PDA

View Full Version : No Mora excuses

Coach34
02-19-2016, 09:40 PM
Better finish top 6 in the SEC or be prepared to look for another job

Blackout
02-19-2016, 10:00 PM
His go to excuse this year will be that we are young... First year with new pitching coach...

Homedawg
02-19-2016, 10:01 PM
Better finish top 6 in the SEC or be prepared to look for another job

If we go to a regional he won't be fired....

Coach34
02-19-2016, 10:11 PM
If we go to a regional he won't be fired....

Probably not- but if we are 7th or 8th out of the SEC- I could see the Big Boys winning. We've already lost millions in donations specifically because of donors not liking Cohen. Strick has already been put on alert

Coursesuper
02-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Probably not- but if we are 7th or 8th out of the SEC- I could see the Big Boys winning. We've already lost millions in donations specifically because of donors not liking Cohen. Strick has already been put on alert

Bingo!!! This is very accurate.

War Machine Dawg
02-19-2016, 10:35 PM

Other than the obvious on-the-field results, why don't the donors like Cohen? I can see how his personality might rub some the wrong way, but you had to know that about him up front.

Blackout
02-19-2016, 10:43 PM
We don't do "headed in the right direction" at this school with this sport. "Getting to a regional" is not the minimum goal. 3 seed is unacceptable. And we better be a non-national seeded 2 seed if it comes to that. Last year skyrocketed the interest rate on our loan to John. Time to pay up.

No. More. ****ing. Excuses.

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 10:44 PM
We are going to be a really good team. New guys can hit. Damn it is one game, really one shitty inning. They had every starter back from a 42 win team.

shoeless joe
02-19-2016, 10:46 PM
And so it begins...

Lack of knowledge/stupidity breeds over reaction.

msstate7
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
And so it begins...

Lack of knowledge/stupidity breeds over reaction.

Yeah, 1 loss is no reason to overreact. Now if we lose another this weekend, Cohen should be fired Monday**

Coach34
02-19-2016, 11:07 PM
We are going to be a really good team. New guys can hit. Damn it is one game, really one shitty inning. They had every starter back from a 42 win team.

If so- then no worries. But each loss is going to build for a coach that is coaching for his job in 2016

Bully13
02-19-2016, 11:14 PM
Cohen can suck me. ..I was so done with him yesterday

engie
02-19-2016, 11:15 PM
Wait -- so you really thought this was a team that we couldn't lose to?

That team was a gnats ass from hosting last year.

SapperDawg
02-19-2016, 11:33 PM
If so- then no worries. But each loss is going to build for a coach that is coaching for his job in 2016

Are we really at 3 wins 22 losses over the last 25 games? I knew the end to last season sucked balls, but:

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo192/scumglove/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsi6cescvc.jpeg (http://s375.photobucket.com/user/scumglove/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsi6cescvc.jpeg.html)

Had no idea it was that bad, guess I stopped paying much attention. It is past time to get this shit fixed.

bobcat91
02-20-2016, 12:01 AM
Too many idiots who don't know s*** about baseball. Go cry over football

Coach34
02-20-2016, 12:15 AM
Too many idiots who don't know s*** about baseball. Go cry over football

Well, I do know shit about baseball. Im a very good baseball mind- playing the sport beyond HS and winning awards as a coach of it. I'm not dissecting play after play or anything like it.

Giving up 10 runs in your opener with your supposed Ace on the mound is unacceptable. Cohen is coaching for his job.

Just win Baby.

Leroy Jenkins
02-20-2016, 12:43 AM
On cue.... We were young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcvkcCWaCzM

bobcat91
02-20-2016, 12:53 AM
Talk about it after 20 games is reasonable. Talk about it after 1 game is asinine. They are a team who returns most of their starters and threw there ace. We played 11 freshmen.

mstatefan91
02-20-2016, 02:15 AM
Excuses for baseball are dwindling. Sh*t or get off the pot. Win the two games tomorrow, and I'll feel better. Lose 1/2 and I'll be meh. Lose both, and I'll firmly believe that the players aren't the issue.

Intramural All-American
02-20-2016, 07:15 AM
Well, I do know shit about baseball. Im a very good baseball mind- playing the sport beyond HS and winning awards as a coach of it. I'm not dissecting play after play or anything like it.

Giving up 10 runs in your opener with your supposed Ace on the mound is unacceptable. Cohen is coaching for his job.

Just win Baby.

Our ace gave up 2 in the shaky first inning and struck out 8 over 5. He was pulled early rightly so due to being on a first game pitch count.

MarketingBully
02-20-2016, 08:04 AM
If we bounce back and get to 3-1, we should be able to salvage this weekend. If Cohen does have a bad year this year, we should be all in on whatever it takes to get that Louisville coach.

Blackout
02-20-2016, 08:43 AM
We need to be 9-1 heading to California.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2016, 08:45 AM
Our program has to be mentally tough. From the top. Being mentally tough makes you turn 17 hits into big runs when they matter. Being mentally tough makes pitchers not lose the zone or get beat with their secondary stuff. Our program hasn't been mentally tough for awhile. Players have to have some of it in them already but it can be beaten into them. And it must be beaten into them all the time. The measuring stick for it is on the field in the games and it's easy to see when its there and glaring when it's not. Been too long not seeing it. I'm sorry but our program is soft and it starts at the top.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2016, 08:50 AM
And to add I NEVER expect us to make a big pitch or have a big AB. It's horrible and if I see it I know the opposing coaches see it. It's a mentality of "we know someone is gonna get that hit or make that pitch" and we don't have it as a program. Maybe that's why we are playing so many youngs but shit we shouldn't be rebuilding in that department. That mentality should be the culture from day 1.

Dawg61
02-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Our program has to be mentally tough. From the top. Being mentally tough makes you turn 17 hits into big runs when they matter. Being mentally tough makes pitchers not lose the zone or get beat with their secondary stuff. Our program hasn't been mentally tough for awhile. Players have to have some of it in them already but it can be beaten into them. And it must be beaten into them all the time. The measuring stick for it is on the field in the games and it's easy to see when its there and glaring when it's not. Been too long not seeing it. I'm sorry but our program is soft and it starts at the top.

Cohen sucks. He manages scared offense. This will be his last year here.

I seen it dawg
02-20-2016, 08:54 AM
Who do we have that's 3 year guys? Hump, Hudson, Collins, Sexton, Robson, Brown....the only one out of that group that we KNOW from on the field observation that is a gamer with stones is Brown and maybe Sexton...the culture has to be infectious and beaten into the program.