coaches leaving, but he turns into a passive bald headed pusscake when it comes to anything OM. Hell at least Cross has a pair when it comes to defending his school. Matt just sits there and takes it, but will throw his alma mater under the bus in a blink of an eye. Really do we not have anyone else that can call ball games instead of Wyatt. We should be ashamed if we can't do better then this guy. Hell, his wife is a Bear too, and probably has his nuts in her purse.

drummerdawg
02-23-2016, 05:21 PM
I don't mind him calling games, but yea I cant stand listening to him on H2H.

Op4isabitch
02-23-2016, 05:24 PM
I use to like him, fast getting sick of his ass though. I wish he'd just leave and find another gig. Don't like him being associated in anyway now.

He has a platform where he can do good for MSU but instead he just acts like Richards little bitch.

Csdog
02-23-2016, 05:27 PM
I use to like him, fast getting sick of his ass though. I wish he'd just leave and find another gig. Don't like him being associated in anyway now.

He has a platform where he can do good for MSU but instead he just acts like Richards little bitch.

He embarasses me as a State fan.he is not very bright

Coach34
02-23-2016, 05:28 PM
He married an OM ******. Only thing I can think of that has him in such check on all things OM related

Csdog

He embarrasses me as a State fan

fader2103
I agree I won't listen to H2H. I think it should be a show where you have two average guys that love their school. Who don't know each other talk about this issues. Change them up ever few months. Say have Coach34 v. Xenareb.

BeardoMSU
02-23-2016, 05:29 PM
He embarasses me as a State fan.he is not very bright

and that is most definitely by design for the purposes of H2H, unfortunately.

t45fixer
02-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Can't listen to them or just him. I feel your pain.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Liked him as a QB for us, not so much as a spokesman. He could do so much good for us, but refuses to defend us or stand up for us. It is embarrassing. Can't listen to his show. We really need to find someone else.

MadDawg
02-23-2016, 05:38 PM
LOL

Is there any shows/hosts you guys DO like?

BulldogBear
02-23-2016, 05:43 PM

Because he is. See below.

He married an OM ******. Only thing I can think of that has him in such check on all things OM related

and that is most definitely by design for the purposes of H2H, unfortunately.

Part of it is also because Dicky Cross is his boss. It's really RC's show and always has been. They didn't combine their shows. Matt shut his down and joined Richard's.

I agree I won't listen to H2H. I think it should be a show where you have two average guys that love their school. Who don't know each other talk about this issues. Change them up ever few months. Say have Coach34 v. Xenareb.

The show concept was a good one, but over time I've gotten into this mindset as well.

Csdog
02-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Yes,I would say Bo Bounds is way sharper. Wiener is way smarter,but is learning.

msstate7
02-23-2016, 05:47 PM
I've pretty much given up on local sports' radio. I just don't find it that informative... I can find out more by reading a few different message boards in a fraction of the time with no avalanche of commercials

CadaverDawg
02-23-2016, 05:48 PM
Liked him as a QB for us, not so much as a spokesman. He could do so much good for us, but refuses to defend us or stand up for us. It is embarrassing. Can't listen to his show. We really need to find someone else.

I agree with all of this^.

Matt is the typical MSU radio guy.....he's a nice guy, he's humble, and he wants to be unbiased....so much so, he goes to the opposite extreme and constantly belittles MSU and praises Ole Miss. It's like MSU just can't produce a radio guy that can be even the slightest State "homer". We're not asking for the MSU version of Dick Cross, but a guy that stands up for MSU and uses his platform to at least TRY to set the record straight or elevate State a little.

State fans are just too damn nice and humble and non-controversial. Therefore, all MSU hosts end up playing second fiddle to dipshits like Cross that are arrogant, self absorbed, Ole Miss douchebag homers.

Ha

msstate7
02-23-2016, 05:51 PM
Plug rose bowl in for Matt. It'd be a much more interesting show while the investigation is going on anyway

CadaverDawg
02-23-2016, 05:53 PM
Yes,I would say Bo Bounds is way sharper. Wiener is way smarter,but is learning.

So Weiner is growing on you?*

Ha, I agree actually. I didn't like Weiner at first, and he still has a ways to go, but he's getting better and better. He seems like a good dude too. I think he was just trying too hard to draw in listeners and callers early on, but now he has figured out that if he just tells his thoughts and opinions and doesn't just try to stir shit up, it can be even more effective at gaining listeners & callers.

MSUDawg99
02-23-2016, 05:58 PM

You forgot Dick Cross. He's married to two UM ******.

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 05:58 PM
The guy is an absolute joke!! He will blast MSU over coaches leaving, but he turns into a passive bald headed pusscake when it comes to anything OM. Hell at least Cross has a pair when it comes to defending his school. Matt just sits there and takes it, but will throw his alma mater under the bus in a blink of an eye. Really do we not have anyone else that can call ball games instead of Wyatt. We should be ashamed if we can't do better then this guy. Hell, his wife is a Bear too, and probably has his nuts in her purse.

The sooner everyone else joins me in turning it off, the sooner we can get another show in it's place (that we will probably also despise). I do listen to Weiner some and for the most part it is not too bad. He does have his moments, though.

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 05:59 PM
Plug rose bowl in for Matt. It'd be a much more interesting show while the investigation is going on anyway

This I would would tune in for. Can't miss radio.

Dawg496
02-23-2016, 06:15 PM
**** Matt Wyatt

Boodawg
"Nuts in her purse" ha I lol'd

BulldogBacker

Coach34, my friend, are you saying Matt is p*ssy whipped? ;-)

BossDawg
02-23-2016, 06:23 PM
Did he say something in particular in tonight's broadcast? Just curious as to what was said, if anything. I hardly ever listen to H2H anymore, and I agree that Wyatt seems to be walking on eggshells on there.

Thick
02-23-2016, 06:27 PM
I've pretty much given up on local sports' radio. I just don't find it that informative... I can find out more by reading a few different message boards in a fraction of the time with no avalanche of commercials

This☝️☝☝☝☝

was21
02-23-2016, 06:34 PM
I think he's between a rock and a hard place....being an MSU alum and married to a OM woman and working for an OM diehard. Wonder if he just can't get another job. He is not a good rep for State. I quit listening to that show mainly because of his subservient role. When Ellis retires, hope he is not considered for play by play or color man..just fade away.

Jack Lambert
02-23-2016, 06:36 PM
I listen to that other sports show I think it is called Home Cooking and I wanted to puke. You would think that Tuner leavin was the biggst sports news of the year. I am done with them all.

I wonder how they all are going to act if the NCAA news about Ole Miss is really bad? Those Mother ****ers can kiss may ass.

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-23-2016, 06:49 PM
And dubmass me thought all along the format to "Head to Head" was supposed to be two guys representing their respective schools going "Head to Head" on sports issues. I'm such a dubmass.

BossDawg
02-23-2016, 06:50 PM
I think he's between a rock and a hard place....being an MSU alum and married to a OM woman and working for an OM diehard. Wonder if he just can't get another job. He is not a good rep for State. I quit listening to that show mainly because of his subservient role. When Ellis retires, hope he is not considered for play by play or color man..just fade away.

I think he does a great job providing analysis, strategy and whatnot during games. I just wish he would talk UP state a little more during his other radio broadcasts.

mic
02-23-2016, 06:53 PM
The funny thing is NO ONE wants any of the coaches from UMiss... They know what they are about ..
Hell for that matter no one wants CHF either... That UF shit was blown up for a pay raise which he got ..

Every other SEC school is hiring away coaches Except for UMiss... That is a bigger story to me than Turner leaving...
And btw Turner can easily be replaced by a better X and O guy... And it's not like he was a dominate recruiter .. Example is the Derrick Brown... No way that guy should have ended up at Aub if turner was on him hard...

And for the record ... **** Wyatt..

dawgwood
02-23-2016, 06:59 PM
I work a lot and have to listen at a lot of games on the radio. Wyatt sucks, and he,s the jinx. Every time he speaks something bad happens.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 07:12 PM
I agree with all of this^.

Matt is the typical MSU radio guy.....he's a nice guy, he's humble, and he wants to be unbiased....so much so, he goes to the opposite extreme and constantly belittles MSU and praises Ole Miss. It's like MSU just can't produce a radio guy that can be even the slightest State "homer". We're not asking for the MSU version of Dick Cross, but a guy that stands up for MSU and uses his platform to at least TRY to set the record straight or elevate State a little.

State fans are just too damn nice and humble and non-controversial. Therefore, all MSU hosts end up playing second fiddle to dipshits like Cross that are arrogant, self absorbed, Ole Miss douchebag homers.

Ha

Love it, Cadaver. Extremely eloquent! I think Matts a nice guy, too, just too nice. Hell lets get Jackie to be the voice of the Bulldogs!

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 07:16 PM

This all day!!!

bulldawg28
02-23-2016, 07:19 PM
Matt is still upset he had to share snaps at Qb.

Political Hack
02-23-2016, 07:20 PM

And that's why this place gets so much traffic. Radio is useful, but we've filled the airways with crap now. You can get whatever you want through the Internet now. It takes me 2 minutes a few times a day to keep up with 99% of MSU related news and tumors right here. And listening to a show for an hour won't even get you the rumors.

beretta
02-23-2016, 07:21 PM
Coach34, my friend, are you saying Matt is p*ssy whipped? ;-)

I also married an OM *****.....and live up in north MS....I can feel his pain, but the irony to this thread is that yesterday i heard him talk about swayze field being the best field in the country 'when its packed'.....and then caught himself (i think) comparing it to be better than any other place in the country......then paused....and said 'compared to the likes of Alex Box'.....that i can agree with....Dudy Noble? no....not a chance.....and i think he caught himself at the end...

no matt, swayze is no where even close to dudy noble.....and when we finish the expansion.....we will leave them even further behind

NOTE FOR REBS: Noticed the twitterers that you guys were giving bama fan's hell about the 'beer showers' and how unoriginal the idea was (like they stole it from you).....let me note that beer showers at a baseball game is as old as the game itself....the fact that you get a boner over it and claim it as your original idea reinforces your reputation outside of your own fanbase. Hell you may as well thank MSU football fans for that.

TUSK
02-23-2016, 07:27 PM
I listen to the show a bit during FB season and I've noticed the same thing...

Hell, Matt is MUCH tougher on Bammer than OM... I find it amusing when he and Richard gang up on Tha Tahd....

Schultzy
02-23-2016, 07:28 PM
It's so easy to get Finebaum on thezone1051.com on your I-phone, just tap listen live...you won't even consider h2h.

My ESPN radio station is fuzzy but this was an easy fix for your drive home I highly recommend.

BorneDawg
02-23-2016, 07:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing! Him praising Swazey field..

JoseBrown
02-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Speaking of, where is Shane Power now? I hoped he would stick around, thought he did a good job on the radio and tv calling some of our games.

gtowndawg
02-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Bring Jack back!

Dawgcentral
02-23-2016, 07:45 PM
Wyatt needs to learn a few things if he wants to remain married into the OM family. You can't intermingle with those people without standing your ground. If they want a peaceful Thanksgiving dinner without controversy they better stay away from subjects that piss off MSU fans. I for one, won't sit silently when the Brethren start spouting the OM party line.

I wouldn't give a flying damn if we canned his ass tomorrow. Don't we still have a broadcasting and communications school? I want representation who's not scared of sleeping on the couch. Dude needs to quit shi**ing where he eats.

Thick
02-23-2016, 08:12 PM
And why is a former State QB doing the SEC broadcasts for baseball. Hell, Jeff Brantley's in my SS class. He could do a few games before he leaves for Spring ball in Arizona with the Reds. As many former baseball players we could reach out to, and we come up with Wyatt??

BB30
02-23-2016, 08:12 PM
Just wondering as I don't listen to him but what is the difference in him blasting us due to a coaching change and people on here blasting us for the same thing? Both are publically accessed, im sure he has more listeners but a lot of non Msu people still read the board. We talk all the time about media not spinning anything Msu related but we as fans do just as much blasting as the media does. Not being a smart *** just curious. I know he is a paid spokesperson and im not justifying his actions just think it is funny people complain about him being an Msu fan when we myself included in that do the exact same thing.

Thick
02-23-2016, 08:16 PM
Just wondering as I don't listen to him but what is the difference in him blasting us due to a coaching change and people on here blasting us for the same thing? Both are publically accessed, im sure he has more listeners but a lot of non Msu people still read the board. We talk all the time about media not spinning anything Msu related but we as fans do just as much blasting as the media does. Not being a smart *** just curious. I know he is a paid spokesperson and im not justifying his actions just think it is funny people complain about him being an Msu fan when we myself included in that do the exact same thing.

I'll tell you why, because he's a ***** when it's time to blast other schools! By God, he will criticize the hell out of our programs without hesitation. He's scared of the "Dick in the box" on H2H. No respect for a coward!

BB30
02-23-2016, 08:18 PM
Like I said I don't listen so was just curious.

CadaverDawg
02-23-2016, 08:20 PM
Speaking of, where is Shane Power now? I hoped he would stick around, thought he did a good job on the radio and tv calling some of our games.

Shane is still following MSU religiously, give him a follow on Twitter....you can tell he still loves all things MSU. I'm not sure what he's doing now, but it probably pays a lot more than a radio gig doing play by play for MSU, ha...although I'd love it if he were to be the guy one day taking over play by play or color.

BossDawg
02-23-2016, 08:38 PM
I also married an OM *****.....and live up in north MS....I can feel his pain, but the irony to this thread is that yesterday i heard him talk about swayze field being the best field in the country 'when its packed'.....and then caught himself (i think) comparing it to be better than any other place in the country.

Did he really say that? Good Lord. What an ass kisser....I'm not sure what his motivation is but that is nothing but ass kissing drool. There's not a person in the world that would trade UM's baseball venue over States, especially if State is actually playing good baseball and most certainly if we're talking about a packed house. I guess it's arguable now simply because we're struggling some, but make no mistake, Dudy Noble, Polk-DeMent is a sleeping giant.

Political Hack
02-23-2016, 08:40 PM
I also married an OM *****.....and live up in north MS....I can feel his pain, but the irony to this thread is that yesterday i heard him talk about swayze field being the best field in the country 'when its packed'.....and then caught himself (i think) comparing it to be better than any other place in the country......then paused....and said 'compared to the likes of Alex Box'.....that i can agree with....Dudy Noble? no....not a chance.....and i think he caught himself at the end...

no matt, swayze is no where even close to dudy noble.....and when we finish the expansion.....we will leave them even further behind

NOTE FOR REBS: Noticed the twitterers that you guys were giving bama fan's hell about the 'beer showers' and how unoriginal the idea was (like they stole it from you).....let me note that beer showers at a baseball game is as old as the game itself....the fact that you get a boner over it and claim it as your original idea reinforces your reputation outside of your own fanbase. Hell you may as well thank MSU football fans for that.

Chicago Cubs have been beer showering themselves in the bleachers for decades.

Csdog
02-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Shane is still following MSU religiously, give him a follow on Twitter....you can tell he still loves all things MSU. I'm not sure what he's doing now, but it probably pays a lot more than a radio gig doing play by play for MSU, ha...although I'd love it if he were to be the guy one day taking over play by play or color.

Me too

Jack Lambert
02-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Matt is still upset he had to share snaps at Qb.

And he married a Ole Miss grad and I think she was their home comming queen. Not sure about that but I swore I have heard Matt say that several times. If true it might all be about getting some ***** at night when he goes home.

fccee1
02-23-2016, 10:52 PM
He is a dick with ears.
That is all.

HoopsDawg
02-23-2016, 11:21 PM
Damn. What a thread. Matt seems like a good guy and a good bulldog. But he doesn't bash OM at every turn so you take personal shots at the guy and openly hope he gets fired?

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 11:44 PM
Damn. What a thread. Matt seems like a good guy and a good bulldog. But he doesn't bash OM at every turn so you take personal shots at the guy and openly hope he gets fired?
He doesn't have to bash OMU but he could defend his almater and not slobber on the Rebals at the drop of a hat. It really is not too much to ask.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2016, 12:02 AM
He doesn't have to bash OMU but he could defend his almater and not slobber on the Rebals at the drop of a hat. It really is not too much to ask.

So he calls it like he sees it and is able to have a reasonable take on OM? What a douche.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 12:41 AM
So he calls it like he sees it and is able to have a reasonable take on OM? What a douche.

Wasn't Matt spewing the om talking points on the NCAA investigation like this all on nutt and there's nothing to this? I don't listen to the show, but seems I remember people here saying this was what Matt was saying. May not seem like much, but that rubs me wrong. Why not just say I'm not gonna speculate until the NOA comes out rather than just be a rebel mouthpiece who happens to draw a check and holds a degree from miss state?

CadaverDawg
02-24-2016, 12:48 AM

You clearly don't ever listen to him, so why are you commenting? He does the thing where he kisses Ole Miss's ass on every topic and always leans "best case scenario" for them...and it's always "worst case scenario" for MSU. Why are you defending him? Do you think 1000 people that listen to it are just deciding to make shit up? PM's went out early today that said, "Hey guys, let's start a Bash Wyatt thread...that'll be awesome...who's in?"

Trust me, we all wish he wouldn't be Cross's bitch...he just Is.

War Machine Dawg
02-24-2016, 01:10 AM
And he married a Ole Miss grad and I think she was their home comming queen. Not sure about that but I swore I have heard Matt say that several times. If true it might all be about getting some ***** at night when he goes home.

Indeed she was a HC Queen. She won't even ride in his truck because it has an MSU tag on it. It's pretty damn obvious why he slobbers on all things Bear and won't defend State.

BeardoMSU
02-24-2016, 01:15 AM
It's pretty damn obvious why he slobbers on all things Bear and won't defend State.

Yup, this is really a very simple concept. I'm sure many dudes on this board (myself included) would commit far greater crimes than Matt when threatened with "no poon for you".

That being said, he still rambles too much and definitely comes across as a goob. I'm sure he's a nice guy though.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2016, 01:22 AM
Matt will not take a stand or defend State. That's the problem I have with him. He never takes a stand for us but he will stand up for unm.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-24-2016, 02:12 AM

I like this idea....that would be a show worth listening to

Jack Lambert
02-24-2016, 09:07 AM
one thing we need to remember is that radio network gets a lot of money from the state for public service announcements. If the committee that awards the money is chaired by a Ole Miss Lawyer they might be being force to be non ole miss negative.

Political Hack
02-24-2016, 10:04 AM
They should ha he the name of the show to "One-Sided-Ass-Kicking" because it's clearly not head to head.

mic
02-24-2016, 10:08 AM
They should ha he the name of the show to "One-Sided-Ass-Kicking" because it's clearly not head to head.

Touch

MadDawg
02-24-2016, 11:51 AM

It's kind of ridiculous.

Thick
02-24-2016, 12:08 PM
Good Bulldogs always do what their rival tells them to do. Good Bulldogs always rollover in a submissive act when getting attacked. He's a good Bulldog that has been neutered!!

BHildreth3
02-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Also why in the hell is he the baseball analyst for SEC network games? Can we not find a former baseball star to do that?

CottonDog
02-24-2016, 12:27 PM
So Cross we don't like Cross because he's a ridiculous biased OM homer. And we don't like Matt because he tries to be unbiased (and successeds so much that he's too unbiased)? This is confusing.

MSUDawg99
02-24-2016, 12:48 PM
So Cross we don't like Cross because he's a ridiculous biased OM homer. And we don't like Matt because he tries to be unbiased (and successeds so much that he's too unbiased)? This is confusing.

If you ever listened to the show you'd get it. I tuned in once & that's all it took.

Coach34
02-24-2016, 12:59 PM

who said Wyatt had to be "unbiased"??? How about simply calling OM out on alot of their BS? Thats not being unbiased- thats being normal

MadDawg
02-24-2016, 01:36 PM
who said Wyatt had to be "unbiased"??? How about simply calling OM out on alot of their BS? Thats not being unbiased- thats being normal

Unfortunately, you just can't use message board logic on the radio.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Unfortunately, you just can't use message board logic on the radio.

Cross does

Saltydog
02-24-2016, 01:42 PM
denying that Cross will defend UM to no end and gets fired up when someone disses his beloved. Matt on the other hand is ho hum and doesn't want to rock the boat. I've even heard him talk about this perception on occasion so it's not like he doesn't know that many MSU fans feel this way. Bet you've never heard any UM fans say the same thing about Cross. I get that he's married to a former UM h/c queen but good God w/o MSU Wyatt wouldn't be where he is now. He seems to have forgotten that.

Dawgtini
02-24-2016, 01:59 PM
Cross does

Exactly. Even speaks in ALL CAPS when he is fired up.

CottonDog
02-24-2016, 04:04 PM

I don't know? I certainly did not. And I did not say anyone said he did. I was saying that he apparently tries to be. I was just trying to point out that Matt gets bashed quite a bit for being exactly what we want Cross to be.

CadaverDawg
02-24-2016, 05:54 PM
I don't know? I certainly did not. And I did not say anyone said he did. I was saying that he apparently tries to be. I was just trying to point out that Matt gets bashed quite a bit for being exactly what we want Cross to be.

That's not why. Read the thread again. Nobody wants Wyatt to be a biased dick, we just want him to quit being a submissive puss that tries not to ever make Ole Miss fans mad when he is supposed to be the MSU part of the "Head to Head".

Or rename the show "Dick and Jane" and let it be the Clarion Ledger Sports Section book on tape.

msstate7
02-24-2016, 05:56 PM
That's not why. Read the thread again. Nobody wants Wyatt to be a biased dick, we just want him to quit being a submissive puss that tries not to ever make Ole Miss fans mad when he is supposed to be the MSU part of the "Head to Head".

Or rename the show "Dick and Jane" and let it be the Clarion Ledger Sports Section book on tape.

Nice

gravedigger
02-24-2016, 06:14 PM

He's really just mind numbingly boring, interrupts whatshisname every chance he gets with the boring stuff and if you are in the car for 30 minutes listening, you MIGHT get 3 minutes on MSU-OM related info.

Bear in mind that he's been in the huddle during very exciting games, the locker room, the whole recruiting process.....but what do we get to hear about? What he likes to eat, how some dude interrupted his chance to eat, and how to pronounce Mississippi from someone who comes from a state that refers to themselves as bama. One day he spent 15 minutes on the price of dope.

I don't care if he cheers for state or not. I don't care if he is just a dumb jock. I just would like them to live up to their name and be interesting for more than 3 out of 30 minutes.

HoopsDawg
02-24-2016, 07:45 PM
He's really just mind numbingly boring, interrupts whatshisname every chance he gets with the boring stuff and if you are in the car for 30 minutes listening, you MIGHT get 3 minutes on MSU-OM related info.

Bear in mind that he's been in the huddle during very exciting games, the locker room, the whole recruiting process.....but what do we get to hear about? What he likes to eat, how some dude interrupted his chance to eat, and how to pronounce Mississippi from someone who comes from a state that refers to themselves as bama. One day he spent 15 minutes on the price of dope.

I don't care if he cheers for state or not. I don't care if he is just a dumb jock. I just would like them to live up to their name and be interesting for more than 3 out of 30 minutes.

That's fair.