PDA

View Full Version : WBB embarrassed tonight

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 10:43 PM
Schaefer benched the starters for lack of effort en route to an 83-60 beat down.

dickiedawg
02-18-2016, 11:21 PM
Pretty much flushed our chance at hosting, which was the benchmark for a great year in my book.
Obviously we can still have a good year and meet some goals. Earn second in the SECT, make the second weekend of NCAAs, all still possible.

the59dawg
02-19-2016, 12:00 AM
Schaefer benched the starters for lack of effort en route to an 83-60 beat down.

this is at least the 4th performance this yr of this kind. I believe we won one of those poor effortsl

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-19-2016, 02:21 AM
Poor effort, uninspired. No way we should have gotten out-rebounded by 10+ by those girls. Benched the starters isn't quite accurate, more like he benched everyone but Dom. I agree there's a trend w/ these kind of games, when the shots aren't falling right away we tend to unravel rather than galvanize. I think if we can win out the last 3 & get to the SEC tournament semis we'll have a decent shot to host.

RocketDawg
02-19-2016, 04:12 AM
Poor effort, uninspired. No way we should have gotten out-rebounded by 10+ by those girls. Benched the starters isn't quite accurate, more like he benched everyone but Dom. I agree there's a trend w/ these kind of games, when the shots aren't falling right away we tend to unravel rather than galvanize. I think if we can win out the last 3 & get to the SEC tournament semis we'll have a decent shot to host.

I've never seen her give anything less than 100% effort -- definitely my favorite player. Vivians was a bit of a surprise ... just seemed lackadaisical.

bulldawg28
02-19-2016, 08:04 AM
I've never seen her give anything less than 100% effort -- definitely my favorite player. Vivians was a bit of a surprise ... just seemed lackadaisical.

Elite talent does make it look too easy.

shannondawg
02-19-2016, 08:19 AM
I could tell it in the warmup prior to start. They were just kinda standing around , no emotion.

smootness
02-19-2016, 08:56 AM
Our offense is just downright atrocious. Even our top scorers shoot pretty poorly from the field.

Coach34
02-19-2016, 09:38 AM
just typical of young teams. WTF games

MadDawg
02-19-2016, 09:55 AM
You can analyze this till the cows come home, reality is we were just off last night. Nothing was falling for us and everything UK threw up dropped. Rebounding was atrocious.

Tbonewannabe
02-19-2016, 09:57 AM
This is also getting to the grind of the season. Tourney hasn't started but the whole season is kind of weighing on you. Young teams have drop offs a lot toward the end. Hopefully they refocus before they cost themselves where they get seeded.

maroonmania
02-19-2016, 10:31 AM
The women's team often has games where they can't throw it in the ocean. The real surprise was the shoddy defensive effort. We have a nice team but they will never be great until we get a few more offensive options. If Vivians is off we really don't have any other dependable options on offense.

BulldogBacker
02-19-2016, 11:01 AM
The same thing happened last year. I think our kids get leg weary and tired after a long grind, and they can't "get up" for many games toward the end of the season.

maroonmania
02-19-2016, 11:33 AM
The same thing happened last year. I think our kids get leg weary and tired after a long grind, and they can't "get up" for many games toward the end of the season.

Well, other teams are playing the same number of games so does that we mean we have an issue with our conditioning program or do we just have that much less depth than other teams?

BulldogBacker
02-19-2016, 11:36 AM
Well, other teams are playing the same number of games so does that we mean we have an issue with our conditioning program or do we just have that much less depth than other teams?

It is a combination of depth and injuries. Most of our starters are hurting right now. Morgan William is playing hurt, with shin splints.

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 02:43 PM
just typical of young teams. WTF games

Glad Stans wasn't their Coach--you would have went ballistic .

tcdog70
02-19-2016, 02:48 PM
We seem to wait late in the shot clock and then force VV to throw something up. Why not run something for Her early, maybe isolate her and Williams instead of the weave we run everytime down the court. VV could shoot it everytime and just let the 6'7" center rebound. Making VV set screens and then get called for moving picks kills her. She is a volume shooter, give Her good shots