PDA

View Full Version : UNM = The Andrea Gail

blacklistedbully
02-19-2016, 02:11 PM
Noticed on Rivals that a UNM poster started a thread more-or-less making fun of the investigation , etc, pointing out that, "all of the hype and excitement is starting to wane".

My take:

Wishful thinking.

Do you recall the scene from, "Perfect Storm" where after battling the hurricane for hours, the Andrea Gail breaks into a beautiful, sunny sky, the water peaceful. The entire crew is relieved, thinking they have made it through relatively unscathed. Sure, they lost the fish, but in the grand-scheme of things, they were going to be fine.

But in reality, they were just in the eye of the storm, soon to be swept up again, doomed by their decision to risk whatever it took to make the big catch.

That's Ole Miss.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-19-2016, 02:30 PM
never seen Perfect Storm but this analogy makes Perfect Sense

our job is to keep the conversation going.

not necessarily by antagonizing the red & blue Kool-Aid sippers, but by letting the talking heads & people w/ an online or media presence know that there is still much interest in the story, and that they must consider the seriousness of the allegations & ongoing investigation when pontificating over Umiss' recent history & foreseeable future.

BossDawg
02-19-2016, 02:32 PM
I was just thinking: it's the calm before the storm. Hopefully, anyway. Just when I thought things were "starting to wane", without any official word from the NCAA, that's when I would worry.

maroonmania
02-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Well, given UNM will not release any details of the NOA, there really isn't a lot to discuss but hearsay and rumors of what the NCAA is still looking into. We are down to about 60 days now though so the train is still coming down the tracks and picking up speed.

nsvltndog
02-19-2016, 02:39 PM
It would be nice to see it remain front and center in the media, if nothing else for entertainment value while they sail through the eye of the storm.

AlmostPositive
02-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Which of these is most likely for the LandBears?

A. Months of gnawing NCAA uncertainty, followed by a substantial if not devastating penalty.
B. One and Three start to 2016 football season.
C. Louder and louder national drumbeat to ditch both "Rebels" and "Ole Miss."

Answer: D) All of the above. They cooked.

Acid mouth
02-19-2016, 03:10 PM
I believe UNM has offered to self induce a 3 year co-championship ban as well as the loss of ability to create any new self appointed national championships

Coach34
02-19-2016, 03:46 PM
Well- Forde became the 1st national guy to break it. Of course from there- it was going to spark some headlines.

Now- OM has to respond to the allegations. So all anybody can do is wait on that response. Especially since they refuse to release the NOA

NCAA continues to investigate- and they dont talk about investigations.

Not sure why anybody would think it would still be blowing up right now.

Reason2succeed
02-19-2016, 04:30 PM
We should be getting the NOA soon though. Remember Rosebowl and others have sent FOIA requests to Texas and other places. So even though OM wants to hide the NOA with their legaleese shinanigans that doesn't stop Texas who has obviously been made aware of Chris Vaughn's "damning" involvement with the Network.

#NetworkDown

Statecoachingblows**
02-19-2016, 04:54 PM
You would think worrying about impending doom would lead these fellas to be a little more concerned about themselves. Almost every single om fan is a self righteous, watch out for myself above all others (unless it involves 5 stars) but lo and behold the shtick is changing. Let's deflect, change the subject, and create a diversion. It is suddenly more about bad mouthing state CREATING rumors because they know they don't have near the "tradition" ( apparently claimed titles and recruiting championships don't count) to go head to head and try to call out the Saban's and Meyer's of the world. Heres a thought...admit you tried everything in the book to finally get to Atlanta and to sniff at the playoff but failed miserably. Your greatest accomplishment of the modern era is a sugar bowl win that's about to be vacated like a motel 6 in a drug raid.

And yes thank god the stench of om has washed off of Nola, it'll be a good weekend.

JoseBrown
02-19-2016, 04:56 PM
Which of these is most likely for the LandBears?

A. Months of gnawing NCAA uncertainty, followed by a substantial if not devastating penalty.
B. One and Three start to 2016 football season.
C. Louder and louder national drumbeat to ditch both "Rebels" and "Ole Miss."

Answer: D) All of the above. They cooked.

My answer is D. I think there is a good likelihood of E. Both A and B, but that wasn't an option. So I'd be happy with D.

I wonder if the sticks are allowed now, being that the confederate flag is not allowed?

GreaterCowbell
02-19-2016, 05:06 PM
Can we get a countdown clock for the UNM response?

blacklistedbully
02-19-2016, 06:12 PM
Can someone here photoshop the pic of the Andrea Gail just before it is tossed like a rag-doll by that big wave? Show it with a Confederate flag flying at the mast, with the letters NCAA at the crest of the wave that's about to wipe them out.

blacklistedbully
02-19-2016, 06:14 PM
Here's a thought...would anybody here support the creation of a t-shirt showing that? Would be sure to get under the skin of any Black Bear, and might help keep the topic more alive while we await the NOA release.

Hell, I'm gonna make one anyway. If anybody else wants one, let me know.

lastmajordog
02-20-2016, 05:47 PM
It would be nice to see it remain front and center in the media, if nothing else for entertainment value while they sail through the eye of the storm.

WHAT media????

lastmajordog
02-20-2016, 05:50 PM
I believe UNM has offered to self induce a 3 year co-championship ban as well as the loss of ability to create any new self appointed national championships

Winner!!!