PDA

View Full Version : Bravo Dan Mullen

cheewgumm
02-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Obviously he is working at improving our recruiting. I applaud the effort.

Saltydog
02-16-2016, 03:07 PM
nt

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 03:07 PM
Yes, and these are coaches that are long-term payouts.....recrootin doesn't show up for 2-3 years. He obviously isn't looking to jump ship as much as people say.

cheewgumm
02-16-2016, 03:09 PM
I think the people he is hiring reflect that he is trying to improve our recruiting.

Disagree if you want.

Commercecomet24
02-16-2016, 03:09 PM
Yes, and these are coaches that are long-term payouts.....recrootin doesn't show up for 2-3 years. He obviously isn't looking to jump ship as much as people say.

I see this as well. It appears he is laying a long term foundation.

NCDawg
02-16-2016, 03:20 PM
I'll say "Bravo Dan Mullen" when he gets a new offensive line coach.

vv83
02-16-2016, 03:25 PM
I'll say "Bravo Dan Mullen" when he gets a new offensive line coach.

Agree. It's amazing he can't see Hev is costing us major. Or maybe he does and doesnt care

Johnson85
02-16-2016, 03:32 PM
I think the people he is hiring reflect that he is trying to improve our recruiting.

Disagree if you want.

I think they probably do, but I'm also not sure what is proactive and what is reactive. We lost Manny, Townsend, Hughes, sleepy, and a GA. We've added Sirmons, Buckley, Linguist, Peterson, and now Patrick Austin.

So are we adding one new off-field recruiting position? Or did I miss somebody that already left?

ETA: I see I missed Gibson and John Hannelin, so we've added three, maybe four off field recruiting positions?

BossDawg
02-16-2016, 03:34 PM
Agree. It's amazing he can't see Hev is costing us major. Or maybe he does and doesnt care

I think he probably does but is apprehensive about letting Hev go. It'd be like firing your best friend, I guess.

War Machine Dawg
02-16-2016, 03:41 PM
I think he probably does but is apprehensive about letting Hev go. It'd be like firing your best friend, I guess.

Not like. That's exactly what it is. But Mullen made the call to bring him along and can't get him hired away. So now it's time to decide if he wants to keep making $4M+/year or if he wants to keep his best friend employed. It's time for him to make the Croom/McCorvey decision, so far as I - and many others here - are concerned.

TStationDawg
02-16-2016, 03:42 PM
I am of the opinion HEV CAN coach the OL~ just can't 'croot. There are worse things. If these hires can address the problem and allow him to focus on his strength, that's a solid management move and I applaud it.

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 03:48 PM
I am of the opinion HEV CAN coach the OL~ just can't 'croot. There are worse things. If these hires can address the problem and allow him to focus on his strength, that's a solid management move and I applaud it.
This is not opinion. Hevesy is a good OL coach. He's just an asshole and cannot croot. Just as simple as you say.

TStationDawg
02-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Thanks for confirming what I said. I needed that.

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2016, 04:03 PM

Ok then, here's an idea.

Do what Ole Miss does with Wommack. Don't let Hev recruit off campus and let Brad Peterson take his spot.

Hev only wants to recruit on campus at camps anyway, so why not just let him do that.

DancingRabbit
02-16-2016, 04:04 PM

Message boards tend to have a mob mentality. Over the last year this one has gone from "damn right, Hev can coach 'em up" to "Hev is the worst OL coach EVAH".

In Mullen's years here our average conference rank in rushing is 6th, and our average rank in sacks allowed is 6th. Not spectacular but in the top half.

Last year our OL play definitely sucked. Dan and Hev need to get it fixed this off-season.

Going on what I read, I like the coaching moves so far. Like many here have said, was hoping we would move Wallach to an office and hire a recruiting super star there.

DancingRabbit
02-16-2016, 04:05 PM
Ok then, here's an idea.

Do what Ole Miss does with Wommack. Don't let Hev recruit off campus and let Brad Peterson take his spot.

Hev only wants to recruit on campus at camps anyway, so why not just let him do that.

Makes sense to me.

TStationDawg
02-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Ok then, here's an idea.

In total agreement.

notsofarawaydawg
02-16-2016, 04:13 PM
This is not opinion. Hevesy is a good OL coach. He's just an asshole and cannot croot. Just as simple as you say.

His wife is even a bigger asshole.

Johnson85
02-16-2016, 04:15 PM
In Mullen's years here our average conference rank in rushing is 6th, and our average rank in sacks allowed is 6th. Not spectacular but in the top half.

I would say outside of 2010 and 2014, our OL talent has been solidly in the bottom half, so 6th isn't bad.

Todd4State
02-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Not like. That's exactly what it is. But Mullen made the call to bring him along and can't get him hired away. So now it's time to decide if he wants to keep making $4M+/year or if he wants to keep his best friend employed. It's time for him to make the Croom/McCorvey decision, so far as I - and many others here - are concerned.

Then make Scott fire him and frame it as an alumni pressure decision that we had to do because of recruiting and o-line performance backed up by stats.

MSUDawg99
02-16-2016, 05:10 PM

AGREED

maroonmania
02-16-2016, 05:20 PM
Ok then, here's an idea.

This would be a very good option. Do you have to get some waiver from the NCAA to replace an on field coach with an off field coach for off campus recruiting? I'm OK with Hev's coaching ability but we will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER run with the big boys consistently with the level of OL recruiting we do under him. You just can't coach "up" enough. And when you do, like Day, Beckwith and Clausell, you only get that level of production for ONE year after they've been playing for 3 to 4 years and then they are gone and you are starting over.

mic
02-16-2016, 05:29 PM
That's when your AD needs to take over the situation..
And all you have to do is move him to TE coach... And hire an OL coach..
Shit he doesn't recruit anyway ....

mic
02-16-2016, 05:34 PM
Message boards tend to have a mob mentality. Over the last year this one has gone from "damn right, Hev can coach 'em up" to "Hev is the worst OL coach EVAH".

Last year our OL play definitely sucked. Dan and Hev need to get it fixed this off-season.

Going on what I read, I like the coaching moves so far. Like many here have said, was hoping we would move Wallach to an office and hire a recruiting super star there.

I don't think he is a bad OL coach..
Are there dozens out there rhat are better coaches that we could get ?.... yes
Are the same dozens that are out there better recruiters ? ... Hell yes..

It's about making moves to help the staff and TEAM get better.. So ****ing do it..

Just move his ass to TE , he still makes a shit ton of $$$$ .. Go out and get a guy can coach AND recruit that can help us get better up font..

IMissJack
02-16-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm happy he is trying to improve recruiting. But, if he can't recruit at the highest level in MS now, with the stuff going on in Oxford, there is no hope of it ever happening.

Coach34
02-16-2016, 09:10 PM

Since Ralph left and we have become a more balanced offense:

2012- 10th in rushing
2013- 8th in rushing
2014- 3rd in rushing
2015- 12th in rushing

1 top half finish out of 4

2015- 12th
2014- 7th
2013- 7th
2012- 3rd

progressively worse in sacks allowed the last 4 years

This also coincides with all the Croom recruits filtering out of the program

Barkman Turner Overdrive
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM
WTF? If I went to my boss and said I only want to do a percentage of my job, I would be fired. Especially, if I had a similar year at that percentage I want to do than Hevesey had in 2015 being the "running game coordinator." This guy is a mother F-U-CK-ing liability.

dawgday166
02-16-2016, 10:10 PM
Since Ralph left and we have become a more balanced offense:

2012- 10th in rushing
2013- 8th in rushing
2014- 3rd in rushing
2015- 12th in rushing

1 top half finish out of 4

2015- 12th
2014- 7th
2013- 7th
2012- 3rd