PDA

View Full Version : Can we use some logic for a second?

Dawgfan61
02-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Lets look at the Turner departure from his perspective for a second.

He was not going to be a D.C. anytime soon, as evidenced by the Sirmon hire. He had a chance to go learn defense from probably the best DC around, Chavis. Given that he probably has aspirations to move up he figures that getting some experience under Chavis would help him add to his resume in the hopes of bolstering it for a move up to DC and eventually head coach.

Given that, what was Mullen supposed to do? Should he have made Turner a DC and hired a LB coach instead of Sirmon as DC?

Who knows? But the fact is yes its a lateral move to aTm but he has a chance to bolster his resume for a move up in the future and truthfully there was nothing Mullen could have done that would have been "smart" to keep Turner.

Count Istvan Teleky
02-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Here's Turner's resume. His longest stint anywhere is 4 years and the average is 2 years.

Coaching Experience

2013-present: Mississippi State (Defensive Line) ? 3 years
2010-12: Kentucky (Defensive Line) ? 3 years
2007-09: Mississippi State (Defensive Line) ? 3 years
2006: Alabama (Defensive Ends) ? 1
2002-05: Vanderbilt (Defensive Line / Recruiting Coordinator) ? 4 years
2001: Minnesota (Defensive Ends) 1
1997-2000: Virginia (Defensive Tackles / Linebackers) ? 4 years
1995-96: North Carolina State (Defensive Tackles / Linebackers) ? 2 years
1993-94: Kentucky (Defensive Ends) ? 2 years
1991-92: James Madison (Assistant Coach) ? 2 years
1990: Indiana University of Pennsylvania 1 year
1988-89: North Carolina State (Graduate Assistant)
1987: Davidson (Outside Linebackers)
1986: Davidson (Running Backs / Tight Ends

Still, the timing sucks and I don't like what this says about Mullen running through defensive assistants. While this represents 100% turnover on defensive staff, the offense is in tact.

smootness
02-23-2016, 12:17 PM
I just think it's funny that Turner returned after working under Mullen in 09, then stayed for 3 years...but now that he's leaving for another job, it clearly shows Mullen is a d-bag who runs coaches off.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Everyone is always talking about how the bears spin everything positive and then we complain because we don't, but our fanbase won't even do it. If the bears were losing their coaches it would be "Hey look at us, we are so good everybody wants our coaches!", but we say "Our Head Coach sucks and he runs off all our coaches". We can never expect anyone else to spin things positive for us when we as a fanbase don't even do it. It amazes me, I've been in Sales and Marketing for 30 years and you have to spin everything to your advantage, even if its negative there's always a positive way to say it. Not us though. SMH.

Jack Lambert
02-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I just think it's funny that Turner returned after working under Mullen in 09, then stayed for 3 years...but now that he's leaving for another job, it clearly shows Mullen is a d-bag who runs coaches off.

Bull shit if he was that big of a D bag he would not have come back.

All these schools are coming after these guys. There are 1000's of coaches they could get but they are coming after Miss State coaches. Maybe it's because they are taking 2 and 3 star guys and turning them into NFL starters.

msstate7
02-23-2016, 02:35 PM

All these schools are coming after these guys. There are 1000's of coaches they could get but they are coming after Miss State coaches. Maybe it's because they are taking 2 and 3 star guys and turning them into NFL starters.

I think you missed smoot's invisible *

smootness
02-23-2016, 02:40 PM

Please tell me you don't think my post was an actual criticism of Mullen.

Jack Lambert
02-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Please tell me you don't think my post was an actual criticism of Mullen.

Usually there are * in it. You are not negative. I just did not think. It's just this board has gone so far negative and there is so few positive post I get snow blind.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 02:56 PM
Jack's right, there is so few positive things mentioned on the board right now, it's hard to see. Contrary to popular belief the world is not ending and our football program will continue to win and prove the media wrong(and some of our own fans).

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 03:05 PM
Maybe it's because they are taking 2 and 3 star guys and turning them into NFL starters.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 03:07 PM
Jack's right, there is so few positive things mentioned on the board right now, it's hard to see. Contrary to popular belief the world is not ending and our football program will continue to win and prove the media wrong(and some of our own fans).

Preach it brother!

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 03:14 PM
I always try to look for what goes to the right of the equal sign. There are some things being said about Mullen that just don't add up with what I see. I keep hearing Mullen is a lazy recruiter, yet he finds talent under rocks that other Coaches seem to miss, that to me says just the opposite. That to me would be the sign of somebody that's working his butt off to find talent. We keep hearing Mullen is a Yankee a**hole and that so many people can't stand him, yet all his players and former players appear to love him. Just watch the way they interact with him. You don't see players interact with Freeze or even Saban the way they act with Mullen. Just watch the end of the Arkansas game and the locker room afterwards(and thats just one example). There's some things being said about Mullen that just aren't adding up to what I see.

EAVdog
02-23-2016, 03:15 PM
He got passed over for DC twice by Mullen. It should be obvious he was never going to be a DC under Mullen. He probably has aspirations to be a DC, so moving on is in his best interest. Stinks for us but it's the risk you take if you don't promote from within.

BrunswickDawg
02-23-2016, 03:31 PM
He got passed over for DC twice by Mullen. It should be obvious he was never going to be a DC under Mullen. He probably has aspirations to be a DC, so moving on is in his best interest. Stinks for us but it's the risk you take if you don't promote from within.
He has been a DL coach for 20 years and hasn't seemed to sniff DC anywhere. May be why he changes jobs every 3 years?

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 03:54 PM
I always try to look for what goes to the right of the equal sign. There are some things being said about Mullen that just don't add up with what I see. I keep hearing Mullen is a lazy recruiter, yet he finds talent under rocks that other Coaches seem to miss, that to me says just the opposite. That to me would be the sign of somebody that's working his butt off to find talent. We keep hearing Mullen is a Yankee a**hole and that so many people can't stand him, yet all his players and former players appear to love him. Just watch the way they interact with him. You don't see players interact with Freeze or even Saban the way they act with Mullen. Just watch the end of the Arkansas game and the locker room afterwards(and thats just one example). There's some things being said about Mullen that just aren't adding up to what I see.

Very well said and sums up my opinion so much better than I have been able to express it. The bottom line is a lot of what is said/written about Mullen just doesn't add up with what I see regarding him, the program, the staff, and the players.

BossDawg
02-23-2016, 04:11 PM
The bottom line here is, as pointed out elsewhere, Turner is just more of a nomad than a coach. Yeah, the timing sucks but I don't think it has anything to do with Mullen or the program in the grand scheme of things. He'll stay at TAMU for 2 years or so then move on elsewhere. I'm looking at this as a positive, in that this is a chance to get some more new blood into the program.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Very well said and sums up my opinion so much better than I have been able to express it. The bottom line is a lot of what is said/written about Mullen just doesn't add up with what I see regarding him, the program, the staff, and the players.

Yeah I tend to think for myself and form my own opinions off what I know to be fact and what I hear and observe. I'm afraid we have a lot of folks that are starting to believe what the media are saying instead of thinking for themselves. I'm not buying a lot of what is being sold. I by no means think Mullen is perfect but I do think he tries to address his weaknesses and I do believe he is getting better. Just look at the recent hires. Coaches that have had success recruiting nationally and coaches and staff that have tremendous ties within our state. I think he's putting together the best staff we have seen yet. I do think the OL issues need to be addressed, but overall i think he's growing and learning and doing a dang good job.

Percho
02-23-2016, 04:32 PM
There are a lot more sheep, than shepherd's.

And really all you need is a good sheep dog.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 04:35 PM
There are a lot more sheep, than shepherd's.

And really all you need is a good sheep dog.

Yep, nailed it.

RougeDawg
02-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Here's some logic for everyone. How many of you on this board would want to stick around a company with an arrogant boss who obviously plays favorites to others who are undeniably underperforming? You see it year in and year out, yet nothing changes. Something opens up, be it a lateral move, and you take it because you are sick and tired of seeing someone get rewarded for performing less than you have and you are getting passed over for promotions.

Some of you need to take the maroon glasses off and look at these situations as real world job environments. If any damn one of you enjoy or would enjoy the boss playing favorites to under performers, then you are and always be just a passive sheep who will get walked on throughout life.

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Here's some logic for everyone. How many of you on this board would want to stick around a company with an arrogant boss who obviously plays favorites to others who are undeniably underperforming? You see it year in and year out, yet nothing changes. Something opens up, be it a lateral move, and you take it because you are sick and tired of seeing someone get rewarded for performing less than you have and you are getting passed over for promotions.

Some of you need to take the maroon glasses off and look at these situations as real world job environments. If any damn one of you enjoy or would enjoy the boss playing favorites to under performers, then you are and always be just a passive sheep who will get walked on throughout life.

Big assumption by you that this is what is happening. Also, explain to me why multiple people would RETURN to this job environment and stay multiple years if they left it (took anything to get away from it) because they couldn't take seeing that behavior "year in and year out". I think you need to try on some maroon glasses once and a while.

Look, I understand that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. What is sad is that some here take the words of an internet poster and run with the dialog that "he sucks" "everyone hates him" "he's a dang yankee" etc. This is big boy football and you can bet that the coaches we hire and promote know it and know what is at stake for them here and for their futures in the profession. Believe it or not, Mullen is very well respected in coaching circles throughout the nation.

DancingRabbit
02-23-2016, 05:46 PM
Big assumption by you that this is what is happening. Also, explain to me why multiple people would RETURN to this job environment and stay multiple years if they left it (took anything to get away from it) because they couldn't take seeing that behavior "year in and year out". I think you need to try on some maroon glasses once and a while.

Look, I understand that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. What is sad is that some here take the words of an internet poster and run with the dialog that "he sucks" "everyone hates him" "he's a dang yankee" etc. This is big boy football and you can bet that the coaches we hire and promote know it and know what is at stake for them here and for their futures in the profession. Believe it or not, Mullen is very well respected in coaching circles throughout the nation.

Last month Dan was elected to the Board of Trustees of the American Football Coaches Association.

gravedigger
02-23-2016, 05:50 PM

Your accusation of playing favorites is based on what? What we all think he should do? Its evident he can be abrasive and he isnt one to be seen in starkville except for the schools business, but that isnt evidence. Hevesy being distant isnt evidence either. Gonzales and Knox are very congenial.

You just seem to have come to a great deal of conclusions based on message board hysterics.

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2016, 05:51 PM

EXACTLY

Liverpooldawg
02-23-2016, 05:53 PM
It's no coincidence this crap is heating up again right now.

MabenMaroon
02-23-2016, 06:23 PM
It's no coincidence this crap is heating up again right now.

The board is getting warmed up for baseball season**

Goldendawg
02-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Jackie took us to Atlanta once and had the lead for our 2nd potential SEC title midway thru the 4th quarter. Later the wheels fell off and we all know outsiders helped with the fall. Dan had us #1 in the nation for five weeks. It felt very surreal for me while it was happening, but our family made potential plans to the national championship playoffs. Yeah, it's been tough the way we have closed against Alabama and UM the last two years. I'm excited about the new hires on D, but if we don't improve the OL situation this coming year (and the running game), it will be time for a big shakeup ASAP. We don't need another Croom/McCorvey situation and it looks pretty close at times.

Percho
02-23-2016, 06:49 PM
The board is getting warmed up for baseball season**

Good thing they did not get in today's game. About one more loss is all it would take.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Your accusation of playing favorites is based on what? What we all think he should do? Its evident he can be abrasive and he isnt one to be seen in starkville except for the schools business, but that isnt evidence. Hevesy being distant isnt evidence either. Gonzales and Knox are very congenial.

You just seem to have come to a great deal of conclusions based on message board hysterics.

Well said. Nail on head.

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Did any of y'all in your wildest dreams ever believe there would come a day when our fanbase would be doing this much bitching after a 9 win season? Never thought I would see the day. Smh

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Last month Dan was elected to the Board of Trustees of the American Football Coaches Association.

How can that be true when all coaches hate to be around him and he sucks? This can't be true****

Dawgcentral
02-23-2016, 08:07 PM
It might have been mentioned in prior threads, but I've failed to comb the board if so.

Could it be that Turner didn't mesh well with the new hires on the Defensive staff ?

I see that as a distinct possibility. Sure being passed over for the DC job could play a big role, but at some point you gotta consider that Mullen would promote Turner to that position of he had the faith in him to do a great job.

The way I see it. Mullen might just demand a hell of a lot more effort out of position coaches and assistants than other head coaches. As an employer, I've been accused of asking for more production than my employees believe they should give,...and those folks can't put in 40 quality hours each week.

Turner is headed for some turmoil at A&M. I don't know what his motives are, but I'm going to wait on judgement until I see the results from this new hire, as well as seeing what this totally revamped staff can do.

gravedigger
02-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Did any of y'all in your wildest dreams ever believe there would come a day when our fanbase would be doing this much bitching after a 9 win season? Never thought I would see the day. Smh

To be fair, those dreams were made with a 45000 seat stadium and a coach being paid less than 1 million. But your point is true. What is more impressive is not that expectations were raised because of money, but in SPITE of the success of the unpreceedented success of the SEC west.

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 08:57 PM
To be fair, those dreams were made with a 45000 seat stadium and a coach being paid less than 1 million. But your point is true. What is more impressive is not that expectations were raised because of money, but in SPITE of the success of the unpreceedented success of the SEC west.
This is so true. The sec west has never been this tough. Since Mullen has been at state the NC winner has been from the sec west or they beat the Sec. west winner for the title. Basically people are pissed that Mullen hasn't played for and/or won the NC. SMDH

Commercecomet24
02-23-2016, 09:07 PM

I ran the numbers a while back and the average strength of schedule for Mullen is 26, the average strength of schedule for Jackie was 48. Also Mullen has played twice as many ranked teams his first 7 years than Jackie faced. That's due to how strong the west has been. Looking inside the numbers show Dan has done more than a respectable job here. Like you said in spite of these factors. Good post, gravedigger.

Really Clark?
02-23-2016, 09:14 PM
This is so true. The sec west has never been this tough. Since Mullen has been at state the NC winner has been from the sec west or they beat the Sec. west winner for the title. Basically people are pissed that Mullen hasn't played for and/or won the NC. SMDH

Heck in 2011 season we had to play not one national title team but 2. And the only losses each had were to each other.

RougeDawg
02-23-2016, 09:37 PM

Please tell someone which rock you and Dawgtini have been living under. Sallach and Hevesy should have been shown the door years ago yet remain. That is one example.

Example two, unless one has been braindead, you get zero passes for missing the fact that Dan's attitude has been brought up numerous times over many years as reasons recruits chose elsewhere. Hev's recruiting track record speaks for itself. Hev's lack of OLine development, or lack of, can also be seen by Helen Keller and Ray Charles.

Example three. Dan's meddled with the defensive scheme and coaches for years, which has been confirmed through his press conferences from his own mouth along with departing coaches.

I could go on all evening with examples of Dan rubbing others the wrong way on and off the field. If I had the time o could also link all the articles and pressers confirming Dan's meddling with the defense. but I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain to anyone that water is wet. You will apparently believe that what you wish to believe and disregard and deny that which you don't. I cannot understand not comprehend for you nor anyone. The dots are there to connect. You can choose whether or not to connect them for yourself.

gravedigger
02-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Please tell someone which rock you and Dawgtini have been living under. Sallach and Hevesy should have been shown the door years ago yet remain. That is one example.

Example two, unless one has been braindead, you get zero passes for missing the fact that Dan's attitude has been brought up numerous times over many years as reasons recruits chose elsewhere. Hev's recruiting track record speaks for itself. Hev's lack of OLine development, or lack of, can also be seen by Helen Keller and Ray Charles.

Example three. Dan's meddled with the defensive scheme and coaches for years, which has been confirmed through his press conferences from his own mouth along with departing coaches.

I could go on all evening with examples of Dan rubbing others the wrong way on and off the field. If I had the time o could also link all the articles and pressers confirming Dan's meddling with the defense. but I'm not going to waste any more of my time trying to explain to anyone that water is wet. You will apparently believe that what you wish to believe and disregard and deny that which you don't. I cannot understand not comprehend for you nor anyone. The dots are there to connect. You can choose whether or not to connect them for yourself.

The rock that houses people inside the program. People who deal first hand with the dc, hevesy, trainers and athletic directors. And make no mistake its not always pretty.

But reality is as far from message board theory as professional wrestling is from being a real sport.

i have no doubt you can cut and paste every chapter and verse of your dissapointment with signing day.

You are the fella that sits there and actually believes you have higher standards than the people that do this for a living.

And if by some chance some fool believes you here or on the pack that somehow negates the masses who know you are full of it.

You may now return to being envious we arent about to be hammered by the ncaa.

Bucky Dog
02-23-2016, 10:34 PM
Here's some logic for everyone. How many of you on this board would want to stick around a company with an arrogant boss who obviously plays favorites to others who are undeniably underperforming? You see it year in and year out, yet nothing changes. Something opens up, be it a lateral move, and you take it because you are sick and tired of seeing someone get rewarded for performing less than you have and you are getting passed over for

Please go **** yourself and your negative arrogant ass attitude!!

Dawgtini
02-23-2016, 10:57 PM

Lemming gonna lemming. I hope the one in front of you used your summers eve. Could prevent a rude awakening if they make a sudden stop.

sleepy dawg
02-24-2016, 12:59 AM
Jackie took us to Atlanta once and had the lead for our 2nd potential SEC title midway thru the 4th quarter. Later the wheels fell off and we all know outsiders helped with the fall. Dan had us #1 in the nation for five weeks. It felt very surreal for me while it was happening, but our family made potential plans to the national championship playoffs. Yeah, it's been tough the way we have closed against Alabama and UM the last two years. I'm excited about the new hires on D, but if we don't improve the OL situation this coming year (and the running game), it will be time for a big shakeup ASAP. We don't need another Croom/McCorvey situation and it looks pretty close at times.

We won 2 or 3 games each year when I was at State...... Get out of here with that shit.

RougeDawg
02-24-2016, 10:27 AM
Please go **** yourself and your negative arrogant ass attitude!!

Thank you for your elaborate, educated response. You've added so much to the conversation, I am having a difficult time deciding where to start on your comment.

It's called "paying attention" to what Mullen says, does, what departing coaches say and do, and the words that come out of recruits mouths when they go elsewhere.

If your dictionary has that definition listed for "arrogant ass attitudes" I highly suggest you head out to your local wal mart and scoop you up a Webster's.

And since I believe you are more intelligent than thinking "arrogant ass attitude" has that definition, I'm fairly certain you used an insult because someone posted the truth about someone you refuse to acknowledge the truth about what the person is doing and has been doing. I'm not going to apologize for observing entrack record and pattern of Mullen, the coaching carousel and similar instances, and the rubbing the wrong ray of recruits and their families. Choose to ignore if you wish, but the problem is not going away.

QuadrupleOption
02-24-2016, 10:36 AM
Thank you for your elaborate, educated response. You've added so much to the conversation, I am having a difficult time deciding where to start on your comment.

It's called "paying attention" to what Mullen says, does, what departing coaches say and do, and the words that come out of recruits mouths when they go elsewhere.

If your dictionary has that definition listed for "arrogant ass attitudes" I highly suggest you head out to your local wal mart and scoop you up a Webster's.

And since I believe you are more intelligent than thinking "arrogant ass attitude" has that definition, I'm fairly certain you used an insult because someone posted the truth about someone you refuse to acknowledge the truth about what the person is doing and has been doing. I'm not going to apologize for observing entrack record and pattern of Mullen, the coaching carousel and similar instances, and the rubbing the wrong ray of recruits and their families. Choose to ignore if you wish, but the problem is not going away.

I don't care how arrogant our coach is as long as he keeps winning games.

But this new "coaching carousel" and "Nobody likes Mullen" shit is laughable. It's just another sad attempt at sabotaging the most successful MSU football coach since WWII (That's 75 ****ing years by the way).

Liverpooldawg
02-24-2016, 11:19 AM
I don't care how arrogant our coach is as long as he keeps winning games.

But this new "coaching carousel" and "Nobody likes Mullen" shit is laughable. It's just another sad attempt at sabotaging the most successful MSU football coach since WWII (That's 75 ****ing years by the way).

That's exactly what it is. It's no coincidence that this crap has heated up as the stuff up north has. These "fans" saying this is starting to resemble Jackie's last years are accidentally right in one count. The rumors and bs coming from up the road do resemble what went on to bring Jackie down. It was predictable. What's also predictable is that some that really are ours will jump right in and help.

BrunswickDawg
02-24-2016, 11:43 AM
That's exactly what it is. It's no coincidence that this crap has heated up as the stuff up north has. These "fans" saying this is starting to resemble Jackie's last years are accidentally right in one count. The rumors and bs coming from up the road do resemble what went on to bring Jackie down. It was predictable. What's also predictable is that some that really are ours will jump right in and help.
Do I think Dan offends the recruits that want to hear "you are the second coming, and will start from day one", but Dan says "Come to State. You will work your ass off and have to compete for your position. If you are the best, then you will play and be prepared for the next step."? Yup.

Do I think Dan offends handlers/parents with their hands out? Yup

Do I think Dan making personnel and recruiting decisions based on what he thinks is right for the program and not what some internet jockey, recruiting website, or blogger says is the gospel, and that pisses them off? Yup.

Do I think people try to spin that for their own agendas, recruiting advantage, or deflection as to why they know more? Absolutely.

Do I think people will be trying to spin the same shit when we win 8 next year and they can't explain how they were wrong again? Like clockwork.

tcdog70
02-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Do I think Dan offends the recruits that want to hear "you are the second coming, and will start from day one", but Dan says "Come to State. You will work your ass off and have to compete for your position. If you are the best, then you will play and be prepared for the next step."? Yup.

Do I think Dan offends handlers/parents with their hands out? Yup

Do I think Dan making personnel and recruiting decisions based on what he thinks is right for the program and not what some internet jockey, recruiting website, or blogger says is the gospel, and that pisses them off? Yup.

Do I think people try to spin that for their own agendas, recruiting advantage, or deflection as to why they know more? Absolutely.

Do I think people will be trying to spin the same shit when we win 8 next year and they can't explain how they were wrong again? Like clockwork.

i think it is a little bit of both views. Is Dan an arrogant Yankee--well sure He is. Does he piss some people off--all the time. Does he coddle and protect his Yankee Buddies--that is a fact. Is he hard headed- He proved that when all He had to do was tell the Media He wasn't going to go anywhere and was happy at MSU, Instead he acted like a Prima Donna and made the deal much worse than it should have been and it was used against us in recruiting. Is it a fact Dan pisses off some of His assistant Coaches- for sure He does. But Is Dan winning games a State at a higher clip than any Coach in History--Damn Right. He is our Arrogant Yankee and we will put up with Him as long as he wins 8 games a year.

Really Clark?
02-24-2016, 12:16 PM
i think it is a little bit of both views. Is Dan an arrogant Yankee--well sure He is. Does he piss some people off--all the time. Does he coddle and protect his Yankee Buddies--that is a fact. Is he hard headed- He proved that when all He had to do was tell the Media He wasn't going to go anywhere and was happy at MSU, Instead he acted like a Prima Donna and made the deal much worse than it should have been and it was used against us in recruiting. Is it a fact Dan pisses off some of His assistant Coaches- for sure He does. But Is Dan winning games a State at a higher clip than any Coach in History--Damn Right. He is our Arrogant Yankee and we will put up with Him as long as he wins 8 games a year.

Ha. Sorry but that's about as skewed to one side take on Mullen that was suppose to be a blend of both views I have ever read. Not going to pick on the whole post but just the idea he pisses people off all the time is not accurate or a view that's "little bit of both".

woozman
02-24-2016, 01:05 PM

Turner was just promoted to Assistant Head Coach over the rest of the staff - the "playing favorites" argument doesn't make sense.

QuadrupleOption
02-24-2016, 01:26 PM
Turner was just promoted to Assistant Head Coach over the rest of the staff - the "playing favorites" argument doesn't make sense.

It does when you've been spouting an agenda since the Egg Bowl loss.

Dawgcentral
02-26-2016, 08:41 PM
I'm still amazed at MSU fans who fall along the OM party line with the "Arrogant Yankee" label.

Sure he's arrogant. No question.

But the Yankee crap originated, and is still a card played by the Confederate Faithful from the Plantation. It's time we recognize that we need to reject the Old South premise of staying old school and playing up to sentiment instead of innovation from outside the history of the SEC.

tcdog70
02-26-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm still amazed at MSU fans who fall along the OM party line with the "Arrogant Yankee" label.

Sure he's arrogant. No question.

But the Yankee crap originated, and is still a card played by the Confederate Faithful from the Plantation. It's time we recognize that we need to reject the Old South premise of staying old school and playing up to sentiment instead of innovation from outside the history of the SEC.

If he was just arrogant He would be like Kiffin or Saban, but being a Yankee might be worse than arrogant when sitting in Mississippi living rooms. But combine them and it is a Tough Hill to Climb.

Dawgcentral
02-26-2016, 10:01 PM
Yeah maybe. But that's more of a perceived problem in Mississippi living rooms put forward by the old school confederates than it is a reality in today's world of Mississippians who should know that MSU is the People's University.

We can at least attempt to be consistent in our world view.

Coach34
02-26-2016, 10:13 PM

like it or not- this is dead right. 100%