PDA

View Full Version : Bama basketball game

msstate7
02-19-2016, 08:17 AM
Really hope we can ruin another team's postseason chances. What you think our chances are? I think Malik is due an om type of game again. Hopefully it's tomorrow

mic
02-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Only thing I know about the game tomorrow is Avery Johnosn is the SEC coach of the year...

shannondawg
02-19-2016, 09:36 AM
Somebody poison that Danish guy! (just joking)

maroonmania
02-19-2016, 10:36 AM
Only thing I know about the game tomorrow is Avery Johnosn is the SEC coach of the year...

Yep, Johnson has been a real surprise to me. I was very skeptical of how he would translate to the college game after spending his whole career at the NBA level but he is doing a bang up job so far. Bama is the hottest team in the SEC at the moment. I will be very surprised if we stay in the game to have a chance to win at the end against them in Tuscaloosa. Its a shame Sword didn't make his free throws at the end that would have gotten us a win against them in Starkville.

klong-dog
02-19-2016, 10:44 AM
I would love to see it but I just don't see it. Even if we were to play well, I still seeing it being an up hill battle all game. Bama is well disciplined for sure but as long as the game is close, Bama will have the refs "all in" especially now they have a tourney bid at state. Obasahan will get to truck thru the lane at will, picking up cheap fouls left and right. Gavin will foul out, as will Sword, possibly another. But hell yeah I would love to ruin their shit.

spudd21
02-19-2016, 11:03 AM
We are gonna have to shoot lights outs.

maroonmania
02-19-2016, 11:18 AM
I would love to see it but I just don't see it. Even if we were to play well, I still seeing it being an up hill battle all game. Bama is well disciplined for sure but as long as the game is close, Bama will have the refs "all in" especially now they have a tourney bid at state. Obasahan will get to truck thru the lane at will, picking up cheap fouls left and right. Gavin will foul out, as will Sword, possibly another. But hell yeah I would love to ruin their shit.

I would be shocked if we win any of the road games we have left. The SC and Aub games at home are likely our only realistic chances to add to our win total.

chef dixon
02-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Alabama with an RPI of 30 is kind of a joke. They aren't a top 30 team if you watch them.

klong-dog
02-19-2016, 12:58 PM
They are actually playing pretty good ball right now. Just won on the road at Florida and then at LSU a couple nights ago. They won some big non conference games early in the year, to help them get that RPI.

fishwater99
02-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Alabama with an RPI of 30 is kind of a joke. They aren't a top 30 team if you watch them.

The just beat the hell out of LSU... Watch again...

TUSK
02-19-2016, 01:20 PM
I've actually paid a teeny bit of attention to the basketball team this year... really good to see them competitive again...

chef dixon
02-19-2016, 01:57 PM
The just beat the hell out of LSU... Watch again...

They beat them by 7 and LSU (who's RPI is 81 I might add) isn't exactly great by any means. Yes Bama is playing decent ball recently, but there is really only 1 team in the SEC that deserves to be top 30 and that is Kentucky. USCe and A&M maybe fringe top 30 but they have been exposed a little bit down the stretch.

To put it in perspective, only 1 team with a top 30 RPI has EVER been left out of the tournament (depending on your RPI source), but we are viewing them as a wavering bubble team.