PDA

View Full Version : Our players...

MoreCowbell
02-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Growing up and until recently I remember we had players that were intense and had a swagger/attitude about them. They weren't flashy, they were beat your ass every pitch and let you hear about it type of players. Seems the players we have lately, while talented, seem timid and and lack that confidence/swagger. The 2013' team had some players with that "edge"(Holder, Graveman, Renfroe, Girodo, Slaughter) and that's the last I have seen of it. I see a little of it in Gridley, he's pretty intense. I realize it's the first game and we have some freshman but it was same way last year. I wish Cohen would rely less on crunching #'s and put the 9 guys out there that want to dominate and kick the s**t out of other teams. Baseball is 90% mental. The physical part is there if Cohen can just get these guys to develop that edge. I fear though that it's not something that can be taught, you either have it or you don't. It is the first game though and hopefully these guys develope that killer instinct. Just my two cents.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2016, 08:29 AM
It's got to come from somewhere