PDA

View Full Version : OT: Talladega

Pinto
02-21-2016, 10:06 PM
Looking for suggestions to get race tickets, hotel, and transportation to the track. Thanks.

civildawg
02-21-2016, 11:22 PM
Best way to do talledega is to stay in a camper at the track.

defiantdog
02-21-2016, 11:25 PM
The Mardi Gras for rednecks

It_Could_Happen
02-21-2016, 11:39 PM

Second this. We used to go twice a year and we stayed in Birmingham, but we knew somebody that had an RV at the track so we would drive and park at their RV that morning. Not a whole lot of hotels around the area.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
02-21-2016, 11:39 PM
Call the track for tickets, hotels within a 30 minute drive of the track have been booked for a year. Best bet would be Birmingham. Transportation to the track - I suggest you just driving over yourself. If staying in Birmingham, I would leave about 7 am for a 12 noon start. You should get to your seat a couple of hours before the engines start but there's plenty to see and do before it starts. I suggest you watch the last 3 or 4 laps from a place you can slip out of quickly. Walk directly to your car and get out of there. If you wait and try and walk out with everyone else it'll take you 3 to 6 hours to get back to Birmingham. If you're one of the first out, it'll only take you an hour to get back to Birmingham. When calling about tickets, confirm that you can still take in your own small cooler - if you can then make sure you only pack cans. If not, they'll make you pour out all your bottles. As mentioned above the best bet might be to stay in a camper at the track but make sure it has it's own toilet and shower...if you don't have those in your camper then I wouldn't stay in a camper.

JDog13
02-22-2016, 05:06 PM
You need tickets, food, trailer of beer, firewood, water, and a tent.

State82
02-22-2016, 06:02 PM
We usually got a room in Birmingham/Hoover. Another word of advice. If you do stay in the Birmingham area don't take I-20 to the track. Go south on 280 to Childersburg and go in the back way. Check a map to get the route but stay off the Interstate.

pdawg10msu
02-22-2016, 06:57 PM
I live about 8 minutes from the track. If you book now, book a hotel in Pell City. Holiday Inn, Sleep Inn or Hampton Inn are all real clean hotels and right beside Walmart and plenty of restaurants.

Dawgbite
02-22-2016, 07:44 PM
Just for the record, if a guy is standing at the door of a camper taking up money and you think he is charging to use the bathroom,when it's your turn ignore the ugly naked chick laying on the bunk, piss and get out of the way for the next guy. $20 really isn't that high if you really have to go.

Churchill
02-22-2016, 08:21 PM
The Mardi Gras for rednecks

Except Mardi Gras is basically as inexpensive as you want it to be. Ain`t nothing at Talledega inexpensive. Take plenty money.