PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

Political Hack
02-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Hearing Cohen has some work to do to win back the players right now. Locker room isn't happy with him allegedly. Hope they can get it fixed. This season is critical to the program with the funding needed for the stadium expansion.

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 08:42 PM
3 games in and the locker room is already about to be a circus. I guess I'll have to start watching MLB again

Saltydog
02-20-2016, 08:43 PM
different but I'm sure there's a lot of truth in it. He's definitely not a player's coach.

msstate7
02-20-2016, 08:44 PM
3 games in and the locker room is already about to be a circus. I guess I'll have to start watching MLB again

Be a braves' fan... Just stick with the minor leagues this year**

maroonmania
02-20-2016, 08:47 PM
Players keep this crap up and they are going to have some work to do to win back the fans.

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Be a braves' fan... Just stick with the minor leagues this year**

I was a huge braves fan growing up. I hardly ever missed a game when they used to come on TBS. Andruw and chipper were my boys. I just quit keeping up with them as much over the last 5 or 6 years.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I heard that Cohen did some things that are absolutely horrifying in terms of team chemistry and what not. One being he told Luke Reynolds he was redshirting him this last Thursday.

Political Hack
02-20-2016, 08:56 PM

Only 3 games in and you'll see a few guys not taking the field over the next few games... We're not off to a good start for sure. Worries me because I think this team has a great make up, but if they can't form team chemistry, it won't matter.

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 08:59 PM
If this turns out to be Cohen's last year what are the chances of getting Louisville's coach?

Coach34
02-20-2016, 09:01 PM
Hearing Cohen has some work to do to win back the players right now. Locker room isn't happy with him allegedly. Hope they can get it fixed. This season is critical to the program with the funding needed for the stadium expansion.

When your team gives you a powerpoint presentation on why facial hair would be a good idea- you are on the verge of losing them every year

Coursesuper
02-20-2016, 09:03 PM

They have a very long way to go on funding for the stadium. If he has already lost them, more like never regained the players respect this is going to go really bad really fast again. If he pulls another Kentucky episode this year it's over.

Coach34
02-20-2016, 09:05 PM
And as people read this thread- Hack is an extremely good source for this baseball team. He's not throwing 3rd hand BS around

BossDawg
02-20-2016, 09:05 PM
Why do we always hear these rumors about Cohen and team chemistry? There has to be some truth to it because every year since he's been here there have been whispers about feelings getting hurt and whatnot. If that's the truth and Cohen can't get the team together then he needs to step down. Cohen could be trying too hard and thus getting frustrated. If that's so then it's just not going to work out for him, and I hate that. But in the end, MSU is a premier baseball program, and we shouldn't have to be suffering through this garbage. I'm getting painfully impatient, and I know I'm not the only one.

Damnit.

IMissJack
02-20-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm sure Scott will get this fixed**

BossDawg
02-20-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm sure Scott will get this fixed**

That thought makes me even more worried.

Backspin
02-20-2016, 09:10 PM
I heard that Cohen did some things that are absolutely horrifying in terms of team chemistry and what not. One being he told Luke Reynolds he was redshirting him this last Thursday.

Reynolds was told he could redshirt if he wanted to stay...on Feb 19 he was told...

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-20-2016, 09:15 PM
I was told today by someone on that started on the team last year that Cohen pulled almost of all of our juniors' scholarships that are hoping to get drafted this summer to give to freshmen in an attempt to save his job. Tell me, how in the world are we supposed to have a healthy locker room when Cohen is essentially takings advantage of our players?

Blackout
02-20-2016, 09:19 PM
Good riddance get the **** out John. Let's get someone who won't WASTE the talent we have

Coach34
02-20-2016, 09:20 PM
I was told today by someone on that started on the team last year that Cohen pulled almost of all of our juniors' scholarships that are hoping to get drafted this summer to give to freshmen in an attempt to save his job. Tell me, how in the world are we supposed to have a healthy locker room when Cohen is essentially takings advantage of our players?

Cohen was trying to add bigger talent to save his job. Make no mistake- his job is on the line this year and he knows it

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-20-2016, 09:20 PM
Reynolds was told he could redshirt if he wanted to stay...on Feb 19 he was told...

Even better. Yesterday.

Blackout
02-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Just give it to Wes right now and maybe this year can be salvaged.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-20-2016, 09:22 PM
Cohen was trying to add bigger talent to save his job. Make no mistake- his job is on the line this year and he knows it

I understand his motives. But how the heck are you supposed to have a healthy locker room when you've stabbed your best players in the back?

civildawg
02-20-2016, 09:22 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this. The man is trying to save his job. In case you didn't notice those juniors finished dead last in the league

Coursesuper
02-20-2016, 09:24 PM
That thought makes me even more worried.

He has already been told in no uncertain terms that if the baseball coach doesn't get it done and he doesn't have the balls to handle the situation then we can hire a new AD also.

CadaverDawg
02-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Why can't we just have 1 drama free program with a little success? Shit, if this is already starting it's going to be a miserable season

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-20-2016, 09:25 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this. The man is trying to save his job. In case you didn't notice those juniors finished dead last in the league

So you're saying pulling Hudson's, Rooker's and Houston's scholarships is a good idea? If he's trying to save his job, pissing off his best players and upper classmen isn't the best way to go about doing that.

Noxdog
02-20-2016, 09:26 PM

What's the difference in this and ZJ? Other than being 11 games too late? I hate it but either way the future is in the Freshman.

edit to say, this about LR not other JR's. Maybe he is RS? Who knows??

Bully13
02-20-2016, 09:34 PM
I'm sick of coenz. ...I'm over this shit. ....he's lost the ability to inspire his youngsters and only a dumbass wouldn't see the obvious. .....offer Reynolds a redshirt? Let's offer coenz a recruiting job. ..

Taog Redloh
02-20-2016, 10:18 PM

I think you are full of shit.

bulldogcountry1
02-20-2016, 10:20 PM
I've had enough of him. This is garbage, and anyone paying half attention can see something isn't right. He has no concept of team chemistry, and it sounds like he's doing his damndest to destroy any sign of it.

djaymsu5
02-20-2016, 10:22 PM

Yea he told Gentry the same thing and Gentry said to hell with that I quit. Can't say I blame him since it was his senior year

Coach34
02-20-2016, 10:26 PM

literally wrong at every turn

Coursesuper
02-20-2016, 10:27 PM

Nope, but you are. And you are incredibly uninformed.

chainedup_Dawg
02-20-2016, 10:35 PM
If this turns out to be Cohen's last year what are the chances of getting Louisville's coach?

If I'm not mistaken, and if it's the same guy that it was the last couple of years (i don't pay attention to Louisville) then he is a big OM guy, right?

Bucky Dog
02-20-2016, 10:37 PM
My biggest issue with Cohen has been that he doesn't pick a starting lineup and stay with it. I have said it the past two years that screwing around with who plays, who hits where and whatnot just is not goo in baseball. That will create a lack of chemistry as it creates too much competition and animosity in the clubhouse. If the coach chooses his starters and everyone knows their role, they respect him and can get comfortable in the lineup. No one knows if they are playing when they show up everyday, or where the will be playing or batting in the lineup. He just over thinks everything way too much!

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 10:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken, and if it's the same guy that it was the last couple of years (i don't pay attention to Louisville) then he is a big OM guy, right?

His name is Dan McDonnell. He graduated from the Citadel. He was an asst. at umiss for a few years. I have no idea if he is a bear fan though. I just really like Louisville's style of play and would love to see that at the Dude on a regular basis

chainedup_Dawg
02-20-2016, 10:53 PM
I just really like Louisville's style of play and would love to see that at the Dude on a regular basis

Oh i agree. I was thinking he had more OM ties than that. I think there were rumors that he was interested if OM came open though. Would be behind it if we put out feelers though

ScottH
02-20-2016, 10:59 PM
His name is Dan McDonnell. He graduated from the Citadel. He was an asst. at umiss for a few years. I have no idea if he is a bear fan though. I just really like Louisville's style of play and would love to see that at the Dude on a regular basis

McDonnell isn't leaving Louisville. Baseball coach movement is a little different than football.

First call should be to Cliff Godwin at ECU.

He will have his pick of schools. UM, LSU, UF, Miami etc. He loved his time at UM and in Oxford. He is still close friends with their staff. I'll match any bet he is their unofficial coach in waiting.

civildawg
02-20-2016, 11:00 PM
So you're saying pulling Hudson's, Rooker's and Houston's scholarships is a good idea? If he's trying to save his job, pissing off his best players and upper classmen isn't the best way to go about doing that.

If Cohen thinks it's a good idea then he has to do it. Guy knows it's do or die so he's going to have to take risks. It's his team, he makes the decisions not any of us

Coach34
02-20-2016, 11:02 PM
McDonnell isn't leaving Louisville. Baseball coach movement is a little different than football.

First call should be to Cliff Godwin at ECU.

He will have his pick of schools. UM, LSU, UF, Miami etc. He loved his time at UM and in Oxford. He is still close friends with their staff. I'll match any bet he is their unofficial coach in waiting.

Bianco isnt going anywhere anytime soon- so McDonell will do whats best for him. Much like getting Howland- we wont have a problem finding a new coach if we have to go that route

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 11:05 PM
Oh i agree. I was thinking he had more OM ties than that. I think there were rumors that he was interested if OM came open though. Would be behind it if we put out feelers though

Yea I have no idea. He may very well have more bear ties than that. But I hope he'd be on strick's list if this season does go south.

ScottH
02-20-2016, 11:07 PM
Bianco isnt going anywhere anytime soon- so McDonell will do whats best for him. Much like getting Howland- we wont have a problem finding a new coach if we have to go that route

Howland didn't have a job.

McDonnell is already a top 10 paid coach. He is well entrenched in the city. And Louisville is committed.

No doubt we'll get a great coach. Like I said I'd call Godwin first.

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 11:14 PM

McDonnell is already a top 10 paid coach. He is well entrenched in the city. And Louisville is committed.

Godwin was the hitting coach at UM a few years ago. He wasn't brain washed by the psychos there too was he?

chainedup_Dawg
02-20-2016, 11:21 PM
I have no doubt we'll find a great coach if it comes down to it. I just hope we can find a guy with a history of teams that play with fire in their gut. We have played uninspired for so long I'm tired of watching it

Coach34
02-20-2016, 11:22 PM

Cohen is a top 5 paid coach at a blue blood SEC school about to build a baseball mecca...we will be fine

BayouDawg
02-20-2016, 11:30 PM
Cohen is a top 5 paid coach at a blue blood SEC school about to build a baseball mecca...we will be fine

There's really no reason why we can't have a solid program year in and year out. We should be able to reload and be in the national conversation every year. We have the money and facilities to hire a damn competent staff. Who knows, maybe Cohen can get it together. I'm not holding my breath on that one though

maroonmania
02-20-2016, 11:44 PM
I guess I don't understand. I mean we have all of these folks giving Cohen ultimatums that he better win or else, yet then we have people complaining when he signs possibly the most highly regarded freshman class ever and gives them the bulk of the scholarship money to get them to come to school when many could have gone pro. Yes, I'm sure some of the veterans certainly don't like it but we were essentially the worst team in the SEC last year! What did those players expect Cohen to do assuming Cohen wants to keep coaching here which I think he does? I hate the way things are with scholly money and roster restrictions in college baseball but Cohen didn't make the rules. Probably should have given a few guys more warning but everyone on the team KNEW that we had to get down to 35 to start the season. I have NO doubt that Cohen probably could handle a LOT of things better with the players but he has to be the one to make tough decisions on scholly money and roster decisions and he needs to make those trying to put the best players on the field to win some freakin' games. We've already had Polk use the approach to keep players on scholly that weren't producing and never cut players if they were veterans and that didn't work so great in his 2nd stint very well either. Sorry, but most good college players are only around for 3 years so if they aren't producing by their SO seasons they probably aren't going to give you much more. Just seems like a lot of fans here want it both ways and that's difficult when trying to turn a program around quickly from a year like last year. Now, with that said, I am surprised about Reynolds. I mean our 3 best hitters last year, and wasn't even that close, were Robson, Cody Brown and Reynolds and one of those guys is apparently now off the team (Reynolds) and another (Brown) has been MIA the first 3 games.

OSCAR
02-21-2016, 09:48 AM

Yep...ding ding ding! Here is the problem. I'm not going to pretend to follow the baseball offseason but Reynolds was a consistent veteran leader.

That's like asking a girl you were engaged to who gained some weight to postpone the wedding and you expect the family to all still like you.

Backwoodsdawg
02-21-2016, 10:22 AM

Unfortunately Taog, hack is correct. Word is he is lying to the kids about what their rolls are. Telling them they will have big opportunities then totally going in different direction. This can and is already not sitting well with the players old and new. There are certain kids on this team that bring swagger to the line up. They have the wow and it factor and are winners and they have been talked about on here a lot. They make the other players play harder because of the way they play the game and they are sitting in the dugout for most of the game.

dawgoneyall
02-21-2016, 10:36 AM

Heard some of the really big shots are unhappy with Cohen.

Big money talks. That's life.

Coursesuper
02-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Heard some of the really big shots are unhappy with Cohen.

Big money talks. That's life.

It's been that way for awhile now.

Political Hack
02-21-2016, 11:14 AM
To be clear, I am still a Cohen fan. I think he knows how to build and develop a program. I think he's just an old school grit and guts type player and he expects these kids of today to be the same. It's not like that anymore. You have to approach kids differently.

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately Taog, hack is correct. Word is he is lying to the kids about what their rolls are. Telling them they will have big opportunities then totally going in different direction. This can and is already not sitting well with the players old and new. There are certain kids on this team that bring swagger to the line up. They have the wow and it factor and are winners and they have been talked about on here a lot. They make the other players play harder because of the way they play the game and they are sitting in the dugout for most of the game.

Granted I know next to nothing about what goes on with this team. However it seems to me that about everyone is getting a chance to play so not sure who would be complaining able it playing time. Muerlins is horrible for playing upperclassmen over more talented freshman and Cohen is horrible for cutting upperclassmen for more talented freshmen. Which way do you guys?

Joe Schmedlap
02-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Lots of good points here.

I guess I don't understand. I mean we have all of these folks giving Cohen ultimatums that he better win or else, yet then we have people complaining when he signs possibly the most highly regarded freshman class ever and gives them the bulk of the scholarship money to get them to come to school when many could have gone pro. Yes, I'm sure some of the veterans certainly don't like it but we were essentially the worst team in the SEC last year! What did those players expect Cohen to do assuming Cohen wants to keep coaching here which I think he does? I hate the way things are with scholly money and roster restrictions in college baseball but Cohen didn't make the rules. Probably should have given a few guys more warning but everyone on the team KNEW that we had to get down to 35 to start the season. I have NO doubt that Cohen probably could handle a LOT of things better with the players but he has to be the one to make tough decisions on scholly money and roster decisions and he needs to make those trying to put the best players on the field to win some freakin' games. We've already had Polk use the approach to keep players on scholly that weren't producing and never cut players if they were veterans and that didn't work so great in his 2nd stint very well either. Sorry, but most good college players are only around for 3 years so if they aren't producing by their SO seasons they probably aren't going to give you much more. Just seems like a lot of fans here want it both ways and that's difficult when trying to turn a program around quickly from a year like last year. Now, with that said, I am surprised about Reynolds. I mean our 3 best hitters last year, and wasn't even that close, were Robson, Cody Brown and Reynolds and one of those guys is apparently now off the team (Reynolds) and another (Brown) has been MIA the first 3 games.

Political Hack
02-21-2016, 12:44 PM
I can sympathize with maroonmania too. I understand why he'd use the underclassmen to push the upperclassmen, but not at the expense of getting our butts whipped by FAU. Develop players, use competition, etc... but not at the expense of winning. We're 1-2 with a relatively soft opening weekend and a brutal schedule throughout the rest of the season. We can't afford to lose games to Directional College of the State University from the SWAC this season. It's time to win ball games.

Blackout
02-21-2016, 12:44 PM
To be clear, I am still a Cohen fan. I think he knows how to build and develop a program. I think he's just an old school grit and guts type player and he expects these kids of today to be the same. It's not like that anymore. You have to approach kids differently.

I don't think it's that all the way. I think he thinks "this is how we have to play baseball to win in this ballpark" and tries to mold people into that when his premise is completely off base to begin with. He overthinks everything and doesn't just do what will lead to the real success.

1. Hitting coach
2. Stop meddling
3. Achieve success

Coach34
02-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Granted I know next to nothing about what goes on with this team. However it seems to me that about everyone is getting a chance to play so not sure who would be complaining able it playing time. Muerlins is horrible for playing upperclassmen over more talented freshman and Cohen is horrible for cutting upperclassmen for more talented freshmen. Which way do you guys?

It's just hard to fathom with the problems we have had hitting- a guy that hit .300 last year for us cant even get a spot on the team this year.

And when you get shutout by a team that had you down 10-2 the day before- it looks even more stupid.

It's win or be gone this season- Cohen is coaching for his job. We'll see where it goes- but it's not off to a rousing start

AROB44
02-21-2016, 12:59 PM
It's just hard to fathom with the problems we have had hitting- a guy that hit .300 last year for us cant even get a spot on the team this year.

And when you get shutout by a team that had you down 10-2 the day before- it looks even more stupid.

It's win or be gone this season- Cohen is coaching for his job. We'll see where it goes- but it's not off to a rousing start

I have to say that I just don't believe this....maybe the majority of this board agrees, but not me. Seem to hear this on every coach whose team is currently playing. Guess Howland will be on the hot seat next year after the first loss.

maroonmania
02-21-2016, 01:01 PM

Well where the heck is Cody Brown? Has he even had an AB? He was the best overall hitter we had last year in terms of both average and power. Where is he?

Blackout
02-21-2016, 01:33 PM
I have to say that I just don't believe this....maybe the majority of this board agrees, but not me. Seem to hear this on every coach whose team is currently playing. Guess Howland will be on the hot seat next year after the first loss.

Don't be retarded Cohen was awful his first 2 years and it was understood as to why. Howland will be much improved though, Cohen regressed in year 2. Cohen came in DFL in the league last year.

No Mora Excuses

ScottH
02-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Well where the heck is Cody Brown? Has he even had an AB? He was the best overall hitter we had last year in terms of both average and power. Where is he?

Played 3 or 4 innings vs SDSU on Saturday.

dawgman
02-21-2016, 02:50 PM
What about pulling scholarships. From what limited knowledge I have, with the NCAA imposed limits, most of the baseball players at MSU have academic scholarships which are not revocable by Cohen.

maroonmania
02-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Played 3 or 4 innings vs SDSU on Saturday.

Well that's good, I quit watching that one after we had the game well in hand.

Backwoodsdawg
02-21-2016, 03:32 PM

Just remembered too how about Holland starting yesterday after practicing zero times in the fall and only 3 times this whole spring! Bet that went over like a turd in the punch bowl with some of the guys that have worked their asses off for the chance to play the last 7 months! That's the kind of stuff that will totally ruin a team chemistry. The whole Cody Brown and Mike Smith thing is a mystery because they have played excellent but can't even get a start against a team from south Dakota that probably has only had 3 practices all year because of the cold!

War Machine Dawg
02-21-2016, 03:36 PM

You can't really compare football to baseball in terms of when to play players. In baseball, the best players are gone in 3 years regardless. If you don't have a steady stream of 3 year guys, you're going to suck. In football, 3 year guys aren't common unless you're Bama or LSU. If a guy blows you away early or if the upperclassman is clearly struggling, that's when you plug in the young guy. But in baseball, you play the young guys as quickly as possible or risk getting 2 years tops from them.

Also, anyone else smell Bear scat with this guy? I mean, "Muerlins"?

Coach34
02-21-2016, 03:40 PM
Just remembered too how about Holland starting yesterday after practicing zero times in the fall and only 3 times this whole spring! Bet that went over like a turd in the punch bowl with some of the guys that have worked their asses off for the chance to play the last 7 months!

See- that doesnt bother me much. Guys that started and played pretty well last year should get 1st shot at it. If they dont produce, then next guy up. It's ridiculous Brown isnt playing- down right criminal

Backwoodsdawg
02-21-2016, 03:51 PM
See- that doesnt bother me much. Guys that started and played pretty well last year should get 1st shot at it. If they dont produce, then next guy up. It's ridiculous Brown isnt playing- down right criminal

It doesn't bother you because your not playing and haven't worked your ass off to play! That's my point! This thread started about TEAM chemistry or lack of it. I'm just saying that hasn't sent a very popular message amongst the players

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 03:58 PM
You can't really compare football to baseball in terms of when to play players. In baseball, the best players are gone in 3 years regardless. If you don't have a steady stream of 3 year guys, you're going to suck. In football, 3 year guys aren't common unless you're Bama or LSU. If a guy blows you away early or if the upperclassman is clearly struggling, that's when you plug in the young guy. But in baseball, you play the young guys as quickly as possible or risk getting 2 years tops from them.

Also, anyone else smell Bear scat with this guy? I mean, "Muerlins"?

Which is exactly my point. They are talking about being upset with Reynolds getting cut but if the freshmen are better the. Cohen made the right call. Right??? Is this not the exact same thing we bitch about when talking about Mullen? He plays upperclassmen when the younger players are better.
I'm not coming mating the two sports. I'm pointing to the fact that it's a tough call for the coach to make. Do you go with the vet because he's been around and "earned" it or do you go with the talent?

Guess this is where I should get pissed about being called a bear but I'm gonna let that go. If enforcer wants to look into it then feel free.

Just stated my opinion.

IMissJack
02-21-2016, 04:48 PM
The sad part about our baseball program is my kids have no idea of how we used to dominate with the big boys every year, and rule the state of MS. Might as well be history of the Whig party to them. We can't seem to keep any momentum anymore. No toughness.

RougeDawg
02-21-2016, 05:13 PM
What about pulling scholarships. From what limited knowledge I have, with the NCAA imposed limits, most of the baseball players at MSU have academic scholarships which are not revocable by Cohen.

I don't think it's that all the way. I think he thinks "this is how we have to play baseball to win in this ballpark" and tries to mold people into that when his premise is completely off base to begin with. He overthinks everything and doesn't just do what will lead to the real success.

1. Hitting coach
2. Stop meddling
3. Achieve success

BBBBBBINGO!!!

Coach34
02-21-2016, 07:48 PM
It doesn't bother you because your not playing and haven't worked your ass off to play! That's my point! This thread started about TEAM chemistry or lack of it. I'm just saying that hasn't sent a very popular message amongst the players

Even if I was playing- if the guy ahead of me had started 55 games the previous season- I would completely understand him getting 1st shot to produce

Coach34
02-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Which is exactly my point. They are talking about being upset with Reynolds getting cut but if the freshmen are better the. Cohen made the right call. Right???.

Reynolds hit .300 last year- we in no way know that we have a freshman that can do that this year. So how are they better?

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 08:05 PM
We don't know who is better but apparently the coaches feel the younger guys are or maybe they just felt we need to keep pitchers instead of offense. And I'm not saying that I agree with decision. I'm just saying that this appears to be the exact opposite complaint that we have of Mullen playing over young guys that we perceive to be better.
I think it comes down to potential. Does Cohen run off a freshman that he thinks has more potential or keep a veteran that may or may not have reached his ceiling. I hate that he has to make that choice at all. I know if it was my kid I would be extremely upset. I guess there is no good answer to the problem in baseball as long as the rules stay the wat they are now

Alphadog
02-21-2016, 08:17 PM
For you baseball guys, is it necessary to have as many pitchers as we have on our roster? It would seem to me that this is where Reynolds spot was taken. I'm assuming the reason we have so many is tournament time? Would this be a correct assumption?

Blackout
02-21-2016, 08:31 PM
For you baseball guys, is it necessary to have as many pitchers as we have on our roster? It would seem to me that this is where Reynolds spot was taken. I'm assuming the reason we have so many is tournament time? Would this be a correct assumption?

Never know who will pan out and who won't until the lights come on. Limit the risk, bring in a ton of talent, and find the guys that can lead in the playoffs.

Todd4State
02-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Which is exactly my point. They are talking about being upset with Reynolds getting cut but if the freshmen are better the. Cohen made the right call. Right??? Is this not the exact same thing we bitch about when talking about Mullen? He plays upperclassmen when the younger players are better.
I'm not coming mating the two sports. I'm pointing to the fact that it's a tough call for the coach to make. Do you go with the vet because he's been around and "earned" it or do you go with the talent?

Guess this is where I should get pissed about being called a bear but I'm gonna let that go. If enforcer wants to look into it then feel free.

Just stated my opinion.

The rumor I heard was Reynolds was asked to redshirt and then decided to quit because of that.

I don't understand the complaint about Holland starting a game- he didn't scrimmage a lot because of injuries.

Everyone bitched about Cohen and his meddling- and so he keeps playing the same guys for the most part- and now I see people complaining that Cody Brown didn't get to play.

dawgoneyall
02-21-2016, 09:42 PM
Reynolds hit .300 last year- we in no way know that we have a freshman that can do that this year. So how are they better?

There has to be more about him getting cut than meets the eye.
Cohen get be an asshole at times. I lost any respect for Cohen when he sit Heck last year during a series when his parents came from Washington state to see him play and Heck never played an inning. That was on purpose and demonstrated what type of person Cohen really is. (Now why did he do that....one will have to ask Cohen). That did it for me. I don't want that type of person having anything to do with MSU.

maroonmania
02-22-2016, 11:49 AM
The rumor I heard was Reynolds was asked to redshirt and then decided to quit because of that.

I don't understand the complaint about Holland starting a game- he didn't scrimmage a lot because of injuries.

Everyone bitched about Cohen and his meddling- and so he keeps playing the same guys for the most part- and now I see people complaining that Cody Brown didn't get to play.

I don't think I've ever heard any complaint about Cody Brown getting playing time that I know of. Not only does the guy generally produce but he goes all out 100% all the time.