PDA

View Full Version : The OM Twitter Brigade is out in full force attack mode

Coach34
02-22-2016, 10:07 AM
and its obvious their guys are telling them behind the scenes two things:

1. The NCAA has said that they dont punish schools for the sins of old regimes. OM fans are swearing by this and claiming it comes from Bdork and Sankey. Even said the NCAA has stated this openly.

2. 9 or 10 scholarships over 3 years. These guys are 100% that this is going to be the outcome. Done deal. Nothing to see here anymore.

But they sure are touchy about all this for people so "confident"

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 10:14 AM
They shouldn't act like 10 scholarships isn't a bad thing. As bad as they hurt for O lineman.

Reason2succeed
02-22-2016, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't believe a thing they are saying. They are masters at lying so much that they forget and start believing their own lies i.e. every other pertinent fact in this case. If the NCAA has stated "openly" that they don't punish for past transgressions then they should have no problem showing everyone this statement "openly".

They are just intensifying the same old spin. Sounds like what I used to do before getting a whooping. If it was water under the bridge they would've released the NOA and taken the intrigue out of this whole thing.

It's coming!

PassInterference
02-22-2016, 10:25 AM
I've documented and referenced other NCAA cases which clearly show the NCAA doesn't care who the current vs past regime is.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?40152-NOW-HEAR-THIS!!-Sanctions-happen-for-violations-of-prior-regimes

NOW HEAR THIS!! Sanctions happen for violations of prior regimes
Rebels seem to think they are off the hook for acts of previous staff. That is far from the case. In fact, NCAA history would imply it does't matter if the violations happened under the current staff or previous staff. See below:

EXHIBIT A
=======

Dubose coached Alabama from 1997-2000.

February-November 2000: Albert Means signs with Mike Dubose's Alabama Crimson Tide and plays for the Tide during the 2000 season.

October 2000: Mike Dubose resigns (or is fired) from Alabama.

November 2000: Dennis Franchione is hired as hired as head coach for Alabama. He will serve through 2002.

February 2001: Alabama receives a preliminary letter of inquiry from the NCAA.

August 2001: Federal grand jurors in Memphis indict former Trezevant High School head coach Lynn Lang and former assistant Milton Kirk on charges of trying to sell Albert Means to seven schools.

Sept. 6, 2001: Alabama receives official notice of alleged rules violations from NCAA.

Feb. 2, 2002: Alabama football receives five years probation, including a two-year postseason ban, because of a recruiting scandal in which boosters were accused of paying money for prep players. All for violations committed by the staff of a former head coach.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_DuBose
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-alabama/article29055703.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bama-hires-tcus-franchione/

EXHIBIT B
=======

2001: Pete Carroll becomes head coach at USC.

2004: USC wins a national championship with Reggie Bush, who also wins the Heisman.

2009: Pete Carroll resigns as head coach

2010: Lane Kiffin hired as USC head coach

June 2010: USC recieves a 2 year bowl ban, 4 years probation, loses 30 scholarships over 3 years, and vacates 14 wins all for Reggie Bush's 2004 season 6 years prior under a different head coach.

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_USC_Trojans_football_seasons
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5272615

Political Hack
02-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Pass interference broke that play up.

PassInterference
02-22-2016, 10:53 AM
http://i.imgflip.com/50gj0.gif

They mad.

AlSwearengen
02-22-2016, 10:55 AM
If the ncaa doesn't punish for old regimes, I assume the 9 or 10 scholarships lost are for tunsil and the kid from meridian? I though the tunsil issues had been resolved?

Too much bullshit. Not buying it, but I never buy anything coming from that camp.

Mjoelner34
02-22-2016, 11:01 AM

1. The NCAA has said that they dont punish schools for the sins of old regimes. OM fans are swearing by this and claiming it comes from Bdork and Sankey. Even said the NCAA has stated this openly.

2. 9 or 10 scholarships over 3 years. These guys are 100% that this is going to be the outcome. Done deal. Nothing to see here anymore.

1. Ask them if they think Saunders' 8 year show-cause is a result for what he did only at ULL and if they think Vaughn got canned for stuff he only did at Texas.

2. I think they almost got this talking point correct. Almost is the key word. I think they would be closer by saying "9 or 10 scholarships per year over 3 years."

maroonmania
02-22-2016, 11:44 AM

So you can use whatever illegal means you want to acquire players as long as you swap in a new guy to coach them and then its all kosher with the NCAA? OK, whatever.

Dawgowar
02-22-2016, 11:45 AM
So by their logic, if you commit Level I violations but change coaches, the official NCAA position is "Shit, they hired a new coach, we got to clean their slate" ?

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 11:56 AM
The mass delusions by the shear number of douches that come in contact with that fan base would be an interesting case study for someone. I bet there is some good grant money out there to do a complete study and I hope someone will take on the challenge. People need to be warned about what coming in contact with that fanbase will do to your mental health. And hope that long term treatment can be developed to help those suffering from delusional douche'ness but more importantly preventative steps can be put in place before more contract the disease. And I hope they find and eradicate the ones willfully spreading this deranged mental delusion. They must be stopped and withdrawn from society before they spread this harmful obsession of douche behavior. It's for the good of society and children.

DawgPoundtheRock
02-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Repeated violations over a number of years and under different coaching regimes leads to the big one, Loss of Institutional Control.

PassInterference
02-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Repeated violations over a number of years and under different coaching regimes leads to the big one, Loss of Institutional Control.

That's correct and there is really no other way to put it. No rouge booster to take the fall. No one misbehaving coach to take the fall. No one sport to take the fall.

Cheating is an institution at Ole Miss. It spans multiple coaches, sports, and athletic directors.

Put it this way - they changed coaching staffs multiple times. Changed ADs too. And none of that helped. Cheating was too embedded in their culture. So bad, nobody can fix it.

THAT is Loss Of Institutional Control.

maroonmania
02-22-2016, 12:26 PM
That's correct and there is really no other way to put it. No rouge booster to take the fall. No one misbehaving coach to take the fall. No one sport to take the fall.

Cheating is an institution at Ole Miss. It spans multiple coaches, sports, and athletic directors.

Put it this way - they changed coaching staffs multiple times. Changed ADs too. And none of that helped. Cheating was too embedded in their culture. So bad, nobody can fix it.

THAT is Loss Of Institutional Control.

And it seems cheating has reached new heights under Freeze. Changing coaches certainly hasn't remedied their cheating problem, its only increased it. Of course most of them don't view it as a problem.

Bothrops
02-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Isn't it the current regime they should worry about the most..

spbdawg
02-22-2016, 12:31 PM
#

Bully13
02-22-2016, 12:31 PM
I can't wait to find out if anything pops up with the 2016 class. Nobody seems to want to discuss all these recent interviews

chef dixon
02-22-2016, 12:36 PM
The OM Twitter Brigade are some of the worst human beings in existence.

Tbaen
02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
I love it that we are now arguing severity of sanctions and not whether they will occur.

It brings to mind a favorite old yarn, I'm sure many of you have heard dozens of times.....

It seems there was a lovely lady sitting at the bar and a well dressed gentleman had been admiring her from across the room for some time. She kept noticing him, but paid attention only to her drink.

Finally the man comes over and out of the blue asks her, "For a million dollars would you go home with me right now and make love with me all night?"

The lady, taken aback, takes a sip of her drink, considers the unbelievable proposal for only a moment and then agrees with enthusiasm.

The gentleman, encouraged, then asks "would you do it for 50 bucks?"

Now offended, the lady replies indignantly, "Hell no, what do you think I am, a whore?"

...."Madam, we've established what you are, we are now simply haggling over the price."

parabrave
02-22-2016, 12:51 PM

pete carrol approves of this msg.

TrapGame
02-22-2016, 01:05 PM
CEO: "I'm sorry but the former CEO was a douche bag inside trader. I'm the new CEO and had nothing to do with it."

SEC: "But isn't your business using those illegal transactions to grow, thrive and improve your stock?"

CEO: "Well, sure. But, I had nothing to do with it."

SEC: "But sir, your business did."

GTHOM
02-22-2016, 01:44 PM

They've already been caught lying about all this already, then instead of releasing the NOA at the deadline they gave it off to some lawyer trying to hide it and find a loophole. I dont see why there's even an argument anymore. They are caught, it may not be as bad as we are hoping but from everything I've heard, a bowl ban and a big hit on schollys is the minimum

BossDawg
02-22-2016, 03:39 PM
If the ncaa doesn't punish for old regimes, I assume the 9 or 10 scholarships lost are for tunsil and the kid from meridian? I though the tunsil issues had been resolved?

Too much bullshit. Not buying it, but I never buy anything coming from that camp.

No matter what happens, I'm looking at it as a win-win for State. Either UMiss gets cleaned out then spayed by the NCAA and their fragile egos are crushed, or, if UMiss does skate, State can finally (hopefully) start recruiting like we all want because it will be obvious the NCAA doesn't care.