PDA

View Full Version : For you basketball guys have a question

BB30
02-17-2016, 09:30 AM
When it comes to basketball I watch State and that is about it. I don't keep up with recruiting except for what is said on here etc. Will Q be a draft prospect at some point, don't know how the NBA draft works as I don't keep up with anything NBA. If not what is he missing? Undersized?

Big4Dawg
02-17-2016, 09:33 AM
Most freshmen who leave early are top players in their recruiting class. Q will be at some point but he is probably barely on the radar now

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Q probably a 3yr guy. Great college player but he doesn't have a defined skill set yet.

YoungB
02-17-2016, 10:20 AM
He's long for his height
Rebounds better than his size
Seems to be able to get his shot or drive
Gets to the free-throw line
Shoots well outside, could be elite in a couple of years
Quick Release
Not a lot of wasted motion, very smooth

He will definitely get looks in a couple of years. If he progresses I could see him being drafted.

Right now its much easier for me to project him with NBA potential than Malik.

fishwater99
02-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Q probably a 3yr guy. Great college player but he doesn't have a defined skill set yet.

His brother Nick will be a freshman for us when Q is a Junior. He is the top player in MS for 2017.

BulldogBacker
02-17-2016, 10:27 AM
He's long for his height
Rebounds better than his size
Seems to be able to get his shot or drive
Gets to the free-throw line
Shoots well outside, could be elite in a couple of years
Quick Release
Not a lot of wasted motion, very smooth

He will definitely get looks in a couple of years. If he progresses I could see him being drafted.

Right now its much easier for me to project him with NBA potential than Malik.

If I had to make a comparison, I would compare him to Klay Thompson of the Warriors. Klay Thompson is one of those "quiet scorers," doesn't make many razzle-dazzle plays, but scores 15+ points most games.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2016, 10:37 AM
If I had to make a comparison, I would compare him to Klay Thompson of the Warriors. Klay Thompson is one of those "quiet scorers," doesn't make many razzle-dazzle plays, but scores 15+ points most games.

Klay & Q aren't really similar in any way. Klay is arguably the 2nd best shooter in the league. He's also a consistent 20ppg guy capable of going for 40 any night. Klay has a well defined skill set as a dead eye shooter. Q right now is more of a jack of all trades just find a way to win type kid. His skill level will rise obviously but I see 0 Klay Thompson in him. Now of course he's not this good but his game is more Jimmy Butler. A tough do it all guy who has worked & worked & worked & developed into an All Star. The biggest difference is both of those guys are 6'7" & Q is 6'4".

Big4Dawg
02-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Coutney Lee is probably a better comparison than Klay.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Coutney Lee is probably a better comparison than Klay.

That's a good comparison. Maybe even former KY player Archie Goodwin too.

tcdog70
02-17-2016, 02:11 PM
Q to me compares to one of the Bulldog greats of the 70s--Ray White. both come in as Freshmen and score around 16 a game and play great defense. They have a knack for rebounding and can get to the free throw line.

YoungB
02-17-2016, 02:36 PM
How about this compare, another former Howland player Aaron Afflalo.