PDA

View Full Version : SOFTBALL week 2 - a few tidbits

BulldogBear
02-18-2016, 10:29 AM
I know the Softball team's trip to the coast this weekend will be overshadowed by opening weekend of baseball but her are a few things as the girls get ready to crank up for week two (I got this off the softball twitter feed actually, @HAILSTATESB if you want to follow):

- Bulldogs are still receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Softball Poll and USA Today/NFCA Division I Coaches Poll after week one, but apparently now yet ranked :(

- Bulldogs had 15 come from behind wins last season, have already had 3 this season, and that brings the total to 53 under Vann Stuedeman

- After five games in week one, the Bulldogs have the best ERA in the SEC at 0.21

- After five games in week one, the Bulldogs have struck out 44, including 11 backwards Ks, and rank 2nd in the SEC in both categories

- Bulldogs lead the SEC in HBP with 10, averaging 2 per game, and the 3 in the Valentine's Day 7-1 win over Houston is the most in a game by an SEC team this season (Calyn Adams with 4, and Sarai Niu with 3 have really been taking it for the team!)

- Bulldogs are 12 for 12 in stolen bases, 2nd in the SEC total (12) and 1st by a mile in percentage of success

- A true freshman Bulldog, Sarai Niu has two HR, tying her for 2nd in the SEC even as her slugging percentage of .846 ranks 9th

- Sophomore Pitcher Holly Ward is 3-0, 1st(T) in the SEC, while her 0.41 ERA is 12th and her 18Ks are 5th

The girls will play four games this weekend in the Mardi Gras Invitational in Mobile before a single game Monday @ SE Louisiana:

Friday

-5:00pm South Alabama

Saturday

-1:30pm Southern Mississippi

-6:00pm Southern Illinois-Edwardsville

Sunday

-12:15pm Samford

Monday

-5:00pm @Southeastern Louisiana

MSUDawg99
02-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the tidbits. I love these kind of nuggets. I'm enjoying listening to their podcast on BSR. It's hard not to love Stuedeman & this team. They're being coached by some elite coaches in Ricketts & her sister who is volunteering right now. This kind of teaching is invaluable. I hope these girls soak it all up & not take it for granted.

BulldogBear
02-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the tidbits. I love these kind of nuggets. I'm enjoying listening to their podcast on BSR. It's hard not to love Stuedeman & this team. They're being coached by some elite coaches in Ricketts & her sister who is volunteering right now. This kind of teaching is invaluable. I hope these girls soak it all up & not take it for granted.

The future of this time is exciting and they could surprise this year anyway!!!

Gameday bump