PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to dog Ready...

messageboardsuperhero
02-17-2016, 12:46 AM
When he makes a dumb play late in games, you also have to give him a lot of credit for the last five seconds tonight. That was great awareness not to rush at the end and make a really unselfish pass to the open shooter.

For all hai defensive limitations, IJ is a very solid offensive player.

MarketingBully
02-17-2016, 12:58 AM
He did a pretty good job defensively tonight. Played unselfish and looked for his teammates. He also blocked a 7 footer and had very active hands for steals. If we can get this Ready and not the one from earlier in the season, we will be in great shape at PG. He is a good player when he plays within himself and does his job. Tonight he did the little things that helped us with the win tonight.

Dawg61
02-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Ready threw a bounce pass to Ware that was a thing of beauty tonight.

whosyourdawgy
02-17-2016, 07:48 AM
I have been really critical of him but he played a great game tonight on both ends of the court. He only took one bad shot that I recall and he had me worried at the end when i thought he dribbled a little too long with the clock winding down But he was very good last night

Tbonewannabe
02-17-2016, 07:50 AM
If he plays like that, we might win several more games down the stretch.

msstate7
02-17-2016, 08:07 AM
We're a much better team with ready at the point

Goat from MSU
02-17-2016, 09:31 AM
When Ready plays well such as last night ,certain people on this board ,are as quiet as church mice.

maroonmania
02-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Maybe getting a game winning assist last night will make him realize that in the final minute of a close game he can do things to help us win that don't involve him trying to take all the shots. Kudos to him for finding the open man in the final 5 seconds.

MarketingBully
02-17-2016, 09:56 AM
Maybe getting a game winning assist last night will make him realize that in the final minute of a close game he can do things to help us win that don't involve him trying to take all the shots. Kudos to him for finding the open man in the final 5 seconds.

I loved that simply because it showed growth as a player on his part to look and find the open man. He grew up last night and was a big reason we won last night.

jumbo
02-17-2016, 12:09 PM
He's so much better as a facilitator and not an "I have the ball so Im going to shoot" guy.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-17-2016, 01:25 PM
When he makes a dumb play late in games, you also have to give him a lot of credit for the last five seconds tonight. That was great awareness not to rush at the end and make a really unselfish pass to the open shooter.

For all hai defensive limitations, IJ is a very solid offensive player.

My only knock on Ready is that while a solid contributor at times, he was inconsistent and sometimes his decision making especially late in games was terrible. I always said whenever he learned "his role" and quit trying to be a hero that he was going to be legit. Over the course of the season I think he is finally coming around and I am feeling better about him moving forward next year. We need senior leadership to go along with the talent we got coming in. He can end up being VERY solid for us next year if he stays on the course is currently on.

MarketingBully
02-17-2016, 02:11 PM
My only knock on Ready is that while a solid contributor at times, he was inconsistent and sometimes his decision making especially late in games was terrible. I always said whenever he learned "his role" and quit trying to be a hero that he was going to be legit. Over the course of the season I think he is finally coming around and I am feeling better about him moving forward next year. We need senior leadership to go along with the talent we got coming in. He can end up being VERY solid for us next year if he stays on the course is currently on.

Agreed. He doesn't need to be "the man" as we have plenty of players to facilitate that. I just wish he would have figured that out from the beginning of this year. Had he done that, we definitely would have won at least 4 of those 8 games we lost by 6 points or less. Our record would be 15-10 (6-7) instead of 11-14 (4-9) and our outlook for this year would have been completely different.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
02-17-2016, 02:26 PM
All I've ever wanted from Ready is to bring the ball down the court, penetrate & kick, and get some quick steals on D to start a fast break. He still doesn't penetrate much but he's improved as a facilitator throughout the year. Add to that the fact that he's been getting some of those strip & runs that never quite materialized until after this year's Xmas break, and I'm very happy w/ Ready at the moment. He will be on next year's team, and he will be an asset.