PDA

View Full Version : Luke Reynolds

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Guy told me yesterday that Luke Reynolds was released. Probably Germans but does anyone know why. Wasn't he one of the better hitters by end of last year?

Taog Redloh
02-22-2016, 12:02 AM
He was not great during the fall/spring, not sure what went on there. If I were the coach, I'd give first shot at the guys who produced for me last year regardless of practice (assuming the effort was there), but Cohen has never run the program that way. He makes the big bucks not me.

Todd4State
02-22-2016, 12:38 AM
He has to improve his defense. I hate it for him, but that's the main reason. And yes, Gavin had major problems there this weekend and if he isn't better we'll move him and play someone like Humphreys, LA, or Stovall there. Preferably Humphreys if you want my two cents.

ScottH
02-22-2016, 12:53 AM
Preferably Humphreys if you want my two cents.

Other than one practice this was my first time to see Humphreys at 3rd. Looked natural.

Collins looks forced at 3rd plus between Lindgren residual mental effects and his Hammett bone, I'm not sure he will ever be right behind the plate. Where does that leave him? Doesn't look like he's moving Kruger out of DH.

I'm not sure there isn't a position Alexander can't play.

djaymsu5
02-22-2016, 08:33 AM
A good infielder should be able to play all positions on the infield except for maybe 1st and catcher ofcourse. Alexander is just an athlete and Humphreys played short in highschool and has play 3rd in travel ball more than likely.

djaymsu5
02-22-2016, 08:36 AM
I know for a fact Gentry was asked to redshirt this year and said to hell with that and quit and I wouldn't doubt it if the same thing happened to Reynolds.

maroonmania
02-22-2016, 10:53 AM
I know for a fact Gentry was asked to redshirt this year and said to hell with that and quit and I wouldn't doubt it if the same thing happened to Reynolds.

Nothing tougher that I know of in college sports than managing a college baseball roster with the new rules and never knowing for sure what HS signees and JRs are going to do draft wise. I actually think we ended up keeping more of our high level HS signees than Cohen and staff would have ever projected and it put us in a bad way trying to work scholly money and roster spots for this team. I'm glad I don't have the job that Cohen's got, almost no way not to piss off somebody when you get into a situation like that. Now if you go the Polk route and rarely sign guys that are draft risks it makes the job much easier but you will never be a meaningful player in competing for college baseball championships either.

MadDawg
02-25-2016, 12:13 PM

I was told they pulled his scholarship and told him to redshirt. "To hell with that" was his response as well.

maroonmania
02-25-2016, 12:16 PM
I was told they pulled his scholarship and told him to redshirt. "To hell with that" was his response as well.

Biggest issue there was he should have been told much, much earlier. Gentry was not an SEC level pitcher.

BorneDawg
02-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Thats right Alexander can play pretty much anywhere. He was even a decent pitcher in high school....a mid to upper 80's with good slider....

Homedawg
02-25-2016, 01:18 PM

That's not correct. Everyone who started the year on scholarship remains in scholarship and are part of the 35 man. Except zinn who is no longer here. He could have been on aid last year- baseball aid that is- and it got pulled then. But it's not like his scholarship got pulled last week. Just not true.

So we don't have 35 man roster. We have 34. Or if Parker ford , who is out for the year, is on baseball aid we have a 33 man roster. Luke was one one of the guys fighting for the 8 non scholarship spots.