PDA

View Full Version : Billy Gonzalez

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Despite him being here for a little while, I rarely hear anything about him. Can anyone give some details on what role he will play, and what he may or may not bring to the table that we haven't had in a WR coach?

Does he have a good history of success with WR's? Will he be involved in the passing game coordination any? Will he help with play calling any? Would we want him too? Any examples of players he has developed or offenses he's been involved with?

I just want to know more about him because he sounded like a good hire, but I've heard nothing since. And I'm too lazy to do a lot of google searching on it unless none of you know anything either.

Barking 13
08-12-2013, 03:56 PM
CD, all I can tell you is from what I've seen on the videos... he's one of those "amped" dudes like Collins.. Brew may have been a more seasoned coach, but I think he fits in nicely with all the rest of the new hires...

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 04:00 PM
CD, all I can tell you is from what I've seen on the videos... he's one of those "amped" dudes like Collins.. Brew may have been a more seasoned coach, but I think he fits in nicely with all the rest of the new hires...

That's good to hear, bc I was assuming he was a quiet guy since I haven't heard much. If he's fiery, that can only help on the recruiting trail as well.

jumbo
08-12-2013, 04:08 PM
Rebuen Randle and Odell Beckham at LSU and Percy Harvin at Florida

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Rebuen Randle and Odell Beckham at LSU and Percy Harvin at Florida

Good list

mic
08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Best WR coach we have had here in years..

hacker
08-12-2013, 04:53 PM
I've read things from the players saying that they've already learned a lot from Gonzales and the WR play is much better.

MarketingBully01
08-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Here goes, he basically had been at every stop with Urban Meyer up to Florida and was only one of three coaches that hold that honor (Hevesy and Mullen are the other two). You should also add Percy Harvin to that list as well. Has been recruiting coordinator at LSU, passing game coordinator LSU Florida and other stops. Special teams coordinator at those stops as well. One of the better recruiters from the Meyer bunch. He is a much better coach then Brewster and almost as good a recruiter as Brewster as well. Has great high school connections. Probably the best WR coach we have hired. That enough info for ya? :).

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Here goes, he basically had been at every stop with Urban Meyer up to Florida and was only one of three coaches that hold that honor (Hevesy and Mullen are the other two). You should also add Percy Harvin to that list as well. Has been recruiting coordinator at LSU, passing game coordinator LSU Florida and other stops. Special teams coordinator at those stops as well. One of the better recruiters from the Meyer bunch. He is a much better coach then Brewster and almost as good a recruiter as Brewster as well. Has great high school connections. Probably the best WR coach we have hired. That enough info for ya? :).

Good stuff, thanks.