PDA

View Full Version : Baseball team looks like "Shit Show" the sequel.

Thick
02-19-2016, 08:15 PM
I know it's one game, but damn this is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing! Thanks John, for not hiring a REAL HITTING COACH!!! It definitely shows!!

missouridawg
02-19-2016, 08:18 PM
some timely hitting would be nice, but the bullpen is the problem tonight.

GTHOM
02-19-2016, 08:21 PM
Definitely disappointed to say the least. I know baseball is crazy game and you just never know, but you have to think MSU losing to FAU on opening day at home is just wrong. Not just losing either getting killed

BulldogBear
02-19-2016, 08:23 PM
Lovin' that lights out pitching staff******

msstate7

We have 12 hits and 3 runs... This isn't all on the pen. We still can't score

the59dawg
Definitely disappointed to say the least. I know baseball is crazy game and you just never know, but you have to think MSU losing to FAU on opening day at home is just wrong. Not just losing either getting killed

Had similar bullpen issues last yr. Too much to expect improvement?

missouridawg
02-19-2016, 08:24 PM
We have 12 hits and 3 runs... This isn't all on the pen. We still can't score

Which is why I said some timely hitting would be nice. This freak out wouldn't be occurring if the score was 4-3 FAU.

msstate7
02-19-2016, 08:26 PM
Which is why I said some timely hitting would be nice. This freak out wouldn't be occurring if the score was 4-3 FAU.

Well we haven't seen any timely hitting since the CWS, so this is nothing new

DudyDawg
02-19-2016, 08:30 PM

People wouldn't be creating a mass exodus either. But they are

Bullsy
02-19-2016, 08:36 PM
That's baseball

DudyDawg
02-19-2016, 09:10 PM
That's baseball

That's an ass whooping

Homedawg
02-19-2016, 09:13 PM
I know it's one game, but damn this is absolutely pathetic and embarrassing! Thanks John, for not hiring a REAL HITTING COACH!!! It definitely shows!!

We ended up w 17 hits, thick??? Come on man

missouridawg
02-19-2016, 09:15 PM
We ended up w 17 hits, thick??? Come on man

We will win 40+ games if we get 17 hits per contest. Pen has to get better.

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Damn it's one ****ing game. How about lets play the weekend before the suicide watch the big mistake was not letting Small keep throwing the heater.

BossDawg
02-19-2016, 09:56 PM
I'm more pissed off at Polk and Larry Templeton more than anyone else because they were the lazy dipshits that got complacent, sat on their hands and let the rest of the SEC (and really the whole nation) pass us right on by. THEY were the goobers that started this mess.

Brahmabull
02-19-2016, 10:16 PM
Look, it sucks to lose the first game of the year. We played a good team and had one inning where it all came unraveled. We started five guys who are in their first year on campus. I think we played 9 or more in their first year vs a team that returned a ton and will win40+ games this year.

I am not making excuses because it may turn out to be same old same old, but I did see us pound the baseball tonight more than I remember seeing in a game last year. Not all were hits but we connected well. We have some freshmen that are straight up ballers. Hell, we had two lefties throwing gas with one hitting 96!!! When is the last time we had that?

I will finish by asking (and I don't know) when is the last time we started 3 true freshman along with two sophomores that have never stepped on the field before at Dudy Noble? Moreover, have never played I front of 5,000 people.

Coursesuper
02-19-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm more pissed off at Polk and Larry Templeton more than anyone else because they were the lazy dipshits that got complacent, sat on their hands and let the rest of the SEC (and really the whole nation) pass us right on by. THEY were the goobers that started this mess.

I'm sorry but that shat aint gonna fly anymore. They have been gone a long time now and since then there has been a team go to the championship series. The real shame is that there has been no bump in the program from that. Last year should have never happened. There is a lot more that went on last year than most know, we shall see if changes happen.

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 10:36 PM

You do remember playing for the National Championship

BossDawg
02-19-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm sorry but that shat aint gonna fly anymore. They have been gone a long time now and since then there has been a team go to the championship series. The real shame is that there has been no bump in the program from that. Last year should have never happened. There is a lot more that went on last year than most know, we shall see if changes happen.

I wasn't exactly trying to get an angry mob of posters behind me for some kind of revolution. Geez, it was just a comment. I am still pissed at those lazy asses Polk and Templeton, and I always will be. They set the program back over a decade. And yeah, I'm getting impatiently pissed at Cohen, too, especially after all that has transpired after the CWS run. Cohen should have built off of that.

Thick
02-19-2016, 11:01 PM
17 hits be damned if your bullpen can not shutdown the opponents. I know, I'm over reacting, and FAU is a good team, BUT still should not have lost like that. Lots of baseball to play.

ZedFedder
02-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Yall are some Grade A idiots for acting like this. Goodness.

Dawgface
02-20-2016, 07:58 AM
You do remember playing for the National Championship

Yes....Cohen's lifetime pass.

Brahmabull
02-20-2016, 09:10 AM
Like I said, it sucks to lose and yes the bullpen blew it, but we are going to see some of that with these inexperienced players, especially early. Just like next year in football, we are going to see Nicky Fitz and/or Staley make some mistakes that will have us all saying WTF. It's part of the process as guys gain experience and get more comfortable. Let's just let it play out for a few games. If after Oregon series, we are still blowing then it will be time for mania.

I like what I see with these young guys. It gives me hope. Now, Cohen going Cohen is another subject.

zdawg
02-20-2016, 12:49 PM
Damn it's one ****ing game. How about lets play the weekend before the suicide watch the big mistake was not letting Small keep throwing the heater.

Patience is a wonderful thing !
This team is very talented and mostly young.
They need our support to be successful.
That includes the coaches as well.
I agree with the heater comment, but
Everyone is getting a feel for each other.
Bravo Sir !

BiscuitEater
02-20-2016, 02:15 PM

Jim said we left 20 in scoring postition .. but we DID hit the ball.