PDA

View Full Version : TV Meteorologist arrested for growing pot--has MSU shirt on in mugshot

Beaver
02-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/meteorologist-busted-for-growing-pot_us_56c47f18e4b08ffac1271696)

Any weather guys from a few years back know this girl? Chances are she did the distance program online, but she probably made a few visits to campus.

mstatefan91
02-20-2016, 02:22 AM
How anything to do with marijuana is still a felony is mind boggling.. I'm not saying free reign on the stuff but really?

The big question is whether the guns were legal or not (silencers probably being the issue), but maybe that doesn't have anything to do with the lettering of the law which again is BS.

Big question, why the f*ck would they not get rid of everything after a knock and talk?! Are they just stupid?

Gordon Gekko
02-20-2016, 06:17 AM
Police arrested the couple after someone contacted their Text-a-Tip Program anonymously. After performing a "knock and talk" at the house, they returned with a search warrant, they said.

Snitches get stitches...

Joe Schmedlap
02-20-2016, 07:43 AM
I don't understand the felony charge either. Seems as if the LE officials just conveniently trumped up the charges simply because the husband owned a couple of pistols and a handful of rifles. Does Mary Jane erase the 2nd Amendment? This will be downgraded to misdemeanor charges, or at least it should.

woozman
02-20-2016, 07:55 AM
How anything to do with marijuana is still a felony is mind boggling.. I'm not saying free reign on the stuff but really?

I agree - 5 plants, really? Those were obviously for personal use - who the 17 cares....

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-20-2016, 08:05 AM
I don't understand the felony charge either. Seems as if the LE officials just conveniently trumped up the charges simply because the husband owned a couple of pistols and a handful of rifles. Does Mary Jane erase the 2nd Amendment? This will be downgraded to misdemeanor charges, or at least it should.

just noticed the "fire-arm enhanced cultivation" tidbit

Dawg61
02-20-2016, 09:11 AM
I agree - 5 plants, really? Those were obviously for personal use - who the 17 cares....

In Alaska everyone is allowed upto 6 plants for personal use. Everyone. Marijuana laws being different from State to State is just ruhtarded.

DancingRabbit
02-20-2016, 09:57 AM
If they had a bigger crop, they could afford to pay off the local law enforcement. Cannabis is Kentucky's largest cash crop.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2016, 10:08 AM
In Alaska everyone is allowed upto 6 plants for personal use. Everyone. Marijuana laws being different from State to State is just ruhtarded.

It's actually the very essence of how this country was founded. A weak federal govt with a narrowly defined mission and a strong state/local govt tar better knows what's best for its citizens and has the ability to govern accordingly.

Dawg61
02-20-2016, 10:15 AM
It's actually the very essence of how this country was founded. A weak federal govt with a narrowly defined mission and a strong state/local govt tar better knows what's best for its citizens and has the ability to govern accordingly.

I didn't say all state laws being different is ruhtarded. Just this one. Can't you agree in current times traveling between states is much more common than it was in 1776 when you had to get on a horse to travel?

JDog13
02-20-2016, 10:39 AM
HAILSTATE

dawgs
02-20-2016, 11:02 AM

In Oregon, medical card holders can grow up to 6 and everyone can grow up to 4.

dawgs
02-20-2016, 11:05 AM

It's one thing to have slightly different regulations of legal weed state to state, like with alcohol. It's dumb that weed is 100% legal within those regulations in DC, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado, but a FELONY everywhere else. Now that is dumb.