PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE JUST STFU!

BHildreth3
02-19-2016, 08:35 PM
"it's baseball"

If we win 10-2 tomorrow it's all good. Everyone just wants an Ole Miss probation and our baseball team to win 20-0 on opening day with 5 bombs. Just stop. Our schedule is tough this year. We are going to be fine. Now, keep on drinking and enjoy your Friday night.

Bully13
02-19-2016, 08:48 PM
"it's baseball"

If we win 10-2 tomorrow it's all good. Everyone just wants an Ole Miss probation and our baseball team to win 20-0 on opening day with 5 bombs. Just stop. Our schedule is tough this year. We are going to be fine. Now, keep on drinking and enjoy your Friday night.

Go 17. .never mind

JohnnyQuid
02-19-2016, 08:51 PM
"it's baseball"

are we the only sec team to lose its opener? not an insane request. and GOD fans wanna win the first game ? no way. that's shit

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 09:30 PM
This team won 42 games last year. We had a bad inning of walks and chinkers. Shit we had 17 hits. A long season is ahead of us.

Bothrops
02-19-2016, 09:37 PM
We're gonna lose several games before the conference schedule begins. Just get prepared, our schedule is tough up front.

Coursesuper
02-19-2016, 09:47 PM
This team won 42 games last year. We had a bad inning of walks and chinkers. Shit we had 17 hits. A long season is ahead of us.

Bad inning indeed: they sent 12 batters to the plate. That's more than chinkers, that's a melt down. As for the "we got 17 hits crowd" we had ten hits and 2 run to show for it. We were then able to get some more hits against less than first line guys when it didn't matter. its a long season and this was a good team but.

Jack Lambert
02-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Bad inning indeed: they sent 12 batters to the plate. That's more than chinkers, that's a melt down. As for the "we got 17 hits crowd" we had ten hits and 2 run to show for it. We were then able to get some more hits against less than first line guys when it didn't matter. its a long season and this was a good team but.

I think we pitched either three or four Freshman that inning. That's thier first time out. I will cut them some slack.

ON the bright side they will get really good after a few games on the mound and our bats were alive.

Howboutdemdogs
02-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Two innings killed us. The rest we were fine. Maybe tried to do too much on throws to the plate or to 3rd to catch up. Tomorrow is another day.

GTHOM
02-19-2016, 10:10 PM
If we dont win both tomorrow we will be ready to nuke the whole program

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 10:40 PM

They got eight runs against our less than front line. Guess what-- they count the same. Don't discount our 17 hits

Schultzy
02-19-2016, 10:49 PM
Single to Right field with a runner on first, E-5 and no back up by pitcher at third. Batter gets to 2nd base, 2nd and 3rd instead of 1st and 3rd.

Just not good baseball with game still on the line. Maybe the game has passed me by and we have enough talent to succeed this year but I just can't see it.

That said I'll cheer 'em on every week.

JohnnyQuid
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
If we dont win both tomorrow we will be ready to nuke the whole program

it will be nasty around here, I'll prolly be among them

Coursesuper
02-19-2016, 10:59 PM
They got eight runs against our less than front line. Guess what-- they count the same. Don't discount our 17 hits

We sent a guy out there in a tie game to keep it tied and not let it get away. It did. They were able to go down the line and just fill up the zone with fastballs. It's two completely different scenarios. But hey we got 17 hits.

Joe Schmedlap
02-20-2016, 08:01 AM
17 hits I say. 17. Never mind the 10 runs given up to some directional school in Florida. 17 hits, main. Did the SEC proud by losing the opener Cuz it's all about 17 hits. Holy shit, pass the Tylenol!

I seen it dawg
02-20-2016, 08:41 AM
Our program has to be mentally tough. From the top. Being mentally tough makes you turn 17 hits into big runs when they matter. Being mentally tough makes pitchers not lose the zone or get beat with their secondary stuff. Our program hasn't been mentally tough for awhile. Players have to have some of it in them already but it can be beaten into them. And it must be beaten into them all the time. The measuring stick for it is on the field in the games and it's easy to see when its there and glaring when it's not. Been too long not seeing it. I'm sorry but our program is soft and it starts at the top.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2016, 09:29 AM
I think we pitched either three or four Freshman that inning. That's thier first time out. I will cut them some slack.

ON the bright side they will get really good after a few games on the mound and our bats were alive.

Literally every pitcher last night after Dakota Hudson was making his college debut.

messageboardsuperhero
02-20-2016, 09:31 AM
I agree that our bullpen needs to be much more mentally tough when the game is on the line. That's not just a reflection of last night but all last season as well.