PDA

View Full Version : Open Transfer

Reason2succeed
02-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Other than the show cause that is becoming a more popular punishment for NCAA violations the rest of them affect of the penalties have the potential to affect student athletes who had no part of the violation.

Bowl bans punish innocent players. Penn State, Alabama and other schools have simply scheduled exotic regular season games in Ireland or Hawaii in lieu of the ban.

Scholarship reductions are less opportunities for students to go to their chosen institution or can cause schools to "cut" more older players in order to recruit their normal amount.

Therefore, I propose that along with EVERY NCAA probation should be an open transfer that allows players to transfer to any school outside of their conference in the first year at of probation.

Think about it. The reason that boosters pay money is because they want the best players at their school. As it stands there is no way to punish boosters. They will go to all lengths to make sure their school has the best players. So if being on probation guaranteed that all of those coveted (and paid) players were then open to leave the school MIGHT be a penalty harsh enough to stop SOME cheating.

For instance the booster is trying to convince a 5 star RB to come to the school but when caught the benched QB who was waiting their turn decides to leave and go to another school. Not only him but ten other guys left the team. Finally the cost of cheating would surpass the rewards.

Thoughts?

TimberBeast
02-22-2016, 11:46 PM
Other than the show cause that is becoming a more popular punishment for NCAA violations the rest of them affect of the penalties have the potential to affect student athletes who had no part of the violation.

Bowl bans punish innocent players. Penn State, Alabama and other schools have simply scheduled exotic regular season games in Ireland or Hawaii in lieu of the ban.

Scholarship reductions are less opportunities for students to go to their chosen institution or can cause schools to "cut" more older players in order to recruit their normal amount.

Therefore, I propose that along with EVERY NCAA probation should be an open transfer that allows players to transfer to any school outside of their conference in the first year at of probation.

Think about it. The reason that boosters pay money is because they want the best players at their school. As it stands there is no way to punish boosters. They will go to all lengths to make sure their school has the best players. So if being on probation guaranteed that all of those coveted (and paid) players were then open to leave the school MIGHT be a penalty harsh enough to stop SOME cheating.

For instance the booster is trying to convince a 5 star RB to come to the school but when caught the benched QB who was waiting their turn decides to leave and go to another school. Not only him but ten other guys left the team. Finally the cost of cheating would surpass the rewards.

Thoughts?

In my opinion players that accept payment or any other types of benefit are the biggest part of the problem. Whether they are young and dumb or not, they need to be punished as harshly as any adults involved. These "kids" know when what is going on is right or wrong. The only innocent people that get hurt are the players that didn't take anything, which is the vast majority of student athletes. All of this is leading to the destruction of college football anyway, I'm not half as interested as I used to be because of the recruiting nonsense.

Todd4State
02-23-2016, 12:55 AM
I guarantee you going to Hawaii would be more like another road game than a bowl game. The good thing about going to a bowl is you basically get exposure for the most part because on that day your game is one of the main ones. That's huge for a program. The players wouldn't get to get gifts from the bowl committee and I don't know how many fans would actually make that trip.

The scholarship limits imposed usually mean a team can only sign x amount of players- and that's where probation kills a team.