PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Institutional Control

SallyStansbury
08-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Just wanted to say hello with my first post.

Also will be curious how many thread views this post receives given the title.

Carry on.

sorantable
08-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Awesome first post**

Did I do that right?

hometowndawg
08-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Bravo. Reputation points to you sally

Ronny
08-12-2013, 05:34 PM
..a player (or players) is caught on film murdering somebody, I don't think the NCAA does the Lack of Institutional Control thing anymore.

When Auburn went through their Cam Newton thing there were about a dozen examples & instances of Auburn's Lack of Institutional Control.

But Cam wasn't caught on video murdering anybody, so he was good to go.

gravedigger
08-12-2013, 05:46 PM
My interpretation of 'lack of institutional control' was first and foremost on the head coach for knowingly allowing things to happen and now is more termed 'repeat offender'.

I think the last time I really heard the term get used and it not be speculation was Billy Brewer. I also believe that is why there are compliance officers at schools now. So the school can demonstrate that the control of the institution is in place in spite of the idea that individuals can be out of control.

I've heard speculation all over the place as all of you have and my interpretations is that the longer this gets drawn out, the worse it is for OM no matter what the end result is. That was the theory behind our investigation under Sherrill that found nothing on him and on the side found someone fronting money for tires that we self reported and penalized ourselves for by benching our qb for the Oregon game. Seems the NCAA, when they are sticking it to you, know full well the impact of the duration of an investigation.

Um might come away clean based on ones definition, but they will have to do some legal posturing and this interview with Jones is not the end.

Here's to hoping it gets 'spaced out' over the duration of the season so espn has something to talk about between games.

We might not be the ones pushing the investigation, but I'll bet we are helping with the timing.