PDA

View Full Version : cohens replacement...

preachermatt83
02-21-2016, 12:06 AM
I think this team is loaded and will hat a regional before its all said and done or ATLEAST be a high 2... BUT if we can't make it happen who is your choice to be our new coach.. My short list...

1- Jim Schlossnagle- (TCU Head Coach)
2- Tracy Smith- (AZ State Head Coach)
3- Josh Holiday- (Ok State Head Coach)
4- Dan Heefner- (Dallas Baptist Head Coach)
5- Cliff Godwin- (ECU Head Coach)

GreenheadDawg
02-21-2016, 12:10 AM
#1 because he has an awesome name

preachermatt83
02-21-2016, 12:11 AM
I hope that if This ends up being it for Cohen that the next coach will keep Wes Johnson. I love his approach to coaching pitchers.

Leroy Jenkins
02-21-2016, 12:11 AM
No Brantley, Raffy, or Thrill?****

How about FAUs coach, he has a good record at the Dude this year.

When I retire I may throw my name in the hat.

ShotgunDawg
02-21-2016, 12:24 AM
#3 is probably the best young coach in America. Him of Heefner. Cohen's gonna be fine though. I think this conversation will be funny by year's end.

chainedup_Dawg
02-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Coach O....somebody had to do it

War Machine Dawg
02-21-2016, 12:34 AM
Way too early for the "Fire Cohen" threads, but my list looks much different:

1. Dan McDonnell - Louisville
2. Mike Fox - North Carolina
3. Brian O'Connor - Virginia

We can afford to hire an elite coach, so open up the wallet and do it.

chainedup_Dawg
02-21-2016, 12:36 AM
If we could pull O'Connor i say do it tomorrow

War Machine Dawg
02-21-2016, 12:42 AM

My thoughts on him and Fox are you make them say no. It's what I'd expect them to say, but you call them because you never know. They've invested so much in those programs I'm not sure they'd be willing to leave, even for the SEC. But make them say no.

TUSK
02-21-2016, 01:17 AM
Mullen to State.

Dawg61
02-21-2016, 01:46 AM
Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro and Jeff Brantley. I want to see it before we die. I'm serious. I don't care if it's a colossal **** up. Atleast we had the stones to try it and we know we'll have a tough team with lots of attitude that will mash the ball. That's what I want to see most. Lots and lots of offense and attitude. Real dirtbags. No more pansy little league ball.

bulldawg28
02-21-2016, 06:07 AM
Will Clark, Rafael Palmeiro and Jeff Brantley. I want to see it before we die. I'm serious. I don't care if it's a colossal **** up. Atleast we had the stones to try it and we know we'll have a tough team with lots of attitude that will mash the ball. That's what I want to see most. Lots and lots of offense and attitude. Real dirtbags. No more pansy little league ball.

We would definitely win the presser

Dawgface
02-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Mullen to State.

He could probably handle both jobs. Couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

EngineerDawg
02-21-2016, 08:43 AM
I love message boards. What would life be without them?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-21-2016, 09:20 AM
He could probably handle both jobs. Couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

You say that until Mullen makes Hevesey the "hitting game coordinator" or some similar BS title.

BulldogBear
02-21-2016, 09:28 AM
You say that until Mullen makes Hevesey the "hitting game coordinator" or some similar BS title.

Bravo

Blackout
02-21-2016, 09:54 AM
Why can't Cohen just get out of his own ****ing way.

Go hire the best hitting coach around. Don't meddle. That's it!

Instead we got a guy who is working against his own players, and feels that HE needs to be the reason the game is won or lost.

Recruiting is the challenge here! We are actually good at that. We just seem to want to reinvent the damn game of baseball and are ****ing up the program trying to do it. Oh the balls changed? That's gonna set us back?!? Not if you aren't trying to reinvent the wheel it won't. Just. Stop. Meddling.

Fences and baseballs. Excuses excuses. Cohen needs a five year plan to re-recruit based on these things apparently. You know who else had meticulous five year plans..... Stalin.

dawgoneyall
02-21-2016, 10:34 AM
I think this team is loaded and will hat a regional before its all said and done or ATLEAST be a high 2... BUT if we can't make it happen who is your choice to be our new coach.. My short list...

1- Jim Schlossnagle- (TCU Head Coach)
2- Tracy Smith- (AZ State Head Coach)
3- Josh Holiday- (Ok State Head Coach)
4- Dan Heefner- (Dallas Baptist Head Coach)
5- Cliff Godwin- (ECU Head Coach)

Polk****.

Although I would hope the asterisks weren't needed.

preachermatt83
02-21-2016, 10:40 AM

Epic!! Well done sir!!

preachermatt83
02-21-2016, 10:41 AM
I honestly believe this year will turn out to be a good one. I like this team a lot. They seem young and cocky. It will lead to some losses but they will improve as the year progresses.

RocketDawg
02-21-2016, 11:15 AM
How much $$ would it take to get one of these guys?

Joe Schmedlap
02-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Mullen to State.

I knew this was coming. Well played.

Coach34
02-21-2016, 12:59 PM
I hope we do- but I also see if this team loses a good many early- DNF will be empty by the time SEC play starts

BB30
02-21-2016, 01:40 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how the guys respond. If there really is unrest in te locker room it could turn into a long year. hopefully that is just rumor.

dawgs
02-21-2016, 01:49 PM
I honestly believe this year will turn out to be a good one. I like this team a lot. They seem young and cocky. It will lead to some losses but they will improve as the year progresses.

the problem is losing these games early costs you the chance to host later.

DawgFromOxford
02-21-2016, 02:26 PM
Just bring in DBU's head coach and then we keep Wes Johnson. Or just promote Wes Johnson

BiscuitEater
02-21-2016, 04:31 PM

Yea .. well don't hold your breath. He just won the NC, has ton of returning players. Easier road at UVA, recruits nationally, and has tons of fan support and way more $$ than we are. May surprise you but UVA has a somewhat better rep than MSU. Shocking I know .. but it's true.

IMissJack
02-21-2016, 04:52 PM
#3 is probably the best young coach in America. Him of Heefner. Cohen's gonna be fine though. I think this conversation will be funny by year's end.

OK St has as much history as we do in baseball. Why would he leave other than an amount of money he couldn't turn down? Remember they have T. Boone Pickens money.

CarolinaDawgs
02-22-2016, 09:42 AM
Godwin was an OM guy tough to see him in Maroon.

Political Hack
02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Mullen to State.

His agent is just leaking that to try to get him a raise.

02-22-2016, 11:09 AM

Mullen would would back the infield into the grass in an effort to bend but not break.

bhamdawgfan
02-22-2016, 11:17 AM

Completely agree.

Bucky Dog
02-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Can we please lock and remove this thread for now? I'm actually surprised at Preacher for starting this. I mean at least wait until we are like 9-10 in pre SEC and get swept by Vandy and give these kids a chance.

preachermatt83
02-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Can we please lock and remove this thread for now? I'm actually surprised at Preacher for starting this. I mean at least wait until we are like 9-10 in pre SEC and get swept by Vandy and give these kids a chance.

I don't think you read the whole post. I honestly look for this team to be special. It was just a hypothetical Bc so many ppl were melting.