PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell announces that he won't run at the combine

DancingRabbit
02-22-2016, 11:30 AM
http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/ole-miss-wr-laquon-treadwell-chooses-not-to-run-at-combine/

In other news Kimdechee announces that he won't fly.

msstate7
02-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Weren't there people saying treadwell will be top 10? He can forget that

Liverpooldawg
02-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Interesting. That will drop him a few spots I'd expect.

Jacksondevildog
02-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Probably doesn't want people to see the 4.6 speed.

Blackout
02-22-2016, 11:35 AM

This is very funny

msstate7
02-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Probably doesn't want people to see the 4.6 speed.

Isn't not running essentially the same thing?

Jacksondevildog
02-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Isn't not running essentially the same thing?

Plausible deniability. If you don't see me run 4.6, I don't run a 4.6. **

msstate7
02-22-2016, 11:40 AM

Might make em think its 4.7

PassInterference
02-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Players are advised by their agents on these decisions. He and his agent thinks they have nothing to prove and can do nothing in the combine to improve their stock. In other words, they are riding the hype. Can't say I blame him.

You'll see Bear Wilson in the combine. He needs to prove somethings. Show people why we call him bear.

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 11:44 AM
It puts all the pressure to run a good time at his pro day. If he doesn't run at the combine and is mediocre at the pro day then you will see him slip down the boards.

DancingRabbit
02-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Doesn't appear to be a great draft for receivers, so he might not slip much.

I noticed Bear is the tallest receiver in the projected top 25 receivers. Only one over 6-3.

Also, heard Kiper over the weekend saying Dak would go in round 2 or 3.

BeardoMSU
02-22-2016, 11:56 AM
It puts all the pressure to run a good time at his pro day. If he doesn't run at the combine and is mediocre at the pro day then you will see him slip down the boards.

That'll be easy since Freeze will be manning the stopwatch, and won't click 'start' until he's about the 20 yard mark. Media will then gush over his blazing speed***

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 12:01 PM
That'll be easy since Freeze will be manning the stopwatch, and won't click 'start' until he's about the 20 yard mark. Media will then gush over his blazing speed***

Lol. Luckily the scouts will bring their own and are immune to Freeze's chomping of the teeth to distract them from the times.

smootness
02-22-2016, 12:08 PM
Doesn't appear to be a great draft for receivers, so he might not slip much.

I noticed Bear is the tallest receiver in the projected top 25 receivers. Only one over 6-3.

Also, heard Kiper over the weekend saying Dak would go in round 2 or 3.

Dak is improving his stock. The Broncos are reportedly in love with him and could take him either in the 2nd to compete with Osweiler or potentially even in the 1st if they don't keep Osweiler.

BeardoMSU
02-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Dak is improving his stock. The Broncos are reportedly in love with him and could take him either in the 2nd to compete with Osweiler or potentially even in the 1st if they don't keep Osweiler.

That is really good news.

mstatefan91
02-22-2016, 12:12 PM

Interesting..

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Dak won't make it out of the 2nd round

32 Dive
02-22-2016, 12:37 PM
http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/ole-miss-wr-laquon-treadwell-chooses-not-to-run-at-combine/

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DancingRabbit again."

32 Dive
02-22-2016, 12:39 PM

Unless he posts his 4.6 on Instagram. Then, the UM fans will deny it, and everyone else will see it for what it is...

BeardoMSU
02-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Dak won't make it out of the 2nd round

What buzz are you hearing regarding Dak and the draft, Dan?

Johnson85
02-22-2016, 12:52 PM

Why would he run at pro day and not a combine? I get that the combine times are slower, but surely scouts can roughly translate the time they get at a pro day to a combine time.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Why would he run at pro day and not a combine? I get that the combine times are slower, but surely scouts can roughly translate the time they get at a pro day to a combine time.

It gives him another month to work on technique & focus on nothing but running the 40.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 01:02 PM
He's a *****.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 01:04 PM

At pro day only a hand full of scouts will be there. At combine all teams will be there. Take from that what you want.

thf24
02-22-2016, 01:40 PM
It gives him another month to work on technique & focus on nothing but running the 40.

I've always wondered why scouts and analysts put so much stock in the 40 when it can be pushed using tricks and techniques that don't have any value in an actual football game. Does it really tell them anything they don't already know?

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 01:50 PM
At pro day only a hand full of scouts will be there. At combine all teams will be there. Take from that what you want.

OM will probably have every NFL team represented at their pro day. All eyes will still be on his 40 time.

DancingRabbit
02-22-2016, 02:05 PM

Usually teams are pretty secretive about who they are interested in. If the Denver staff has been talking up Dak, could it be contract posturing with Osweiler?

MedDawg
02-22-2016, 02:18 PM

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Usually teams are pretty secretive about who they are interested in. If the Denver staff has been talking up Dak, could it be contract posturing with Osweiler?

I think a lot of the reports have been saying they want Dak regardless of whether they sign Osweiler or not. Someone correct me if I am wrong. And I think they are about $1-2 Mil per year off from each other to resign. So that seems like it's pretty close anyway.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 02:19 PM

Houston, Denver, Dallas, Washington, & Buffalo have all been said to be highly interested in Dak.

Ifyouonlyknew
I'm not saying this has anything to do with Treadwell, but

the NFL has drug tests at the combine.

You still get tested even if you don't participate in the combine.

Really Clark?
I'm not saying this has anything to do with Treadwell, but

the NFL has drug tests at the combine.

He is still going to the combine. Just not running.

Eric Nies Grind Time
02-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Houston, Denver, Dallas, Washington, & Buffalo have all been said to be highly interested in Dak.

Buffalo has always seemed to like MSU players for whatever reason.

RougeDawg
02-22-2016, 02:42 PM
There seems to be a growing new OM mantra being used by all involved, "Hide that which can only hurt you and pray you can lessen the blow of the truth."

Boodawg
02-22-2016, 02:48 PM
There seems to be a growing new OM mantra being used by all involved, "Hide that which can only hurt you and pray you can lessen the blow of the truth."

+1, you beat me to it. I know he is supposed to be a good guy and all, but this seems like the typical UM BS. He's learned from the best I guess.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 02:53 PM
OM will probably have every NFL team represented at their pro day. All eyes will still be on his 40 time.

I seriously doubt it. There are a lot of pro days across the country. At the combine you have GM, Coaches, Scouts and owner but at pro day you have a few scouts. To many pro days across the country and teams are selective as to where they send scouts.

Tbonewannabe
02-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Houston seems to be very interested in Dak. I listened to Dan on some Texans radio show and it talked about his relationship with the Texans head coach and how Dak can positively affect a team. I think a lot of NFL teams like MSU players because they understand how hard to work. You get primadonnas in the locker room and they either survive on talent for a few years and flame out or they learn from the guys like Dak. Look at the Patriots and you can tell what kind of attitude excels in the NFL.

drunkernhelldawg
02-22-2016, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't question Treadwell's talent. But that's just me.

jumbo
02-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Houston seems to be very interested in Dak. I listened to Dan on some Texans radio show and it talked about his relationship with the Texans head coach and how Dak can positively affect a team. I think a lot of NFL teams like MSU players because they understand how hard to work. You get primadonnas in the locker room and they either survive on talent for a few years and flame out or they learn from the guys like Dak. Look at the Patriots and you can tell what kind of attitude excels in the NFL.

I think they'll take Hackenberg instead. He was a beast in his one year under OBrien at PSU.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 03:47 PM
I seriously doubt it. There are a lot of pro days across the country. At the combine you have GM, Coaches, Scouts and owner but at pro day you have a few scouts. To many pro days across the country and teams are selective as to where they send scouts.

Will every GM & Coach be there probably not but a representative of all 30 teams will be there. Same at the MSU Pro day. When you have 6+ kids looking to be drafted teams show up.

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Will every GM & Coach be there probably not but a representative of all 30 teams will be there. Same at the MSU Pro day. When you have 6+ kids looking to be drafted teams show up.

Not disagreeing but I would rather have a coach, GM or owner see me run rather than just a scout.

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Not disagreeing but I would rather have a coach, GM or owner see me run rather than just a scout.

Well a lot of highly rated and high drafted players, especially QB's, have gone the pro day route for their official times and skills. The guys who have first round grades it hasn't really hurt them in the past unless they have some bad numbers at their pro day and don't have combine numbers to fall back on.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-22-2016, 04:10 PM

Don't really disagree but they will get to see him do everything but run at the combine. The scout comes to Pro Day & runs a good time that's all the big wigs needed to hear. He's a 1st rd guy right now so unless he bombs the 40 at Pro Day this decision isn't a big deal. Not much different than QB's who come to the combine but don't throw.

Tbonewannabe
02-22-2016, 05:42 PM
I think they'll take Hackenberg instead. He was a beast in his one year under OBrien at PSU.

Since his freshman year he hasn't been any better than average. I guess it just depends on if they believe the way he regressed from his Freshman year to Junior is due to Franklin. One thing that probably helps Dak is how good of a season he had with a complete crap Oline and running game. Throw on top of that around an average Defense and it just shows Dak carried this team for the most part in the toughest conference in football. I can't wait to see what Dak does at the next level when he can get the year round training that you just don't have in college.

Boodawg
02-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Someone said on h2h today that rice ran a 4.7 40. So why not run it? Surely he can at least that well. Why hide what's gonna come out eventually anyway. Oh yeah, we're talking about um players. Never mind.

smootness
02-22-2016, 10:06 PM
Someone said on h2h today that rice ran a 4.7 40. So why not run it? Surely he can at least that well. Why hide what's gonna come out eventually anyway. Oh yeah, we're talking about um players. Never mind.

Because as little as it matters in actual games, it does matter to your draft stock.

DancingRabbit
02-23-2016, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't question Treadwell's talent. But that's just me.

Having talent is not a yes or no question. Moncrief and Treadwell put up almost identical numbers at OM. Moncrief was 1" taller and 15 lbs heavier going into the draft. Moncrief ran a 4.4 at the NFL combine, was drafted in the 3rd round and has become a good pro WR.

Treadwell is talented but maybe not all-world as some believe.

fishwater99
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Having talent is not a yes or no question. Moncrief and Treadwell put up almost identical numbers at OM. Moncrief was 1" taller and 15 lbs heavier going into the draft. Moncrief ran a 4.4 at the NFL combine, was drafted in the 3rd round and has become a good pro WR.

He was a good college player, but overrated IMO.
He won't be a pro-bowl type player.

drunkernhelldawg
02-23-2016, 09:07 AM

Didn't want to be explicit, but I'll go ahead. I think he'll be the first receiver taken in the draft and that will be in the first half of the first round. I think his physical gifts and nose for the football are the best we've seen since Julio Jones. I don't think skipping the Combine hurts him at all.

louisvilledawg
02-23-2016, 09:18 AM

I'll bet you 3 crisp $100 bills that Dak is not drafted in the first. I love Dak but that's almost laughable. I have seen nowhere that Dak could go first round. Some scouts are saying 2nd round potentially. Mostly everything i've seen has him stamped with a 3rd round grade. Some moron for PFF wrote that he doesn't even think Dak will get drafted.

Dawgface
02-23-2016, 10:00 AM

I would love that. I have always liked Denver.

drunkernhelldawg
02-23-2016, 11:42 AM
I'll bet you 3 crisp $100 bills that Dak is not drafted in the first. I love Dak but that's almost laughable. I have seen nowhere that Dak could go first round. Some scouts are saying 2nd round potentially. Mostly everything i've seen has him stamped with a 3rd round grade. Some moron for PFF wrote that he doesn't even think Dak will get drafted.

I personally think Dak can play the position in the NFL. Don't know what the draft analysis is, but I do know that a lot of teams are struggling to find the right quarterback. Usually, the teams that get quarterback figured out do well and make the playoffs. However, we did see what happened with the Colts this year. I still think it's generally true though that quarterback is more than half the battle.

DancingRabbit
02-23-2016, 12:46 PM
Didn't want to be explicit, but I'll go ahead. I think he'll be the first receiver taken in the draft and that will be in the first half of the first round. I think his physical gifts and nose for the football are the best we've seen since Julio Jones. I don't think skipping the Combine hurts him at all.

You like Treadwell better than Amari Cooper?

I haven't said Treadwell is not talented. I do think he may be a little over-hyped.

He's expected to be the first receiver taken. Probably top 10 or top 15. If he turns in a bad 40 time at his pro day he may drop into the bottom half of the 1st round.

Regardless, he's about to be paid well.

CrosscityDawg
02-23-2016, 01:09 PM
This may be a dumb question, but why do they not run 40 times in full pads at the combine? Would it not be a better representation of actual game speed?

MedDawg
02-23-2016, 02:07 PM

fishwater99
02-23-2016, 03:51 PM

What is he ran a 4.8? Rice was am exception to the rule..