PDA

View Full Version : Cohen wins the award for....

CarolinaDawgs
02-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Micro-Manager of the year in the conference.

This is just disgusting to me that he honestly thinks baseball games can be won playing a game that is a variation of baseball..

Baseball isn't as complex as some like to think it is and it sure aint as hard as Cohen makes it look.

Stop having to change every little detail of every aspect of the game. Let the talent that we have on this team get in a flow and show their talent.

I think all the pressing and minor errors come from the pressing and minor adjustments that Cohen shows in the dugout. Im all for letting kids get to compete for spots and everything, but that is what the whole damn offseason is for.

Lets put our best 9 guys out there in the same order for a weekend and just see what happens? I don't know what he thinks is gonna happen, but I can almost assure you that it will be a positive outcome by Sunday. Everybody is in Limbo and its hard to play like that. ID rather the guys on my team be complete Ice then have this luke-warm attitude.

The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results... Cohen is flirting with it.

Lets have a good season and pick this shit up. Hail State!

Bama_Dawg
02-22-2016, 08:55 AM
Micro-managing is indicative of lack of trust. So either Cohen doesn't trust his team using past examples, or he's the one with the problem.

Something tells me its Cohen. He's just got to let these guys play. I'm convinced if he lets them make their own mistakes, they'd learn quickly and be better for it.

Take the reigns off Johnny!

bulldogcountry1
02-22-2016, 09:02 AM
He preaches putting pressure on the opponent, but all he does is put pressure on his own players. During games it doesn't look like he has any personal connection with them. He just stares at his damn piece of paper, make some sort of statistical decision, and expect his robots to execute at 100%

Dawgface
02-22-2016, 09:07 AM
He's not going to stop micro-managing. That's who he is.

Bama_Dawg
02-22-2016, 09:12 AM
He's not going to stop micro-managing. That's who he is.

Coaching, like managing people, you have to adapt to your employees/players. If you don't adapt your style to others, you will fail.

Bucky Dog
02-22-2016, 09:47 AM
I've been saying this is my biggest issue with Cohen the previous two years. As one who played baseball, as I'm sure many here did, you need to know you are playing, and where you are playing and hitting in the lineup. It creates consistency and confidence and as you said, lets you know the boss has trust in you and you in turn respect his decisions.

I hate all of the lineup changes and tweaks. Put them out there and let each player know his role in the teams success. Whether it is playing third and batting cleanup, or being a role player that comes in for defense in the 8th or 9th inning. Or even knowing that you are a bench leader who gets the occasional pinch hit. Set the the lineup and let's go to war!!