PDA

View Full Version : Baseball team

GTHOM
02-21-2016, 05:38 PM
SDSU is either hot garbage, or FAU is really good. I know its just the opening weekend but we have no energy or fire from the top down. Nobody looks like they give a shit. Please turn it around I cannot do last year again

Blackout
02-21-2016, 05:44 PM
SDSU is hot garbage. FAU will be determined over the next couple months.

War Machine Dawg
02-21-2016, 06:04 PM
What WJ said. SDSU is a steaming pile. We probably aren't as bad as we looked against FAU, but it's certainly not encouraging.

Coach34
02-21-2016, 07:46 PM
FAU is probably a top 30-40 team...problem is they put it to us pretty good. We do have some talented Freshmen and they will get better. We just have to see what happens. No Mora excuses

weblow
02-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Guys, SDSU couldn't take infield while warming up before the game without committing 4-5 errors each pregame. In the game Friday against FAU they missed routine fly balls in the infield. I don't mean by not calling off a guy and colliding, I mean by running in and realizing the ball was over their head.

FAU is a solid team but they are not better than what we will be facing each weekend in the SEC. Without our starters pitching a hell of a lot better, we are in for another rough year.

Hopefully our starters shake the rust off and pitch like they did during our scrimmages when they looked really good against decent hitting. (Yes, I am saying we are a decent hitting team)

We start to put dominate starters on the mound that control the game and down have the walks, then we will be ok. It will hinge on this.

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 08:54 PM
Bottom line from the weekend. Hitters did way better than expected, pitchers way worse than expected. Our starting pitching was bad.....It's 4 games into the year, I'll reserve judgment until we have a few more weekends.... What I know is this, we won't hit like we did this weekend, and we better not pitch like we did this weekend...

Blackout
02-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Hitters did way better than expected

Uhhhh pump the breaks

We better do better than getting shut out by FAU. I expect to drop double digit runs on inept competition that cannot field routine balls.

DanDority
02-21-2016, 09:17 PM
FAU is probably a top 30-40 team...problem is they put it to us pretty good. We do have some talented Freshmen and they will get better. We just have to see what happens. No Mora excuses

Guys, SDSU couldn't take infield while warming up before the game without committing 4-5 errors each pregame. In the game Friday against FAU they missed routine fly balls in the infield. I don't mean by not calling off a guy and colliding, I mean by running in and realizing the ball was over their head.

FAU is a solid team but they are not better than what we will be facing each weekend in the SEC. Without our starters pitching a hell of a lot better, we are in for another rough year.

Hopefully our starters shake the rust off and pitch like they did during our scrimmages when they looked really good against decent hitting. (Yes, I am saying we are a decent hitting team)

We start to put dominate starters on the mound that control the game and down have the walks, then we will be ok. It will hinge on this.

Everyone should read these two post.

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Uhhhh pump the breaks

We better do better than getting shut out by FAU. I expect to drop double digit runs on inept competition that cannot field routine balls.

Uh I don't need to pump the brakes. They did better than expected. We hit it hard..I'm not expecting us to be a good hitting team. Thus- the better than expected. And we had 17 hits Friday dumb ass.

Coursesuper
02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
Uh I don't need to pump the brakes. They did better than expected. We hit it hard..I'm not expecting us to be a good hitting team. Thus- the better than expected. And we had 17 hits Friday dumb ass.

Ok, on 17 hits Friday night a little baseball 101. When a team has a 10-2 lead you just fill up the strike zone with fast balls. Let the other team hit your best pitch if they can just don't give away free passes. Limit the off speed stuff. Therefore a lot to hit. Yes we put the bat on the ball and had 17 hits but still didn't do crap with it. So pump those brakes.

Blackout
02-21-2016, 09:35 PM
I'm not expecting us to be a good hitting team. .

Shit I thought we are expected to host this year. We damn well better be a good hitting team, the fan base is tired of this shit.

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Ok, on 17 hits Friday night a little baseball 101. When a team has a 10-2 lead you just fill up the strike zone with fast balls. Let the other team hit your best pitch if they can just don't give away free passes. Limit the off speed stuff. Therefore a lot to hit. Yes we put the bat on the ball and had 17 hits but still didn't do crap with it. So pump those brakes.

Clearly u are as clueless as will james. We had 13 hits PRIOR to them taking the lead in the 7th, just FYI. Thanks for a dumb ass response though.....hitting wasn the problem Friday night. In case u needed help figuring that out. Go read my first post on this subject- pitching sucked this weekend - it was disappointing. In every game.

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Shit I thought we are expected to host this year. We damn well better be a good hitting team, the fan base is tired of this shit.

Maybe some think we will host, but that never came from me.....

Blackout
02-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Clearly u are as clueless as will james. We had 13 hits PRIOR to them taking the lead in the 7th, just FYI. Thanks for a dumb ass response though.

We didn't drop 2 games to FAU, one being a shutout?

We shouldn't expect Mississippi State baseball to be a good hitting team? 3 years out of a natty appearance and year EIGHT of the hitting guru?

Coursesuper
02-21-2016, 09:43 PM
Clearly u are as clueless as will james. We had 13 hits PRIOR to them taking the lead in the 7th, just FYI. Thanks for a dumb ass response though.

F O you know dick about baseball slick. And you know even less about what's going on. So keep propping that prick up.

Even better then 13 hits and 2 runs. That production!!

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:47 PM
We didn't drop 2 games to FAU, one being a shutout?

We shouldn't expect Mississippi State baseball to be a good hitting team? 3 years out of a natty appearance and year EIGHT of the hitting guru?

Surely in one of the books you've read about the game told you teams get shut out. Second, I was referring to the entire 4 game set. And we hit better than expected. And lastly, when we spend more money on pitching than hitting on scholarships, actually I expect our pitching to be better than our hitting and our pitching was sub par. I guess they don't have a book on that...

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:48 PM
F O you know dick about baseball slick. And you know even less about what's going on. So keep propping that prick up.

I've forgotten more about baseball than u will ever know. Thanks though. Sorry the facts bothered you and your stance on the matter.

Coursesuper
02-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Surely in one of the books you've read about the game told you teams get shut out. Second, I was referring to the entire 4 game set. And we hit better than expected. And lastly, when we spend more money on pitching than hitting on scholarships, actually I expect our pitching to be better than our hitting and our pitching was sub par. I guess they don't have a book on that...

No asshole not books, experience. But thanks for playing. Your going to need some Xanax for the ride your going on this year.

Blackout
02-21-2016, 09:52 PM
No Mora excuses Housedog

Homedawg
02-21-2016, 09:56 PM
No asshole not books, experience. But thanks for playing. Your going to need some Xanax for the ride your going on this year.
I wasn't responding to you stupid ass. Not unless you are will james too. Good gosh what a stupid ass. Glad to know though.

Coursesuper
02-21-2016, 10:01 PM
I wasn't responding to you stupid ass. Not unless you are will james too. Good gosh what a stupid ass. Glad to know though.

Thin skinned aren't we. You did quote what I typed so what else should I think. Its going to be a long year.

Taog Redloh
02-21-2016, 11:59 PM

So you, Coach34 and Political Hack want to try and take on Homedawg over MSU baseball?

Good luck

ScottH
02-22-2016, 12:36 AM
To put it in perspective, last year RPI.....
SDSU - 164 - think Jax State, Alabama State, Texas Southern as local comparisons. We were 132. So let that sink in. 132? <17> me. I have a 100 bucks that says the Jackrabbits would have won one last year.
FAU - 17 - yes, that horse dead horse has been beaten. I think they are a 30's rpi team this year at best. No excuse for an SEC team to go 0-2 @ home to a CUSA team. No excuse.
But interestingly.....
FIU - 137 - Don't make you Omaha reservation just yet "proud new powder blue baseball uni" Rebel Nation. Business picks up next weekend.

Hrdawg82
02-22-2016, 08:06 AM
I agree with this. The two things I hated this weekend were our starting pitching and for the 8th year in a row our situational hitting. We need 6+ from our starters against lesser competition. And it's like the only time I feel confident about getting a hit is with 2 outs and bases empty. Clean these up and we are on track to have a successful year.

Political Hack
02-22-2016, 08:48 AM
So you, Coach34 and Political Hack want to try and take on Homedawg over MSU baseball?

Good luck

I don't consider this a competition. But apparently you do. I find that strange, but please keep score for us if you're going to be tracking this regardless.

Really Clark?
02-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Thin skinned aren't we. You did quote what I typed so what else should I think. Its going to be a long year.

Um. Not jumping into the actual debate but looking back at the posts and I think you did get crossed up about who was being quoted.

Coach34
02-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Good luck

Ive known Homedawg quite awhile. All is well