PDA

View Full Version : Question?

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 11:42 AM
In light of recent events, do you think Ole Miss dials it back with the cheating for the time being, or are they so arrogant that they just continue to cheat while under investigation?

Pollodawg
08-12-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't know, but I know that they are already trying to spin it to look like it's us under investigation and not them. lol

Homedawg
08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
In light of recent events, do you think Ole Miss dials it back with the cheating for the time being, or are they so arrogant that they just continue to cheat while under investigation?

No chance they dial anything back.

Political Hack
08-12-2013, 11:52 AM
that's like asking if they're going to stop water from falling over Niagra Falls.

You can fix a leaky pipe in a day, but you can't change your plumbing system overnight. The 12 month plan is already in place this year... no stopping it now.

Ronny
08-12-2013, 12:15 PM
..double down.

The OM fanbase sees Freeze as a great Christian man who is incapable of unethical activity.

They will vilify Chris Jones, Mullen & Miss. State during this whole process.

Put it this way: They will claim the superior moral righteous of Ole Miss football in general & Hugh Freeze specifically until the NCAA G-men are in Oxford confiscating the OM Athletic Dept.'s hard drives.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Depends on how long you can string this out, like USC and Bush. If you think you can get 12-18 months before anything happens, roll the dice to try and make it to one of the big bowls and get the huge payday, see Auburn and Cam. It really comes down to whatever their cost-benefit analysis tells them. If we are going to get hammered, drag it out and do the same thing again and go for broke.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying ole miss will pull an Auburn and win it all or make a great bowl. Just saying the incentive is their to pull the same shit if you believe there will be a long investigation.

HereComesTheSpiral
08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
..double down.

The OM fanbase sees Freeze as a great Christian man who is incapable of unethical activity.

They will vilify Chris Jones, Mullen & Miss. State during this whole process.

Put it this way: They will claim the superior moral righteous of Ole Miss football in general & Hugh Freeze specifically until the NCAA G-men are in Oxford confiscating the OM Athletic Dept.'s hard drives.

Ole miss and ethical decisions never belong in the same sentence. I wonder how Scruggs and Langston like their new living situation.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Ole miss and ethical decisions never belong in the same sentence. I wonder how Scruggs and Langston like their new living situation.

Boom Goes the Dynamite! STRONG.

engie
08-12-2013, 12:54 PM
They will HAVE to dial it back if this goes how it might...

mic
08-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Depends on how long you can string this out, like USC and Bush. If you think you can get 12-18 months before anything happens, roll the dice to try and make it to one of the big bowls and get the huge payday, see Auburn and Cam. It really comes down to whatever their cost-benefit analysis tells them. If we are going to get hammered, drag it out and do the same thing again and go for broke.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying ole miss will pull an Auburn and win it all or make a great bowl. Just saying the incentive is their to pull the same shit if you believe there will be a long investigation.

who knows how this will drag out and what all the NCAA will find.
What I do know is They aren't going to any major bowl.. It takes more than one , what is now a top 15, recruiting class the first year to add enough depth. Yes they have some good and very good players at certain positions but in no way do they have near the depth to make a run at anything in the SEC.. An injury here or there at certain positions will kill them.. also they've had lots of attrition past 2 -3 years .. They did have great chemistry last year and most of their players bought in.. Now you have a few divas and "promised playing time" frosh coming in.. if chemistry isn't there who knows what this year brings for them. and if they get off to a slow start on top of this NCAA investigation hanging over their heads the wheels could fall off quickly and snowball downhill..

bulldawg28
08-12-2013, 05:08 PM
If they dial it back they lose comittments the money is the reason for their elite guys being in board.