PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Renovations

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2013, 01:18 PM
I am convinced after looking at the football video w Scott Stricklin that he will do the same thing at The Dude, expand the bathrooms and concessions. When I don't know. But after hearing what happened at the regional with the long lines, I think he got it.

engie
08-12-2013, 01:35 PM
If that's all he does to "renovate" Dudy Noble, it'll be strike 2 as athletics director at MSU...

Now, if that's what he does as a quick fix while raising money of a number of years for a drastic project, that's a different story altogether.

Need them to go ahead and start/officially announce the softball/tennis renovation and get it out of the way...

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Cue Sandmangina14 pounding his chest as if this thread is "proof" of him being "RIGHT!!1!!!1".......in 3, 2, 1....

engie
08-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep...

There's no doubt that DNF needs bathroom and concession renovations -- and has for a decade -- but that doesn't even begin to address the real problems at hand in that stadium.

Sandman14
08-12-2013, 01:57 PM
proof cadaver is actin douchely up herr.

nice to see you guise starting to soften up and crawfish a little...

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2013, 01:59 PM
If all Stricklin does to Dudy Noble is expand the bathrooms and concession stands, I'll be pretty pissed off.

Sandman14
08-12-2013, 02:12 PM
If all Stricklin does to Dudy Noble is expand the bathrooms and concession stands, I'll be pretty pissed off.

well rest assured he's not going to solely expand the bathrooms and concessions. but it's very likely he's not going to up and rip down the grand stand at this point in time.

engie
08-12-2013, 02:19 PM
No one is softening up at all. No one is backing off their demands 100%. I'm not anyway.

It's like you literally lack the sense to decipher between the difference between us saying "this will happen"(which you can't show a single quote on in regards to Dudy Noble) and saying "this is what SHOULD happen" despite having a handful of us spell it out for you on NUMEROUS occasions.

If enough people demand excellence, we get excellence. You are taking up the mantle of arguing FOR mediocrity, simply because "you think it is what will happen" instead of getting on board with the rest of us and pulling in the same direction -- which is arguing FOR EXCELLENCE in a sport where it's attainable to us. Simply because it's what we think SHOULD happen -- and because we're going to invest everything in our power to see happen...including pushing the hell out of it online, where "our greatest personal power" lies...

If a national title appearance just gets us new bathrooms and you don't think anyone is dropping the ball, you are part of the problem in this fanbase. Plain and simple.

MsStateBaseball
08-12-2013, 02:28 PM
Demolish and start all over w grandstand. Make is like a AA pro stadium. Make the players wear stirrups again...

messageboardsuperhero
08-12-2013, 02:35 PM
I wasn't saying that's all I think he will do. I have no idea what exactly Stricklin will do, but I'd certainly at least hope it would be more than fix the bathrooms and concession stands.

I sure as hell know what I WANT him to do: Build a new state-of-the-art, minor league style, open concourse grandstand with great premium seating. But then again, we've already had this argument multiple times.

SnakePlissken
08-12-2013, 03:31 PM
I've asked before and don't remember if it was ever answered but with our history and baseball fan base is there not a single fan/supporter with money like Leo Seal? If we could get a $12MM donation to baseball like we did for the football complex I think we could raise the other $12-$15MM to build a new baseball stadium for around $25-$30MM

Sandman14
08-12-2013, 03:46 PM
No one is softening up at all. No one is backing off their demands 100%. I'm not anyway.

It's like you literally lack the sense to decipher between the difference between us saying "this will happen"(which you can't show a single quote on in regards to Dudy Noble) and saying "this is what SHOULD happen" despite having a handful of us spell it out for you on NUMEROUS occasions.

If enough people demand excellence, we get excellence. You are taking up the mantle of arguing FOR mediocrity, simply because "you think it is what will happen" instead of getting on board with the rest of us and pulling in the same direction -- which is arguing FOR EXCELLENCE in a sport where it's attainable to us. Simply because it's what we think SHOULD happen -- and because we're going to invest everything in our power to see happen...including pushing the hell out of it online, where "our greatest personal power" lies...

If a national title appearance just gets us new bathrooms and you don't think anyone is dropping the ball, you are part of the problem in this fanbase. Plain and simple.

1. you caps lock got stuck again.

2. I'm saying what will happen. there will never be a right answer to what "should" happen. I think the right answer to what "should" happen is to coat the stadium in platinum and make Will Clark move his permanent residence into the press box so that we can have him sign autographs and sell cracker jack at every game.

3. your little barbs about not having sense and being dumb and blah blah blah...just remember, you get no points for that hogwash. negative points, in fact.

I'm gonna rack you when they announce the work to be done and it doesn't include knocking down the whole damn stadium and starting over. I know you are already crawfishing...talking about "should" and "will" at this point but just know it's coming. and likewise, if I'm wrong, I'll be here hat in hand.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 03:46 PM

BURN. If Strick only does a minor renovation to the Dude, he should be put out to pasture. Period.

CadaverDawg
08-12-2013, 03:54 PM
1. you caps lock got stuck again.

2. I'm saying what will happen. there will never be a right answer to what "should" happen. I think the right answer to what "should" happen is to coat the stadium in platinum and make Will Clark move his permanent residence into the press box so that we can have him sign autographs and sell cracker jack at every game.

3. your little barbs about not having sense and being dumb and blah blah blah...just remember, you get no points for that hogwash. negative points, in fact.

I'm gonna rack you when they announce the work to be done and it doesn't include knocking down the whole damn stadium and starting over. I know you are already crawfishing...talking about "should" and "will" at this point but just know it's coming. and likewise, if I'm wrong, I'll be here hat in hand.

Haha, so you're going to act like we meant one thing, and beat your chest over it, despite knowing you're wrong? Sounds like win/win stance for you, huh?

Well I KNOW you are the worst poster in the short history of ED. And I KNOW you don't know shit about MSU athletics. And I KNOW that 99.9-100% of this board agrees with me. So, watch me as I pound my chest for getting that much right.

And please go off on another strange tangent like you have in the past, because I really want you to give the admins a reason to ban your goofy ass.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Haha, so you're going to act like we meant one thing, and beat your chest over it, despite knowing you're wrong? Sounds like win/win stance for you, huh?

Well I KNOW you are the worst poster in the short history of ED. And I KNOW you don't know shit about MSU athletics. And I KNOW that 99.9-100% of this board agrees with me. So, watch me as I pound my chest for getting that much right.

And please go off on another strange tangent like you have in the past, because I really want you to give the admins a reason to ban your goofy ass.

+1 Every damn word.

Will James
08-12-2013, 05:42 PM
BURN. If Strick only does a minor renovation to the Dude, he should be put out to pasture. Period.

Its that kind of go along to get along mentality that I hate. Well here's a minor touch-up. Well we can't fire Bracky. Byrne was a damn fighter. In his short tenure he began what is now our football and Baseball success. I want a fighter. I'm not convinced the Strick/Keenum duo can deliver. We need a Reagan not a Dole. Byrne was a Reagan. Strick/Keen seem happy just to hold a seat at the table.

bobcat91
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
Byrne was an AD doing an AD job. And he is the freaking gold standard and it was a dark day when he left. Stricklin is a fundraiser doing an AD job. He botched the basketball hire and make no mistake about it, it embarrassed us as a university. I like Coach Rays attitude and will wait for results: I'm pulling for him to succeed. My complaint with Stricklin is that he can't seem to concentrate on more than one project at a time. That is not visionary and sadly is reactionary. Both Vann and Cohen were promised major facility upgrades/new facilities. The softball/tennis complex is still only a rough schetvh and after a national championship run, we have heard nothing about Dudy Noble. Sadly, unless he proves me wrong, I think Stricklin is over his head. There should already have been dirt moving at the softball complex and major fundraising in baseball if nothing else. I hear crickets.

Sandman14
08-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Byrne was an AD doing an AD job. And he is the freaking gold standard and it was a dark day when he left. Stricklin is a fundraiser doing an AD job. He botched the basketball hire and make no mistake about it, it embarrassed us as a university. I like Coach Rays attitude and will wait for results: I'm pulling for him to succeed. My complaint with Stricklin is that he can't seem to concentrate on more than one project at a time. That is not visionary and sadly is reactionary. Both Vann and Cohen were promised major facility upgrades/new facilities. The softball/tennis complex is still only a rough schetvh and after a national championship run, we have heard nothing about Dudy Noble. Sadly, unless he proves me wrong, I think Stricklin is over his head. There should already have been dirt moving at the softball complex and major fundraising in baseball if nothing else. I hear crickets.

co-sign

Sandman14
08-13-2013, 01:43 AM

so you are admitting that I am right but contemporaneously stating that that I know that I'm wrong?

worst poster in history of ED? or else best at torquing you? regardless, again, no points for such nonsense. negative points, in fact. you are the one speaking my username in this thread from the get-go...

this nerd thing has got to stop....bannings? is that the best you got?

Sandman14
08-13-2013, 01:52 AM
cadaver, just breathe easy and look at these:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jonathan+holder&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MdcJUuyIHIe72AXz8YGABA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1148&bih=617#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=9Qc9wlSZiH0VIM%3A%3B3j5_XWx03Q0RGM%3Bhttp%25 3A%252F%252Fmedia.gulflive.com%252Fmississippi-press-sports%252Fphoto%252Fjonathan-holder-8d7ce00fa7440d4f.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblog.gul flive.com%252Fmississippi-press-sports%252F2013%252F05%252Fmississippi_states_bull pen_imp.html%3B488%3B450

https://www.google.com/search?q=jonathan+holder&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MdcJUuyIHIe72AXz8YGABA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1148&bih=617#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=PVcajx23s2uIBM%3A%3BGCtMr5m3ogZuNM%3Bhttp%25 3A%252F%252Fwww.starkvilledailynews.com%252Fsites% 252Fdefault%252Ffiles%252Fimagecache%252Farticle_p hoto%252FHolder%252520px%25252016.jpg%3Bhttp%253A% 252F%252Fwww.starkvilledailynews.com%252Fnode%252F 14375%3B250%3B317

https://www.google.com/search?q=jonathan+holder&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aNcJUsKyHcWq2gW1z4DgCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1148&bih=617#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Kubp-TL1X7WvXM%3A%3BUAz9t-GzOZp0kM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.turner.ncaa.com%25 2Fdr%252Fncaa%252Fncaa%252Frelease%252Fsites%252Fd efault%252Ffiles%252Fjonathan-holder-mississippi-state-6-21-13.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ncaa.com%252Fnews% 252Fbaseball%252Farticle%252F2013-06-21%252Fcws-wrap-game-11%3B640%3B360