PDA

View Full Version : This is interesting on the OM investigation

Coach34
02-18-2016, 11:49 AM
The NCAA has been at Allen HS recently, they have interviewed Bama signee Shy Carter, they have hit up Starkville HS....interviewing OM recruits and school officials.

OM response/spin is that they do that for ALL top recruiting classes- nothing to see here as usual in relation to them.

Exceptttttt- I was told that this is no longer true of the NCAA. They stopped this practice a few years ago- considering it a waste of time and resources. So Bjerk lying to the Masses again....ITS not over- not by a longshot

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 11:53 AM
I've also heard they quit interviewing all the blue chips several years ago. Wonder if they got to see the the nice new Dodge Charger in the SHS student parking lot? Heard its' really nice.

maroonmania
02-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Rosebowl has specifically said on multiple occasions recently that this practice was eliminated several years ago because it was a fruitless exercise.

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 12:04 PM
I've also heard they quit interviewing all the blue chips several years ago. Wonder if they got to see the the nice new Dodge Charger in the SHS student parking lot? Heard its' really nice.

See you guys, you never listen to me. I told you there is gonna be trouble.

TrapGame
02-18-2016, 12:16 PM
David Brandt reiterated the same thing on Bo's show last week. I think it was a subtle little hint of what's to come.

AlSwearengen
02-18-2016, 12:20 PM
The ncaa is going for the throat. For olemiss to have the ncaa sniffing around for three years, finding the saunders stuff and then have tunsil's daddy squeal. All of this is going on and they go out and land players that were known by everyone to have their hands out is beyond comprehension.

Olemiss is playing russian roulette. We'll see how it plays out for them.

Bully13
02-18-2016, 12:29 PM
The ncaa is going for the throat. For olemiss to have the ncaa sniffing around for three years, finding the saunders stuff and then have tunsil's daddy squeal. All of this is going on and they go out and land players that were known by everyone to have their hands out is beyond comprehension.

I'm going with this. Not just because I want it to but because it is logical based on what we know so far. I've been asking repeatedly about the recent interviews with this year's class. If they find a bunch of shit there while tsun knew they already had a letter, that will be the WTF moment with the investigators.

This year's class may very well indeed be a Russian Roulette game they played.

chef dixon
02-18-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm going with this. Not just because I want it to but because it is logical based on what we know so far. I've been asking repeatedly about the recent interviews with this year's class. If they find a bunch of shit there while tsun knew they already had a letter, that will be the WTF moment with the investigators.

This year's class may very well indeed be a Russian Roulette game they played.

It's possible. With the way they locked up Patterson early on there was no way they were going to slow up. They got greedy.

bhamdawgfan
02-18-2016, 12:35 PM

We really should have listened to you. We were all waiting and you knew all along.

Mjoelner34
02-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Olemiss is playing russian roulette.

With a Glock!

BeardoMSU
02-18-2016, 12:39 PM

Someone probably dropped a pot**

TrapGame
02-18-2016, 12:41 PM
With a Glock!

Or a rocket launcher.

maroonmania
02-18-2016, 12:42 PM

I am really eager to see how this all plays out. When all of this comes down the NCAA is going to give MANY schools an answer they want to a simple question being "Is going all out cheating in recruiting to have a significantly higher level football program worth it?". That's what OM has done and if they only get a slap on the wrist then I think the majority of P5 schools will start pushing the envelope more and more to sign elite players with their hands out. I know personally if OM gets little to nothing out of this I will totally change my stance on the whole thing. If that happens I will totally support throwing out the NCAA rulebook altogether relative to illegal inducements and just make it anything goes. That would actually be more fair than what we have currently where you have some schools actually working hard to follow the rules within reason all the way to schools that will do absolutely ANYTHING necessary to secure a player's signature.

shannondawg
02-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Bjork is gonna be at the West Point Rotary luncheon today. I should have gotten an invite, but probably just as we'll I didn't.

I'll report anything interesting.

lastmajordog
02-18-2016, 12:51 PM
With a Glock!

Actually it's more like Michael Douglas pistol from (the Ghost and the Darkness).....wish I knew how to put just a pic up as opposed to a link......but if you see this pistol I think you will agree with me.

http://thenorthernstag.blog.com/files/2012/08/Gd291.jpg

(It's not that hard... Click the Image button. Click from URL. Post the URL.)

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:02 PM
Someone probably dropped a pot**

Nice. Somebody got it.

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:07 PM
We really should have listened to you. We were all waiting and you knew all along.
Don't pick a fight on your first post. Especially on something you know nothing about.

bhamdawgfan
02-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Don't pick a fight on your first post. Especially on something you know nothing about.

Been reading for a few years. New username. Don't pick on someone about their first post when you've only made 43 over 2 years.

Maroonthirteen
02-18-2016, 01:15 PM
Nice. Dodge Charger must the official car of the #network. There was a sweet charger at Whitehaven high school years back. By far the nicest car in the school lot.. Driven by a future Rebel. What a coincidence.

AlmostPositive
02-18-2016, 01:22 PM
The Bearcheats thought they bought themselves some good players, but they only made the down payment. Indianapolis will be telling them how much they have to pay later this spring.

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Been reading for a few years. New username. Don't pick on someone about their first post when you've only made 43 over 2 years.

All that hate is going to eat you up. Still got 2 years and 42 post on you. Haha. Chill out it was a movie quote. Move along.

RTO Dawg
02-18-2016, 01:33 PM
David Brandt reiterated the same thing on Bo's show last week. I think it was a subtle little hint of what's to come.

I'm thinking that's why they got the letter before signing day.....NCAA wants that ass on this year recruits

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:41 PM
How will all of these pieces fit in with them already getting the letter. Another letter?

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 01:44 PM
How will all of these pieces fit in with them already getting the letter. Another letter?

They'll add a PS.

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:47 PM
They'll add a PS.
That would probably work.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2016, 01:47 PM
All that hate is going to eat you up.

That's what keeps us warm, Doc.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tl-gvGOCx2s/UmdcX70o8LI/AAAAAAAAEPA/HrSbEfY9dTo/s1600/RedDawn1984-Balisong-400-2-sg.gif

DoctorDawg
02-18-2016, 01:51 PM
That's what keeps us warm, Doc.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tl-gvGOCx2s/UmdcX70o8LI/AAAAAAAAEPA/HrSbEfY9dTo/s1600/RedDawn1984-Balisong-400-2-sg.gif

Haha. We watched too many 80's movies.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2016, 01:53 PM
Haha. We watched too many 80's movies.

Indeed, lol.

Jack Lambert
02-18-2016, 01:56 PM
I am really eager to see how this all plays out. When all of this comes down the NCAA is going to give MANY schools an answer they want to a simple question being "Is going all out cheating in recruiting to have a significantly higher level football program worth it?". That's what OM has done and if they only get a slap on the wrist then I think the majority of P5 schools will start pushing the envelope more and more to sign elite players with their hands out. I know personally if OM gets little to nothing out of this I will totally change my stance on the whole thing. If that happens I will totally support throwing out the NCAA rulebook altogether relative to illegal inducements and just make it anything goes. That would actually be more fair than what we have currently where you have some schools actually working hard to follow the rules within reason all the way to schools that will do absolutely ANYTHING necessary to secure a player's signature.

They are not getting a slap. Ole Miss is too button lip on the NoA and they keep changing the narative. They are in trouble and they know it.

BrunswickDawg
02-18-2016, 02:09 PM
Nice. Dodge Charger must the official car of the #network. There was a sweet charger at Whitehaven high school years back. By far the nicest car in the school lot.. Driven by a future Rebel. What a coincidence.

Well, of course it is.....

http://www.wbdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/general-lee-car.jpg

17thebears
02-18-2016, 02:22 PM

Be careful.

BossDawg
02-18-2016, 02:32 PM

That's a good way to look at it. I've been saying all along that the NCAA has to draw a line somewhere and set some examples or college football will turn into one huge auction block.

gtowndawg
02-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Well, of course it is.....

http://www.wbdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/general-lee-car.jpg

The very definition of irony...the confederates give away the most confederate car of all time.

fishwater99
02-18-2016, 03:14 PM

Get us a Pic...

miketice
02-18-2016, 03:33 PM

I laughed

bhamdawgfan
02-18-2016, 03:35 PM
I laughed

Should have added my sarcasterisks.

miketice
02-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Should have added my sarcasterisks.

No worries the sarcasm came through beautifully

Reason2succeed
02-18-2016, 03:58 PM
Glorious! Unlike NkEmdichee the NCAA can put the are Renardo Sidney lock on these recruits until they spill the beans. They can find out about the phones, inducements, academic fraud, etc.

I've been laughed at many times but I will say it again. Bjork was right about one thing. This is not a "loss" of institutional control. This is a "pattern of willful violations". The NCAA is going to have to think long and hard about the punishments here. Whatever they decide will have monumental implications going forward for football programs around the country.

Harrydawg
02-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Bjork is gonna be at the West Point Rotary luncheon today. I should have gotten an invite, but probably just as we'll I didn't.

I'll report anything interesting.

Why am I a little shocked at this? WTF is the West Point Rotatary club doing by having Biserk speak? Hell, let's have him come to the union and speak........