PDA

View Full Version : Tupelo Comcast question

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 04:56 PM
So I get a notice from Comcast saying that I have used 90% of my available data for February. I assumed I had unlimited data. I've never received any notice like this before. Is this something new with Comcast or am I just using more data I used to?

Martianlander
02-21-2016, 07:39 PM
I haven't got that as of yet. I am supposed to have unlimited data, but they change the rules whenever they want. I did get a price increase which I have questioned them about and have gotten no answer.

BulldogBear
02-21-2016, 08:13 PM
They give you four months to go over before they actually charge you, but... here's what that is:

Don't use their hotspots. Only use real wifi that's either free or that you otherwise have access to. Whenever you look at wifi networks on your phone and see "cablewifi" and or "xfinity" that's basically what that is. Do whatever you have to do on your phone to not use it (I don't know how your setup is).

Anyway, that's what that is. When your using their network of hotspots for data on your mobile device. Your home internet is still unlimited!! Hope that helps.

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Are you sure the home is unlimited? That is all I'm using unless my kids are getting on at school. I know we are streaming more than usual at home because we got Apple TV and my little girl watches YouTube and Netflix constantly but I don't think we use any hotspots

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 08:24 PM
Also I bought my own modem not long ago and returned the comcast one back to them. Could that have anything to do with it?

Dawgface
02-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Also I bought my own modem not long ago and returned the comcast one back to them. Could that have anything to do with it?

It shouldn't. I had unlimited but somewhere along the way I found out Comcast implemented a 300 GB cap. You can keep tabs on your usage at the below link. I haven't come close to reaching my limit.

https://customer.xfinity.com/MyServices/Internet/

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 09:29 PM
That is what I'm getting. The. 300 cap. Guess we are doing way too much streaming because we've reached the cap