PDA

View Full Version : Boneyard Cliff Notes for Today

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 01:16 PM
1. Rosebowl throws out a sly comment about Ole Miss buying a recruit a Mercedes. Then says he just reports facts & won't get into it. Perhaps this is another thing to add to the rumor mill.

2. For Ole Miss fans, the time to panic is here. All of your sources are terrible & have no clue what's going on.

3. Coach 34 got a shout out. Rosebowl says he does a good job, but he's never met him.

4. Rosebowl has submitted other FOI request to other institutions. Hoping to here back soon.

That's about it. Other than the Mercedes comment, there wasn't any other information that made you say, "WAT?"

PassInterference
02-17-2016, 01:19 PM
Somewhere on Twitter, there is a photograph of a check made out to a Mercedes dealer. Looks to be for the value of a new Mercedes.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Somewhere on Twitter, there is a photograph of a check made out to a Mercedes dealer. Looks to be for the value of a new Mercedes.

Man it would be nice to be able to cut a check like that and not think twice about it.

Coach34
02-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Interesting

I've never met Rosey- and have had some past issues with him- but I gotta say, he has nailed all this just as Elite has- while being even more detailed. And he gets major props for attacking the story. They have unleashed on him alot of BS- and he keeps pressing on. I respect that

Billy17
02-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Man it would be nice to be able to cut a check like that and not think twice about it.

I know thats right man.. Geez that would be a nice problem to have HA

wonder who the Benz is for?

jb1020
02-17-2016, 01:35 PM
I know thats right man.. Geez that would be a nice problem to have HA

wonder who the Benz is for?

RK

PassInterference
02-17-2016, 01:37 PM
The irony here is that Ole Miss is the Journalism school. But apparently all the in-state journalists except Steve Robertson just don't give a shit about freedom of the press.

Riley Blevins and the CL let themselves be bullied by Ole Miss. They quit breaking negative Ole Miss news. In return, Ross Bjork gave the CL an exclusive "interview" about big the big swing-and-miss spin to downplay the NOA prior to the AP story.

And by "interview", I mean Ross selected the CL to print Ross's talking points and not answer any questions.

Mjoelner34
02-17-2016, 01:37 PM
Coach 34 got a shout out. Rosebowl says he does a good job, but he's never met him.

I've never met Rosey-

Wait! So the Hattiesburg meetings don't happen? **

Mjoelner34
02-17-2016, 01:38 PM
RK

Related to the ICB tweet a couple of years ago?

Boodawg
02-17-2016, 01:41 PM
Some of their fans are crazy enough to do stupid things to him. Like jail worthy things. So yes, he deserves a lot of respect. I hope he keeps it coming.

jb1020
02-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Related to the ICB tweet a couple of years ago?

Not sure about which tweet you're talking about, but I have heard from a few people that $100k check for a Benz was RK's signing bonus.

I'm surprised that with all the speculation thats gone on the past month that check has never been brought up until now.

Ralph
02-17-2016, 01:45 PM
RK

Clearly good news for OM**

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Not sure about which tweet you're talking about, but I have heard from a few people that $100k check for a Benz was RK's signing bonus.

I'm surprised that with all the speculation thats gone on the past month that check has never been brought up until now.

Surely they weren't stupid enough to pay in anything but cash. A check can be traced, right? Don't banks scan checks & keep them as records?

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 01:48 PM
If it's true that the check/Benz was for RK does that also look like perhaps Poppa Kim turned on Freeze as another rumor suggested last week?

Westdawg
02-17-2016, 01:49 PM
wait, is there actually a picture of a check on Twitter linked to this story??? what the what?!?!

can someone verify this?

Dallas_Dawg
02-17-2016, 01:49 PM
By RK do you mean RN? N being silent, of course

Beaver
02-17-2016, 01:50 PM
Clearly good news for OM**

Actually, it was for Tunsil, and OM fans have known about it all along**

AlSwearengen
02-17-2016, 01:52 PM
Hell, a mercedees that is two years old would easily fit into the pay structure for what they are reportedly paying for the top players. I could see a high ranking #network member throwing in his daughter's slightly used mercedees suv as a last minute sweetener.

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 01:55 PM

The douche in Kimdouchee is not silent though.*

Coach34
02-17-2016, 01:59 PM

It's Kimchee

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2016, 02:00 PM
Hell, a mercedees that is two years old would easily fit into the pay structure for what they are reportedly paying for the top players. I could see a high ranking #network member throwing in his daughter's slightly used mercedees suv as a last minute sweetener.

I bet the daughter may have been an available option.

Mjoelner34
02-17-2016, 02:07 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Incarcerated Bob tweeted something about having the receipt to a new car bought for Kim-cheech.

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 02:12 PM
I bet the daughter may have been an available option.

Maybe the daughter's name was Mercedes.

Ralph
02-17-2016, 02:13 PM
If it's true that the check/Benz was for RK does that also look like perhaps Poppa Kim turned on Freeze as another rumor suggested last week?

Haven't heard the Papa Nkem rumor. Do tell

Statefan
02-17-2016, 02:27 PM
What schools would he have sent a FOIA to? Texas?

Billy17
02-17-2016, 02:29 PM
I think RN knew the NCAA was on to him after the tunsil stuff so he drove it off a cliff while smoking spice

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Haven't heard the Papa Nkem rumor. Do tell

Some guy named Andy was telling the guest host of John Weiner's show last week that he heard Poppa Kim was furious about his son's being spice heads and blamed Freeze for not looking out for his boys. So, he told the NCAA some stuff on His Most Holiness.

TStationDawg
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM
A BENZ?! Good grief- even Eric Dickerson was only worth a camero! It had t-tops but still!!!!!

jumbo
02-17-2016, 02:34 PM
What schools would he have sent a FOIA to? Texas?

Texas and ULL would be my guess

parabrave
02-17-2016, 02:41 PM
A BENZ?! Good grief- even Eric Dickerson was only worth a camero! It had t-tops but still!!!!!

I saw Marcus dupree driving his wrecked Mercedes in Hattiesburg one night.

starkvegasdawg
02-17-2016, 02:55 PM
I saw Marcus dupree driving his wrecked Mercedes in Hattiesburg one night.

Saw it in Hattiesburg you say? I bet the MSU mafia met at your house, didn't they? Did Coach34 wipe his feet before walking on the carpet?

Bully13
02-17-2016, 03:02 PM
Some guy named Andy was telling the guest host of John Weiner's show last week that he heard Poppa Kim was furious about his son's being spice heads and blamed Freeze for not looking out for his boys. So, he told the NCAA some stuff on His Most Holiness.

I'm calling bullshit shit on that. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't doubt the Benz theory though. I think the dad's smart enough to blame his own son on the spice however.

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm calling bullshit shit on that. Maybe I'm wrong. Wouldn't doubt the Benz theory though. I think the dad's smart enough to blame his own son on the spice however.

I agree. That Andy fella sounded like he was in between meth hits. Sounded good though.

parabrave
02-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Saw it in Hattiesburg you say? I bet the MSU mafia met at your house, didn't they? Did Coach34 wipe his feet before walking on the carpet?

1987 or '88 was at a Majic Market on 7th Street, Noticed a banged up Mercedes drive up in the parking lot and this bigass guy gets out. Clerk yells hey Marcus. Asked him who the guy was and was told thats Marcus Dupree.

miketice
02-17-2016, 03:42 PM

Thought it was a gold Trans Am. Texas AM bought it and SMU took up payments

Johnson85
02-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Surely they weren't stupid enough to pay in anything but cash. A check can be traced, right? Don't banks scan checks & keep them as records?

If they are buying a car, they will pay in something other than cash unless they're stupid. Much better to hide the paymnet from the NCAA than to raise suspicion taht you are violating structuring rules.

RocketDawg
02-17-2016, 03:50 PM
It's Kimchee

Seems logical, but does he drive a Mercedes? Or perhaps the dad or mom suddenly started driving a new one a few years ago.

Bullsy
02-17-2016, 03:54 PM
I have a picture of the check. Tell me how to attach it and i can post it.

I'll say this. Its written by kimche's dad to the mercedes dealership in jackson. And, the NCAA called the dealership to inquire about the check/purchase. But it was a dead end because its simply a cashiers check from purchaser to dealership... No real evidence of how the check was funded.

By the way, the check is written for over 100k

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 03:59 PM
I have a picture of the check. Tell me how to attach it and i can post it.

I'll say this. Its written by kimche's dad to the mercedes dealership in jackson. And, the NCAA called the dealership to inquire about the check/purchase. But it was a dead end because its simply a cashiers check from purchaser to dealership... No real evidence of how the check was funded.

By the way, the check is written for over 100k

upload the image off your computer to this site: http://imgur.com/

Once the picture is uploaded, right click on it & copy the "image address"

Then click on the photo icon on the tool bard of the reply feature of Elitedawgs

Then copy & paste the image address into that incon, & post it.

Coach34
02-17-2016, 03:59 PM
Ive seen the 100K check- and the car was for his Dad. Kimchee doesnt drive a Mercedes. The problem is there is really no way for the NCAA to prove Daddy didnt just buy it himself. I think this is just one of those things they will get away with

Reason2succeed
02-17-2016, 04:02 PM
What is OM salary cap? No, seriously! How much do you estimate that OM pays out in a year for players?

fishwater99
02-17-2016, 04:05 PM
Maybe the daughter's name was Mercedes.

She definitely swallows then..

RougeDawg
02-17-2016, 04:06 PM
What is OM salary cap? No, seriously! How much do you estimate that OM pays out in a year for players?

From the various statements and individual situations the 2013 class ended up costing over $3mil. Let's not forget we are talking 6 figures for every recruit 4* and up plus houses and cars for family members. This all adds up.

Bullsy
02-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Ive seen the 100K check- and the car was for his Dad. Kimchee doesnt drive a Mercedes. The problem is there is really no way for the NCAA to prove Daddy didnt just buy it himself. I think this is just one of those things they will get away with

Correct. When the NCAA called the director of business at the dealership all he could say was "we dont qualify clients who pay for a car with a cashiers check. All we care about is it being a valid check... Besides, the purchaser is a doctor and could have his own means anyway"

Reason2succeed
02-17-2016, 04:10 PM
From the various statements and individual situations the 2013 class ended up costing over $3mil. Let's not forget we are talking 6 figures for every recruit 4* and up plus houses and cars for family members. This all adds up.

Wow! That's ridiculous. I am a proponent of paying players above board because this level of transactions will eventually get investigated by the FBI or the IRS.

Bullsy
02-17-2016, 04:11 PM
http://imgur.com/a/7yarr

Bullsy
02-17-2016, 04:12 PM

AlSwearengen
02-17-2016, 04:13 PM
What is papa kimdeche doing as far as work since he got runoff from the medical center? I would imagine he kept drawing his paycheck directly from the network instead of them using taxpayer funds to pay him.

LeakyD
02-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Wonder how many times Mr Kimchee paid over 100 K in cash for a car before 2013?

PassInterference
02-17-2016, 04:21 PM
I understand Sunday Nkemdiche didn't get a job at UMC and did not move to Jackson. So why would he buy a Mercedes in Jackson? That's pretty damn interesting.

I mean how many of you fine folks have gone out of state to purchase a brand new car in a small market city? Sure a few of you probably have but I bet none of you who live close to a major metro area are going to little Jackson, MS to buy a new car.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 04:22 PM
I mean, I know this can't be proven, but COME'ON MANE. This is fairly obvious

http://i.imgur.com/Zz7vYrt.jpg

msstate7
02-17-2016, 04:25 PM

Let's assume this bought an om player or family member a Mercedes... How would a pic of this check see the light of day?

Mjoelner34
02-17-2016, 04:27 PM
I understand Sunday Nkemdiche didn't get a job at UMC and did not move to Jackson. So why would he buy a Mercedes in Jackson? That's pretty damn interesting.

I mean how many of you fine folks have gone out of state to purchase a brand new car in a small market city? Sure a few of you probably have but I bet none of you who live close to a major metro area are going to little Jackson, MS to buy a new car.

Because: Nobody beats a Mercedes of Jackson deal! Nobody! (not even dealerships in metro Atlanta that have local competition) **

Billy17
02-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Wow like i said that must be a nice problem to have!!! Is RN's dad some kind of Dr at the hospital in Jackson? Im sure OM hooked him up with that gig

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 04:29 PM
Just curious, someone that know banking: Why a Cashiers Check & not just a normal check or cash?

AlSwearengen
02-17-2016, 04:32 PM
the reaction from the spirit is going to be epic when they see the photo of that check on ED. As a side note, there are apparently a couple over there that have decided that things are worse than what the company line has been. They are being questioned as to why they would post such negative things that could hurt olemiss.

Billy17
02-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Let's assume this bought an om player or family member a Mercedes... How would a pic of this check see the light of day?

they could take fingerprints off of it if they had the check- all you can see from the picture is that it must have been a nice car... maybe whatever that number is could link it

SignalToNoise
02-17-2016, 04:35 PM
Just curious, someone that know banking: Why a Cashiers Check & not just a normal check or cash?

Not a banker, but cashier's checks are guaranteed funds. They are used in real estate transactions, automobile purchases, and other brokerages. So far as cash, I don't think dealerships want to deal in large amounts of cash like that. The are regulatory institutions that would suspect money laundering if someone were handing over a briefcase with $112k in it.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 04:37 PM
they could take fingerprints off of it if they had the check- all you can see from the picture is that it must have been a nice car... maybe whatever that number is could link it

NCAA doesn't have subpoena power. Not a criminal situation

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 04:37 PM
Not a banker, but cashier's checks are guaranteed funds. They are used in real estate transactions, automobile purchases, and other brokerages. So far as cash, I don't think dealerships want to deal in large amounts of cash like that. It would surely draw the eyes of the IRS and other institutions that want to keep tabs on business.

Makes sense

Billy17
02-17-2016, 04:41 PM

I have a buddy that sells cars. guarantee funds some dealerships wont let you take the car home until the check clears. I know of a couple dealerships that got burned like that.. they also got burned by someone that post dates a check

Billy17
02-17-2016, 04:44 PM
NCAA doesn't have subpoena power. Not a criminal situation

to bad would like to run the prints off that check and get the messages off the burner phones

Dawgtini
02-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Not a banker, but cashier's checks are guaranteed funds. They are used in real estate transactions, automobile purchases, and other brokerages. So far as cash, I don't think dealerships want to deal in large amounts of cash like that. The are regulatory institutions that would suspect money laundering if someone were handing over a briefcase with $112k in it.

Yeah, when I sold my trailer to go to Omaha, they wanted to pay by cashiers check. I said "hail naw! I want my five K in cash!" **

Csdog
02-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Makes sense

The NCAA does not have subpoena poer,but they can interview RNs dad and ask him for his bank records showing the source of the funds. If he declines,the NCAA can infer from that what happened.

chainedup_Dawg
02-17-2016, 04:50 PM

I don't know of a reputable dealer that would accept cash. In regards to cashier's check vs personal, cashier's checks are verified funds. Funds that have been verified as being available in the remitter's account. Personal checks, i would think, would open up the opportunity for theft or fraudulent checks being written. Although, there have been cases where cashier's checks were fraudulent and forged as well. It's risky either way for the dealer unless they know the client that is providing the funds or have seen statements proving funds are available

Leroy Jenkins
02-17-2016, 04:51 PM
$112,856.40??? I want to know what the $0.40 was for. Can't even get one of those air freshener trees for that.

Bullsy

A cashier's check is gauranteed. Its as good as cash. In this case, it's also not traceable.

Billy17
The NCAA does not have subpoena poer,but they can interview RNs dad and ask him for his bank records showing the source of the funds. If he declines,the NCAA can infer from that what happened.

I dont think that would be a good idea.. I might be wrong but I think he is a DR if so he could afford that easy. Can anyone confirm that? Im sure om helped him get the job

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 04:53 PM

Well, the NCAA has their own rules so everyone is guilty until they can prove otherwise. Just tell Dr. Kimdouchee that this looks bad with the current climate in Oxford the way it is and if he would be so kind as to clear the matter up with his bank records then we'll be on our way. And if he says screw you the NCAA can just say well, sounds guilty to me.

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 04:56 PM
I dont think that would be a good idea.. I might be wrong but I think he is a DR if so he could afford that easy. Can anyone confirm that? Im sure om helped him get the job

I work for doctors. They don't go around throwing 112k on car with a cashiers check. A large down payment yes but never the whole thing.

Dolphus Raymond
02-17-2016, 04:57 PM
The ole miss fans I know (and posts I have read) are not near as confident as they were two weeks ago. I think the Vaughn/UT story took a lot of wind out of their sails. To quote Bob Dylan "You don't need a weatherman to to know which way the wind blows". Ole Miss fans now know that a storm is brewing and in all likelihood it is going to be a bad one. It must really suck to be them right now. Better them than us.

Tbonewannabe
02-17-2016, 05:01 PM
I would also like to throw out there that the great state of Georgia charges 6% tax for a car tag to dissuade people from purchasing vehicles from out of state. So on top of paying Mississippi tax you would have to pay an additional 6% to Georgia. Living in GA, you have to get a hell of a deal to buy out of state. I just moved to Georgia last year so even though I bought my car several months before even thinking of moving I had to pay 6% of the blue book value for my first car tag.

Billy17
02-17-2016, 05:03 PM
I work for doctors. They don't go around throwing 112k on car with a cashiers check. A large down payment yes but never the whole thing.

Yea that makes sense. Im sure the hospital pays him pretty good but 112K is alot of money

Reason2succeed
02-17-2016, 05:12 PM
The date, location, and amount ought to be enough to raise reasonable doubt on the part of the NCAA. NCAA just needs to ask questions and ask to look at bank records. They can't stonewall like they did Renaldo but refusal to cooperate looks mighty shady.

Virgil Caine
02-17-2016, 05:16 PM

Someone with that kind of money would be better off throwing a down payment down and investing the rest of the money. Car loans are usually around 4% and you can get a better return on money than 4%. Same reason people generally don't pay all cash for houses even if they have it.

Billy17
02-17-2016, 05:16 PM

I just noticed your picture - that is a good one

Csdog
02-17-2016, 05:19 PM
I just noticed your picture - that is a good one

RNs dad did not have the type of medical practice which would generate over $112 k in cash. I am not even sure he is board certified

Really Clark?
02-17-2016, 05:19 PM
He is not a medical doctor but more of a researcher of cardiology in African-Americans. If I remember correctly. And wasn't there some questions whether he had a completed doctorate degree? Maybe I'm misremembering that.

Coach34
02-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Yea that makes sense. Im sure the hospital pays him pretty good but 112K is alot of money

What hospital does he work at? He never got to take the job at UMC because it was snuffed out before they could make it happen

Boodawg
02-17-2016, 05:23 PM
I found a site that says he's a medical consultant which according to other sites has a salary of less than 100K/year.

Coach34
02-17-2016, 05:23 PM
RNs dad did not have the type of medical practice which would generate over $112 k in cash. I am not even sure he is board certified

He wasnt board certified 3 years ago. Thats why he was having to take some research job the BearSharks were trying to hook him up with

EAVdog
02-17-2016, 05:35 PM
What hospital does he work at? He never got to take the job at UMC because it was snuffed out before they could make it happen

He works at CMMC, he started shortly after Robert began at Ole Miss. Supposedly he's a real nice guy to work with.

Billy17
02-17-2016, 05:36 PM

I could be wrong and a buddy said he worked for the hospital in Jackson.fs. He isnt a creditable source obviously.. if he makes less than a 100K a year than no he cant write a check that big

BossDawg
02-17-2016, 05:37 PM
I could see a high ranking #network member throwing in his daughter's slightly used mercedees suv as a last minute sweetener.

And his daughter, and I'm not even close to being sarcastic. I'm convinced there are many UM bagmen that would pimp out their own daughter if it might help sway a recruit's decision. They would skip a light payment or a meal for their own child if they knew it was needed for a LOI. They get weird, just flat-out WEIRD when it comes to recruiting. I've said it before and I'm being 100% serious when I say it, but they literally worship these recruits: WORSHIP.

I saw a pic on FB the other day that some ultra-UM homer posted of him posing next to RN. The thing is RN had his shirt off and this was obviously before or after either a practice or game. It was in a locker room with several half-naked players in the background, too. I thought, who in the world gets so wound up and excited about another person that they have to harass that person for a pic at a time like that? UM fans, that's who. I'll see if I can go find that pic.

maroonmania
02-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Well, the NCAA has their own rules so everyone is guilty until they can prove otherwise. Just tell Dr. Kimdouchee that this looks bad with the current climate in Oxford the way it is and if he would be so kind as to clear the matter up with his bank records then we'll be on our way. And if he says screw you the NCAA can just say well, sounds guilty to me.

Exactly, this goes back to the Renardo Sidney situation. His amateur status was revoked because of suspected payments from shoe companies that the Sidneys wouldn't refute by providing bank records. If Dr. K bought the car with his own funds it would not take a lot to show where 112K was withdrawn from SOMEWHERE! Whether a bank account, a money market, a retirement fund, etc. If you paid out 112K in liquid funds then some account you had would have gone down by roughly that amount around that same timeframe. If you refuse to show anything to the NCAA then, per the Sidney situation, it amounts to admitting guilt.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 05:57 PM
If Kimchee SR had $112,000 to spend on a new car, then that means he had $112,000+ In his account.

I'm curious if he paid income tax on that much money? I'm sure the IRS would be curious as well.

PassInterference
02-17-2016, 05:58 PM
If Kimchee SR had $112,000 to spend on a new car, then that means he had $112,000+ In his account.

I'm curious if he paid income tax on that much money? I'm sure the IRS would be curious as well.

I think we don't know that the check from from SK's account. Could have come from a booster's account. Or more likely, a slush fund account.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 06:03 PM
I think we don't know that the check from from SK's account. Could have come from a booster's account. Or more likely, a slush fund account.

Then he still has to pay a gift tax. It would be money laundering if he there were no taxes paid. The government can't allow funds to go untaxed in the form of merchandise.

Bully13
02-17-2016, 06:04 PM

Hey rogue, where you getting this 3mm info?

Percho
02-17-2016, 06:05 PM

That was a down payment. :)

Dash Riprock
02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
I saw that check and it was a certified bank check made out to Mercedes of Jackson for Kmndeche's (sp) dad's new Mercedes. The sales manager, at the time, was interviewed by the NCAA about the check, but don't know how anything comes of it since the NCAA has no subpoena power and can't compel anyone to talk...

parabrave
02-17-2016, 06:17 PM

Insert Cam rule here.** BTW what did he get for denzels signature?

msstate7
02-17-2016, 06:20 PM
Insert Cam rule here.** BTW what did he get for denzels signature?

Medical insurance**

gtowndawg
02-17-2016, 06:23 PM
I saw that check and it was a certified bank check made out to Mercedes of Jackson for Kmndeche's (sp) dad's new Mercedes. The sales manager, at the time, was interviewed by the NCAA about the check, but don't know how anything comes of it since the NCAA has no subpoena power and can't compel anyone to talk...

Here's the check. It's making the rounds now....

http://s22.postimg.org/wfkpq1ha9/wow.png

Sorry: didn't realize it had been posted already

Spiderman
02-17-2016, 06:30 PM

An unemployed Dr. at the time of the signing

Bully13
02-17-2016, 06:32 PM
The sales manager wouldn't have any info possibly. Gotta know the owner of the regions bank account the funds were drawn from

Bully13
02-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Being that's a transaction above 10k, the IRS has the right to investigate it too

the59dawg
02-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Some of their fans are crazy enough to do stupid things to him. Like jail worthy things. So yes, he deserves a lot of respect. I hope he keeps it coming.

I believe Steve has enough resources/help to fend off the crazies. Several of the threats have been reported to police. And he is not flying "blind" in this.

Technetium
02-17-2016, 07:02 PM

Yep. I don't know a single doctor who would drop that sum of money all at once to buy a car.

ILOATHEBears
02-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Correct. When the NCAA called the director of business at the dealership all he could say was "we dont qualify clients who pay for a car with a cashiers check. All we care about is it being a valid check... Besides, the purchaser is a doctor and could have his own means anyway"

How do u know the NCAA contacted the car dealer? That's some scoop! Thanks

Bullsy
02-17-2016, 07:23 PM
How do u know the NCAA contacted the car dealer? That's some scoop! Thanks

Im friends with the guy and he told me. He said it was obvious what happend but from a business perspective they didnt care where the check came from--only that it was valid. They get more large checks than you think. FWIW, he does not work there any more.

Dawg496
02-17-2016, 07:26 PM
According to its EXIF data, the image was not manipulated.

That could mean that if it is a photoshop, the creator was savvy enough to remove any clues. It could also mean the check itself is photoshopped, printed, then a real picture was taken of it.

It could also mean the Bears are cheating bastards and bought The Flying Nkemdiche a merc.

ILOATHEBears
02-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Im friends with the guy and he told me. He said it was obvious what happend but from a business perspective they didnt care where the check came from--only that it was valid. They get more large checks than you think. FWIW, he does not work there any more.

That's good stuff. The plot continues to thicken. I'm feeling better that the longer this goes the end is near for freezus

DoctorDawg
02-17-2016, 07:42 PM
If a man didn't want to finance through a dealership but through his own bank, would this type of check be used?

Jacksondevildog
02-17-2016, 07:44 PM
From the spirit:

7906 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 5:29 PM
Well you'd be naive to think that after a 3 yr............
investigation, possibly 4 that a slap of the wrist is in order. Better savor that Sugar Bowl trip cause it may be a while before OM sees postseason. Its a damn shame that this had to happen to Freeze cause he is the best coach that we have had since Vaught, and I believe he's honest too. I don't think the necks have enough influence to do this, it has Saban written all over it.
rate it 1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars Reply | Quote

Mjoelner34
02-17-2016, 07:47 PM
From the spirit:

7906 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
investigation, possibly 4 that a slap of the wrist is in order. Better savor that Sugar Bowl trip cause it may be a while before OM sees postseason. Its a damn shame that this had to happen to Freeze cause he is the best coach that we have had since Vaught, and I believe he's honest too. I don't think the necks have enough influence to do this, it has Saban written all over it.

They're entering the depression stage. Good. Good.

BoomBoom
02-17-2016, 07:56 PM
If a man didn't want to finance through a dealership but through his own bank, would this type of check be used?

in my experience no, the funds are transferred electronically, not via cashier's check. but there could be exceptions.

Billy17
02-17-2016, 07:59 PM
the bank fiance instead of dealer fiance is a good question. I did a bank fiance on a car one time it was with usaa they gave me a bank check. like someone said earlier if he makes less that 100k he cant write a check for that amount. I do know 2 research dr's at major hospitals make well over 200k but from what people say on here he isnt a dr. something fishy is going on what can we do about it

TrapGame
02-17-2016, 08:02 PM
From the spirit:

7906 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report

Delicious. They're starting to feel the walls closing in.

Dawgowar
02-17-2016, 08:04 PM
the bank fiance instead of dealer fiance is a good question. I did a bank fiance on a car one time it was with usaa they gave me a bank check. like someone said earlier if he makes less that 100k he cant write a check for that amount. I do know 2 research dr's at major hospitals make well over 200k but from what people say on here he isnt a dr. something fishy is going on what can we do about it

Man, you young guys got it easy - you can get a fiance ' at a bank or a dealer - that is like a wife pimp or something.

Just kidding - made me chuckle. Hate auto-correct's tendency to make me look dumber than I are.

Virgil Caine
02-17-2016, 08:53 PM
Being that's a transaction above 10k, the IRS has the right to investigate it too
If he did something with the money to avoid the 10k automatic reporting, he could be charged with criminal structuring possibly under this https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5324.

Beard Dawg
02-17-2016, 09:21 PM

I worked for a large car dealership in Jackson for a couple of years and then in loans at a local bank for a few years after that. I can tell you that 90% of the time when a person finances a vehicle outside of the dealership, the lender will pay the full amount owed with a certified check like the one shown in the picture (I've seen plenty of Regions checks too and that is one of them. The routing number shows that it was written from a branch in Alabama).

If there is anything suspicious about this it is the fact that it makes no sense to finance a $112,000.00 car from a secondary lender like a bank. The interest rates offered by primary lenders (GMAC,Ford Motor Credit, Mercedes-Benz Financial, etc.) are way lower than banks! If this person did finance this through Regions, he literally threw away thousands of dollars. It would make more logical sense if this check were drawn off someone's personal account. But then again, people do dumb things all the time.

ShotgunDawg
02-17-2016, 09:25 PM
From the spirit:

7906 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report

They consider a guy that cheats his ass off the best coach since Vaught?

That should tell you a lot about the character and integrity of the fan base

Boodawg
02-17-2016, 09:35 PM
I don't believe they think he cheats. They are delusional.

Schultzy
02-17-2016, 09:37 PM
I worked for a large car dealership in Jackson for a couple of years and then in loans at a local bank for a few years after that. I can tell you that 90% of the time when a person finances a vehicle outside of the dealership, the lender will pay the full amount owed with a certified check like the one shown in the picture (I've seen plenty of Regions checks too and that is one of them. The routing number shows that it was written from a branch in Alabama).

If there is anything suspicious about this it is the fact that it makes no sense to finance a $112,000.00 car from a secondary lender like a bank. The interest rates offered by primary lenders (GMAC,Ford Motor Credit, Mercedes-Benz Financial, etc.) are way lower than banks! If this person did finance this through Regions, he literally threw away thousands of dollars. It would make more logical sense if this check were drawn off someone's personal account. But then again, people do dumb things all the time.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/602/339/c74.png

_edited because Schultzy sucks at posting...

Mutt the Hoople
02-17-2016, 10:13 PM
the thing to remember is that, during Segregation and the Civil rights era, Mississippi TV stations would routinely interrupt national broadcasts when the news was about Mississippi.

today's Mississippi journalists are simply following in the tradition of their white-trash racist KKK-hooded, drooling, uni-browed, windowlicking forebears.

32 Dive
02-17-2016, 10:44 PM
If he did something with the money to avoid the 10k automatic reporting, he could be charged with criminal structuring possibly under this https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5324.

The IRS probably knows about the check, already. If Regions is going to cut a cashier's cheque for 112k, the details of that transaction were surely logged and reported. That would be in line with regulations, I would presume.

I'm assuming the only purpose of this check, is to protect the public anonymity of the source of funds. Unless there is some law broken with this money, the "purchaser" due to lack of a better word, would not be disclosed. Right?

Virgil Caine
02-17-2016, 11:04 PM
The IRS probably knows about the check, already. If Regions is going to cut a cashier's cheque for 112k, the details of that transaction were surely logged and reported. That would be in line with regulations, I would presume.

I'm assuming the only purpose of this check, is to protect the public anonymity of the source of funds. Unless there is some law broken with this money, the "purchaser" due to lack of a better word, would not be disclosed. Right?
Yeah, I'm sure the cashier's check transaction was logged, but my question would be if they original deposits into the account were logged or were structured to not be logged. Would be awfully strange if someone with a 100k/year salary suddenly deposited 200k into his/her account. I'm pretty sure Obama's DOJ has ramped up investigation into criminal structuring.

Of course take what I say with a grain of salt. I'm certainly no criminal lawyer. I just remember reading about this in the news.

Coackjek
02-17-2016, 11:04 PM

Just a side note but why does it look like it's been shoved in a pocket. I had to use a cashiers check on a house purchase six months ago and it didn't look in nearly the same shape as this one. It looks like it's exchanged a few hands. And also what is the difference in the date of purchase vs the date on the check?

sbcmortgageman
02-18-2016, 06:11 AM

This check was not cut in AL. It was cut in MS. Ridgeland to be exact.

RocketDawg
02-18-2016, 08:47 AM

Here's a couple of possibilities where it might make sense: Financing through a bank or credit union can be done for convenience (automatic payments debited from an account) easier than through a car dealer's company. And sometimes financing through a dealer means if you want to pay off the loan early there is a fee, whereas banks do not charge such a fee.

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 09:03 AM
This whole thing is just a screaming red flag for the NCAA. Here's why:

1. If you are rich enough to write a 100K check for a car, are you really worried about shopping around for the best deal to the extent you would look two states over? Not likely.
2. What are the odds that a dealership in Jackson, MS, has a car of this value sitting on the lot that none of the dealerships ATL didn't have? If anything, it would be the ATL dealers having a 100K car on the lot due to all the professional athletes in town and the Jackson dealer getting it from them.

Now they may have their tracks covered well enough to get away with this but I put the odds of this being a legit transaction at about 1 in 112,856.40.

fishwater99
02-18-2016, 10:08 AM

Or he could have gotten a loan from Regions and they cut the check. This happens every day.

The question is... Where did the money come from?

Mjoelner34
02-18-2016, 10:15 AM
The question is... Where did the money come from?

That's easy:
http://www.aplaceformom.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/scam-email.jpg

7dawg
02-18-2016, 10:30 AM
This whole deal could be easily confirmed by the NCAA. All they have to do is request bank records to see if he had the money to begin with or to see if he obtained a bank loan. Not sure if the NCAA actually has any leverage to apply this pressure this late in the game. The only leverage they had was revoking RK's eligibility much like Renardo. Since RK went pro, the family has no reason to give the info to them, unless Daddy really is pissed as rumors indicate.

1bigdawg
02-18-2016, 10:34 AM
I am pretty sure that at the time of the check that Dr. Nkimdiche was working at a job for a friend of mine making significantly less than the amount of the check. If so, there is no way he would have gotten that much in financing for a car on his own.

Unfortunately, the NCAA cannot compel him to testify or the bank to produce records so this may come to nothing.

TrapGame
02-18-2016, 10:40 AM
I am pretty sure that at the time of the check that Dr. Nkimdiche was working at a job for a friend of mine making significantly less than the amount of the check. If so, there is no way he would have gotten that much in financing for a car on his own.

Unfortunately, the NCAA cannot compel him to testify or the bank to produce records so this may come to nothing.

Uh, no.

The NCAA plays by its own rules. You are guilty until you prove your innocence. All they have to do is tell Daddy Spice that 2+2 is not equaling 4 and he could easily clear this with a few bank records. If Father of the Spice Boys says no then the NCAA has their answer and can proceed along the assumption this is a dirty deal done to secure Lil' Spice Boy's sig on signing day.

fishwater99
02-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Uh, no.

The NCAA plays by its own rules. You are guilty until you prove your innocence. All they have to do is tell Daddy Spice that 2+2 is not equaling 4 and he could easily clear this with a few bank records. If Father of the Spice Boys says no then the NCAA has their answer and can proceed along the assumption this is a dirty deal done to secure Lil' Spice Boy's sig on signing day.

True, but it's too late he is done at Northern Miss, and there is no way to tie the check to them..

This should have been looked at back in 2013.

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 11:30 AM
True, but it's too late he is done at Northern Miss, and there is no way to tie the check to them..

May not have known it then. They nailed USCw for Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo after they were long gone.

TrapGame
02-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Nope. Doesn't work that way. SVD is right.

The NCAA needs smoke. The fire is secondary. If it looks improper and they (the NCAA) give you ample opportunity to clear the smoke and you refuse to cooperate, that's all they need to proceed that there was an impropriety associated with this incident.

Coach34
02-18-2016, 12:16 PM
The process is so slow- you have to assault your StepDad usually to get caught while still in school

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 12:29 PM
The process is so slow- you have to assault your StepDad usually to get caught while still in school

Who would be dumb enough to do that?***

Bothrops
02-18-2016, 02:18 PM
Just a side note but why does it look like it's been shoved in a pocket. I had to use a cashiers check on a house purchase six months ago and it didn't look in nearly the same shape as this one. It looks like it's exchanged a few hands. And also what is the difference in the date of purchase vs the date on the check?

It looks to have been folded in a billfold.

Leroy Jenkins
02-18-2016, 02:38 PM
I have 2 questions,
1. Who took the pic?
2. Why?

People just don't go around taking pictures of checks for no reason. There had to be something of particular interest to the guy who snapped the picture, like he knew something.

fishwater99
02-18-2016, 02:44 PM
May not have known it then. They nailed USCw for Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo after they were long gone.

My point was for RK's eligibility. he's done..
Unless his dad talks they don't have any proof to punish Northern Miss..

AlSwearengen
02-18-2016, 02:46 PM
I have 2 questions,
1. Who took the pic?
2. Why?

People just don't go around taking pictures of checks for no reason. There had to be something of particular interest to the guy who snapped the picture, like he knew something.

This is the first thing I thought when it was posted.

starkvegasdawg
02-18-2016, 02:56 PM

I know he's done. Agree on that point but this is about more than him and that is where I disagree with his second point.

If the NCAA is suspect of how this went down they can ask that he provide proof he was able to afford that car on his own and write a check like that. If he can't. or won't, then the NCAA can rule improper benefits can bend TSUN over like a drunk sorority girl over a pool table. It's been mentioned before but with the NCAA you are guilty until proven innocent. Burden of proof is completely opposite that of a criminal trial.

JoseBrown
02-18-2016, 03:12 PM

If it is in the NOA or is added to the NOA, or second letter whatever, then it is on Ole Miss to disprove the allegation. What they would be trying to do now. If they can't disprove it then they own it.

huffy
02-18-2016, 03:40 PM
I have 2 questions,
1. Who took the pic?
2. Why?

This photo looks like was taken of a copy of the check from a copy machine. Some dude probably photocopied it, folded it up, and shoved it in his pocket to show it to his buddies.. one buddy snapped a pic with his phone and boom. it hit the internet.

Just my guess.

Red Sox Dawg
02-18-2016, 03:43 PM
The NCAA might already have this information.

sandwolf
02-18-2016, 03:53 PM
This photo looks like was taken of a copy of the check from a copy machine.

Looks like an actual check to me......you can see where the top edge was perforated.

Leroy Jenkins
02-18-2016, 03:57 PM
This photo looks like was taken of a copy of the check from a copy machine. Some dude probably photocopied it, folded it up, and shoved it in his pocket to show it to his buddies.. one buddy snapped a pic with his phone and boom. it hit the internet.

Just my guess.

Even if that's the case my question is still "why". Why would someone go through the trouble if this were a routine transaction.

Bully13
02-18-2016, 04:30 PM
Even if that's the case my question is still "why". Why would someone go through the trouble if this were a routine transaction.

Question of the day. Whoever did this thought it was significant. The only way this WOULD be significant is if it were drawn off of someone else's account other than the new owner of the Mercedes.

huffy
02-18-2016, 08:50 PM
Looks like an actual check to me......you can see where the top edge was perforated.

nope. here's an example from 2012:
https://mattnt.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/img_0544.jpg

Well it is a dealership in Jackson... and that's a very unique last name. I would guess about 75% of Mississippians are dedicated football fans and RK was getting close to being a household name for any football fan regardless of their school preference. I'm sure whoever touched the check instantly put the pieces together.

When buying a car, at least in my experience, the paperwork is done in the salesman's office and then the check is hand delivered to the financial dept. I'm sure it was pretty easy to swing by the copier on the way.

and like I said... it's something brag to their friends about. whether it makes sense or not.

again, totally just a guess.

Dawgpile
02-19-2016, 12:08 AM
I have 2 questions,
1. Who took the pic?
2. Why?

I've worked in the car business for some time. Copies of every part of the deal is documented in the file. Hell, even with a cash down payment, the bills are photocopied. SOP in the dealerships I've worked at.

DancingRabbit
02-19-2016, 12:23 AM
I have 2 questions,
1. Who took the pic?
2. Why?

1. Obviously an LSU fan that worked at the dealership.
2. Just documenting possible irregularities involving their #1 rival.