02-16-2016, 02:37 PM
Brad Peterson (MC HC) - Rocky's old job
Rod Gibson (Co-Lin RB coach) - recruiting job
Patrick Austin (Callaway HC) - recruiting job
John Haneline (former GA in 2014) - Def. Quality Control

Mullen is getting serious. Fire=Lit

Homedawg
02-16-2016, 02:48 PM
Rocky is still here. Peterson is just "over" recruiting.

Dawg61
02-16-2016, 02:53 PM
Brad Peterson (MC HC) - Rocky's old job
Rod Gibson (Co-Lin RB coach) - recruiting job
Patrick Austin (Callaway HC) - recruiting job
John Haneline (former GA in 2014) - Def. Quality Control

Mullen is getting serious. Fire=Lit

Eh more like he's playing catch up. Auburn, Bama, USCe all have about 30 off the field coaches with football experience. I'm glad Mullen is finally adding more but we still are way behind everyone else here.

jumbo
02-16-2016, 02:57 PM
About damn time

DawgNamedScuba
02-16-2016, 03:02 PM
I think Mullen is ready to play the game fully now. I feel like before he just didn't want to since maybe he was still looking for an out. His wife probably told him to stop being a bitching and get his shit together.

Jarius
02-16-2016, 03:03 PM
It's more about who he hired than how many he hired that let me know he got the message. Especially about in state recruiting. He is all in on in state recruiting for sure. I hope it works out and at first glance every hire looks to be outstanding from a recruiting standpoint.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2016, 03:07 PM
I think Mullen is ready to play the game fully now. I feel like before he just didn't want to since maybe he was still looking for an out. His wife probably told him to stop being a bitching and get his shit together.

I think he has accepted the fact that the kind of money MSU is paying him no one is going to offer the same amount to leave unless he wins some big games and get MSU to another level and to prove he can recruit.

Leroy Jenkins
02-16-2016, 03:08 PM
I honestly hope the guy is starting to make some improvements, it just frustrates the hell out of me that he had to get his shit pushed in to learn anything. And you can hire every HS coach in MS but its not going to help much if you float your name out there for every vacancy in FBS, Daniel.

mic
02-16-2016, 03:24 PM
We are actually spending money ...
Welcome to SEC football..

Reason2succeed
02-16-2016, 07:28 PM
We are actually spending money ...
Welcome to SEC football..

Can someone get some numbers on how much we are paying for coaches now vs before?

I think Mullen has done a great job under the circumstances. The only reason why anyone is complaining is because we lost to OM for the last two years. But guess what? They were cheating their arses off and are about to get busted. Yes, I'm looking forward to a brighter future at State but it takes/took time. Remember we had to build a football facility and expand a stadium. We were way behind.

Spiderman
02-16-2016, 09:23 PM
Do y'all know Peterson?

If so, what makes you think he will help recruiting?

Or glad handling HS coaches?

Unless he has had a major attitude change in the last year or so, Mr. Hail Fellow Well Met he ain't.

Todd4State
02-16-2016, 09:35 PM
Can someone get some numbers on how much we are paying for coaches now vs before?

I think Mullen has done a great job under the circumstances. The only reason why anyone is complaining is because we lost to OM for the last two years. But guess what? They were cheating their arses off and are about to get busted. Yes, I'm looking forward to a brighter future at State but it takes/took time. Remember we had to build a football facility and expand a stadium. We were way behind.

That's why I was always reluctant to go that route.

bulldogcountry1
02-16-2016, 09:45 PM
Maybe Mullen gave an ultimatum of sorts to Stricklin. I imagine Stricklin questioned Mulllen about his commitment, and Mullen might have answered with something like, "If you want me to fully commitment, you need to get me some help with recruiting.

While there is plenty to blame Mullen for, I don't think the budget for assistants is under his control. This is about Stricklin coughing up more dough.

Homedawg
02-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Maybe Mullen gave an ultimatum of sorts to Stricklin. I imagine Stricklin questioned Mulllen about his commitment, and Mullen might have answered with something like, "If you want me to fully commitment, you need to get me some help with recruiting.

While there is plenty to blame Mullen for, I don't think the budget for assistants is under his control. This is about Stricklin coughing up more dough.
This isn't it. Our asst coaching pool including the new guys isn't as much as it was last year. Nice thoughts. But it didn't require new additional money. Not now anyway.

SheltonChoked
02-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I know him.

I think it's a great hire. He knows people all over the stat. Hell, he either played for, played with, or is kin to half the coaches in Mississippi.

Maybe it's just you....

Spiderman
02-16-2016, 10:07 PM
I know him.

I think it's a great hire. He knows people all over the stat. Hell, he either played for, played with, or is kin to half the coaches in Mississippi.

Maybe it's just you....

No, it's a bunch of HS coaches in this state. I think he would have made more sense as a quality control, GA, or on field coach than in a PR position.

preachermatt83
02-16-2016, 11:23 PM
No, it's a bunch of HS coaches in this state. I think he would have made more sense as a quality control, GA, or on field coach than in a PR position.

He will be on the feild soon enough. The only reason any coach doesn't like him he Bc he can take his team and beat yours and he can take your team and beat his. He was a great hire. I know more coaches that respect him than don't.

rolodawg
02-16-2016, 11:32 PM
He (Peterson)was also President of Mississippi Association of Coaches a few years back.........He was hired to recruit and I feel sure he has a good relationship with the majority of coaches in MS.

JoseBrown
02-17-2016, 03:01 AM
I think he has accepted the fact that the kind of money MSU is paying him no one is going to offer the same amount to leave unless he wins some big games and get MSU to another level and to prove he can recruit.

And that's what he found out after the season ended...has been my thought anyway. And it's fine with me, now that he's doing something about it, that is..

Bama_Dawg
02-17-2016, 03:44 AM
He will be on the feild soon enough. The only reason any coach doesn't like him he Bc he can take his team and beat yours and he can take your team and beat his. He was a great hire. I know more coaches that respect him than don't.

I think Bear Bryant said this too. In any case, I think we are much improved in recruiting now.

Spiderman
02-17-2016, 06:20 AM

Never played against him once, many others haven't either.

bulldawg28
02-17-2016, 07:23 AM
Never played against him once, many others haven't either.

If certain coaches don't like him im sure another representative will deal in depth with those individuals.

SheltonChoked
02-17-2016, 07:45 AM
So who do you pick that everyone loves? And is a good coach/administrator.

ElitedawgRecruiting
02-17-2016, 08:03 AM
Honestly I think the faces of MSU recruiting will be Austin and Gibson. Peterson will be the PR guy until he is ready for a field job and that won't take long. The three hires we made should help instantly based on their knowledge of the state and their passion for Mississippi. A couple of these guys being tight with Demetric can only help as well

NCDawg
02-17-2016, 12:08 PM

And it takes him 9 years to realize that?

PassInterference
02-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Y'all should check out Ole Miss's coaching roster. They have several recruiting coordinators. RCs for offence. RCs for defense. RCs for this, that, the other... I didn't count. They have a bunch. #TheNetwork

Really Clark?
02-17-2016, 12:34 PM
And it takes him 9 years to realize that?

He's been here 9 years? Time flies when you are having fun. Lol***

Sacrifice
02-17-2016, 12:42 PM
I love the fact that we're setting up a recruiting apparatus that won't leave every year. This might bring some stability to our recruiting.

Bullmutt
02-17-2016, 03:36 PM
I think Bear Bryant said this too. In any case, I think we are much improved in recruiting now.

Actually, this was said by Bum Phillips about Bear Bryant: "He can take hissin' and beat yer'n and then tale yer'n and beat hissen".