PDA

View Full Version : Nothing new on UM

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 01:25 PM
I know it's only been like a week but seems like forever since any new news has come out on um. Wth. Do they have every news outlet in the country in their pocket? Seems like a news outlet would be writing stories every other day on this. When should we expect NOI to come out, or at least the next nugget to break? I guess like some have said, they could be trying to wait until enrollment takes place if they can keep it under wraps that long.

RC3
02-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I think everyone is kind of in a wait and see mode. No one in the media knows exactly what is in that NOA and basically no one is going to go all in at this point. Ole miss will wait until there is something big going on in the news before they release it. Maybe the NFL draft. That way they can get some positive coverage simultaneously because they are about to put quite a few into the league in the first day

BB30
02-21-2016, 01:33 PM
I agree, think it will be a while before anything new comes out unless other coaches are let go/resign.

gravedigger
02-21-2016, 01:34 PM
I know it's only been like a week but seems like forever since any new news has come out on um. Wth. Do they have every news outlet in the country in their pocket? Seems like a news outlet would be writing stories every other day on this. When should we expect NOI to come out, or at least the next nugget to break? I guess like some have said, they could be trying to wait until enrollment takes place if they can keep it under wraps that long.

A watched pot gathers no moss

coastdoglover
02-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Nothing will come out until the Bears are forced to put something out and they will have the ledger spin it . Only way anything will get exposed is someone talks to an outside reporter such as Forde . I firmly believe the NCAA is still talking to folks and if there was a real newspaper in this state who would you investagate this, something would surface but it is what it is

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Do we think that the 90 day release of NOI will happen? Or is there a real way they can continue to not release it?

Jack Lambert
02-21-2016, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't doubt that they have already responded. They are like the NAZI party of Germany propaganda machine. I suspect they are some really serious things and it involves Freeze and their lawyers are doing everything they can to change what was in the NOA.

Reason2succeed
02-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Didn't Rosebowl and others put in FOIA requests to Texas to find out the "damning" info and hey had on Vaughn? When should he get that back?

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Someone said a fine would be levied of like $100 if not released in 90 days. Is that $100 for anyone that has requested the NOI and not received it or is it $100/day/wk/mo etc. for not releasing it? The way it's going I bet we will see the punishment before we even see the NOI. Especially with the penalty for not releasing it being so small.

RocketDawg
02-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Didn't Rosebowl and others put in FOIA requests to Texas to find out the "damning" info and hey had on Vaughn? When should he get that back?

Somebody posted the Texas procedure and one paragraph in there was about 3rd party releases. It's been a while, but I think I read that the 3rd party, OM in this case, has to approve Texas releasing it. If that is correct, then he'll never get it because OM won't approve.

DancingRabbit
02-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Heard Freeze on the radio yesterday with a couple of ESPN clowns. They were acting like Freeze and Ole Miss were innocent victims.
Freeze was moaning about how the NOA news came out a week before signing day and that someone had ill intent to leak it.

I was thinking the recruits and parents had a right to know OM had received an NOA. Then, of course, Hugh lies to recruits about the contents of the NOA.

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 02:36 PM
If freeze is as big a hypocrite as he seems I hope he gets what he deserves. I'm not one to judge but it's so hard to buy that he is such a great person and Christian. If he was he wouldn't be complaining about someone ratting them out before signing day. He would or should've been making all allegations clear to each recruit rather than hide it.

BeastMan
02-21-2016, 02:53 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/f8/d7/61f8d756ba405645a67e1c0c647314f1.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/6e4b05513f9c2557d542e24a2fd5b298/tumblr_moysfp4aBE1rhhxyso1_500.gif

http://www.ctech.ca/Darklords/images/2010/Patient%20bear.jpg

BossDawg
02-21-2016, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't doubt that they have already responded. They are like the NAZI party of Germany propaganda machine. I suspect they are some really serious things and it involves Freeze and their lawyers are doing everything they can to change what was in the NOA.

There has to be some pretty serious (and I would guess very recent) accusations in the NOA, otherwise why not just go ahead and release it to the public? Wouldn't that prove what they have been saying all along? That there's nothing serious in it? They are just stalling to buy time and figure out how to throw as much water on this as possible.

Really Clark?
02-21-2016, 03:55 PM

They have to make the response public. They can't hide the response and wait for the COI to finalize penalties without releasing anything. That would also add to Bjork's lies or misinformation as he has stated the NOA will be released with the response.

Reason2succeed
02-21-2016, 05:30 PM
OM, the school that took FREE out of the Freedom of Information Act. It kind of goes with their whole theme of Rebels, Ole Miss, the south shall rise and such. They really are rebels.

PassInterference
02-21-2016, 05:44 PM

http://i.giphy.com/MjCgH2eZuBtcc.gif

Boodawg
02-21-2016, 06:55 PM

Ha. I kinda thought same thing.

Coackjek
02-21-2016, 10:07 PM

Watched pot doesn't get smoked. FIFY

TrapGame
02-21-2016, 10:57 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/44061386.jpg

gravedigger
02-21-2016, 11:17 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/44061386.jpg

I thought you guys were cat tonic there for a while.

gravedigger
02-21-2016, 11:23 PM

It's as plain as tits on a boar

Jack Lambert
02-22-2016, 08:50 AM
They have to make the response public. They can't hide the response and wait for the COI to finalize penalties without releasing anything. That would also add to Bjork's lies or misinformation as he has stated the NOA will be released with the response.

YOu don't think those sneaky SOB's wouldn't try?

jumbo
02-22-2016, 09:26 AM
I was going to start a new thread but I'll just post this here. I know we are all excited and giddy for OM to get blasted but if the hammer really is coming, don't we want this thing to drag out? OM has 90 days to respond to the NOA then the NCAA has 50 days (I think) to respond to that with the penalties.

I don't know the exact dates of when the 90 day response window started, but if this thing goes the distance, we are looking at July before the NCAA would rule on this. And if they do drop a show cause on Freeze and co. I want them to have to deal with that as close to the start of the season as possible. Replacing a staff a couple weeks before kickoff is a hell of a lot worse than a couple months.

TheRef
02-22-2016, 09:28 AM
I was going to start a new thread but I'll just post this here. I know we are all excited and giddy for OM to get blasted but if the hammer really is coming, don't we want this thing to drag out? OM has 90 days to respond to the NOA then the NCAA has 50 days (I think) to respond to that with the penalties.

I don't know the exact dates of when the 90 day response window started, but if this thing goes the distance, we are looking at July before the NCAA would rule on this. And if they do drop a show cause on Freeze and co. I want them to have to deal with that as close to the start of the season as possible. Replacing a staff a couple weeks before kickoff is a hell of a lot worse than a couple months.

Sorry...immediately thought of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cno20onK9dY

MedDawg
02-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Boodawg
02-22-2016, 10:13 AM

I'm with you on dragging it out, but IMO, it needs to stay in the news while it's being dragged out. It's mighty quiet at the moment. I know it'll eventually come out, but we somehow need to keep it in the news. I would love to see at least 1 article a week on their situation.

Political Hack
02-22-2016, 11:06 AM

That's a great point. It's very possible that OM could be replacing staff and/or administrators before kickoff 2016. If it's Freeze, they'll let him sit a year and then come back as HBC. I don't see this ending Freeze at OM. They know what he is and how he operates. They're proud of it and don't mind the hypocrisy. To be fair, I don't think many of us would either. In the SEC, it's "win at all costs." And that's what Freeze is doing. He's gotten them closer to relevancy than anyone since Vaught. They know and understand that probation is a small price to pay if you're looking to win the SEC. All
The big name programs that win big get popped from time to time... USC, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Penn State, Ohio State, etc... If you're not cheating, you're not going to win big. It's sad, but it's the sad truth.

The only thing that may hurt them is how far they've pushed the envelope and their lack of willingness to cooperate with the NCAA. Their former Associate Athletics Director wouldn't grant interviews with the NCAA after the first two or so. Tunsil initially lied. Bjork apparently has "another side of the story." It'll either pay off big or get them hammered. Only time will tell.

Also, this X schollies over X years is what OM is going to offer up. They have ZERO insights into what the NCAA will or won't accept. There's no way for the Bears to know that at this point in the process. So, when they say probation with 10 scholarships over 3 years, be sure to remind them that's the best case scenario because that's what OM is apparently planning on self imposing. Again, that's the BEST CASE SCENARIO for them. Also, a year ago it was "we aren't under investigation" so maybe we should take what their mouthpieces are saying with a grain of salt.

jumbo
02-22-2016, 11:10 AM
That's a great point. It's very possible that OM could be replacing staff and/or administrators before kickoff 2016. If it's Freeze, they'll let him sit a year and then come back as HBC. I don't see this ending Freeze at OM. They know what he is and how he operates. They're proud of it and don't mind the hypocrisy. To be fair, I don't think many of us would either. In the SEC, it's "win at all costs." And that's what Freeze is doing. He's gotten them closer to relevancy than anyone since Vaught. They know and understand that probation is a small price to pay if you're looking to win the SEC. All
The big name programs that win big get popped from time to time... USC, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Penn State, Ohio State, etc... If you're not cheating, you're not going to win big. It's sad, but it's the sad truth.

The only thing that may hurt them is how far they've pushed the envelope and their lack of willingness to cooperate with the NCAA. Their former Associate Athletics Director wouldn't grant interviews with the NCAA after the first two or so. Tunsil initially lied. Bjork apparently has "another side of the story." It'll either pay off big or get them hammered. Only time will tell.

Also, this X schollies over X years is what OM is going to offer up. They have ZERO insights into what the NCAA will or won't accept. There's no way for the Bears to know that at this point in the process. So, when they say probation with 10 scholarships over 3 years, be sure to remind them that's the best case scenario because that's what OM is apparently planning on self imposing. Again, that's the BEST CASE SCENARIO for them. Also, a year ago it was "we aren't under investigation" so maybe we should take what their mouthpieces are saying with a grain of salt.

If Freeze does get a show cause, it will be more than 1 year. Saunders got 8. I would expect it to at least be 3 years.

maroonmania
02-22-2016, 11:27 AM

As I've said UNM has pushed the envelope much further than most would because they've HAD to in order to have any chance to be relevant. And what the NCAA does with them is going to tell other schools a lot about whether full on cheating is truly worth it or not. In spite of their "beautiful campus", they are in a small state with limited SEC prospects (as we are) and have a heritage that is not very appealing to a lot of African-Americans plus they don't have much of a football legacy to draw recruits in with since the Johnny Vaught segregation days. Yes, those other schools you mentioned have cheated from time to time to improve but even without that they don't have NEARLY the limitations that UNM has had and are going to draw high level prospects in because of their geographic locations and winning traditions regardless. Plus they don't have the racial baggage that the Bears do. UNM has definitely gone above and beyond over the Freeze years to pull in top elite players from MANY states away in a lot of cases that were known to have their hands out. And the network has pretty much dared the NCAA to do anything about it. Well, we are about to find out if the NCAA has any fight left in them to truly make a statement or if NCAA rules have just become nothing more than window dressing.

jumbo
02-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Anyone know what Rosebowl said last night about Freeze calling the media about him?

mechdog
02-22-2016, 04:07 PM
Anyone know what Rosebowl said last night about Freeze calling the media about him?

He said that Freeze has called 6 or so people in the media asking about Steve. Steve told them that they could tell Freeze he was welcome to call him directly.

jumbo
02-22-2016, 04:14 PM
He said that Freeze has called 6 or so people in the media asking about Steve. Steve told them that they could tell Freeze he was welcome to call him directly.

asking about what? Who he is? Who his sources are?

mechdog
02-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Good question. Steve didn't really go in to detail. Really the only other thing he said pertaining to it was something like, "If I'm wrong, then why does he care?"

BossDawg
02-22-2016, 05:28 PM

Lmao @ Freeze snoopin', trying to figure out Steve's source.

Dolphus Raymond
02-22-2016, 05:51 PM
It has to suck real bad for them right now. Every day, they spend hours trying to convince one another that the NCAA investigation and resulting sanctions are minor. "Nine over three" is their mantra but they all know it will be much worse. Better them than us. Anyway, f**k Ole Miss c

Boodawg
02-22-2016, 09:53 PM
If freeze is such a savior then he should've been letting recruits know what was coming. If it's as bad as I hope it is, he's the biggest hipocrite I can think of.