PDA

View Full Version : See- this is the Ole Miss mentality

Coach34
08-12-2013, 11:12 AM
stolen from SPS:

"Let me remind you pups of something.

Oregon and your beloved Shtate have both been caught red handed and found guilty of paying recruits in the past year. What did the NCAA do? Not a 17ing thing. Everyone knows the NCAA can't impose or enforce a damn thing.

Go talk to Nevin Shapiro and Miami about allegations. Like Miami, we are lawyered up. Only pu$$ies listen to the NCAA."

When your this brazen about something- and they have been since Freezus started all this recruiting mess- people are going to stick it to you at some point. You can count on it.

But it also shows the difference in them and us- our fanbase would be (and was) the total 180- "the sky is falling", etc

Irondawg
08-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I'm still shocked that Miami wasn't made an example out of since they are basically irrelevant now. No idea how they pulled off what they did.

But there are so many times the NCAA is going to want to be made a fool of by the national media before somebody becomes the whipping boy. Maybe it's OM, maybe it's not. But sooner than later a lower name school is going to be ripped a new one by the NCAA in an effort to show they still maintain some sort of power.

MarketingBully01
08-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Yep, our fanbase is the most sky is falling crew I have ever seen. We are our own worst enemy most of the time.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Guys, the only difference between our fan base and OM's is that we have been caught and punished and they haven't. I agree that we have some compliance problems, but our fan base's outlook on investigations is what it is because we continue to get caught and punished.

OM's hasn't been caught and thus their fan base feels like Teflon, its human nature. If OM is ever caught and punished, like hopefully they are this time, their fan base will start acting like ours.

ghostofjackie
08-12-2013, 11:32 AM
stolen from SPS:

"Let me remind you pups of something.

Oregon and your beloved Shtate have both been caught red handed and found guilty of paying recruits in the past year. What did the NCAA do? Not a 17ing thing. Everyone knows the NCAA can't impose or enforce a damn thing.

Go talk to Nevin Shapiro and Miami about allegations. Like Miami, we are lawyered up. Only pu$$ies listen to the NCAA."

When your this brazen about something- and they have been since Freezus started all this recruiting mess- people are going to stick it to you at some point. You can count on it.

But it also shows the difference in them and us- our fanbase would be (and was) the total 180- "the sky is falling", etc

But is he not 100% correct?

engie
08-12-2013, 11:43 AM
When did Miami actually get off?

Now, they've got the NCAA tied up in all kinds of litigation about how they obtained evidence -- but that doesn't change the fact that the NCAA still has them dead-to-rights on wrongdoing.

And the Oregon situation is different because it was VERY grey area(paying a scouting service to push a guy to Oregon -- a guy that LSU also paid btw)...

NEITHER of these are in any way related to OM's conduct this past recruiting season...

Coach34
08-12-2013, 11:49 AM
Guys, the only difference between our fan base and OM's is that we have been caught and punished and they haven't.

You serious Clark?

They received worse sanctions than we did under Jackie back in the mid-90's. The difference? They hired an up-and-comer in Tommy Tubberville, we hired Sylvester Crooms (when we could have had Jimbo Fisher)

When was the last time the NCAA investigated them and they got off scott-free? I dont remember them being investigated since the mid-90's by the NCAA

engie
08-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Everytime the NCAA has looked at them, they have fried...

That said, it's been a very long time since the NCAA looked at them...

AlSwearengen
08-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Guys, the only difference between our fan base and OM's is that we have been caught and punished and they haven't. I agree that we have some compliance problems, but our fan base's outlook on investigations is what it is because we continue to get caught and punished.

OM's hasn't been caught and thus their fan base feels like Teflon, its human nature. If OM is ever caught and punished, like hopefully they are this time, their fan base will start acting like ours.

Do what? Olemiss got their asses handed to them at the end of brewer's reign. Yeah, that has been quite awhile but it happened. And I'll bet they have lost a couple of schollies during the goldie days, they just kept it under wraps with their "new fangled" way of dealing with the ncaa.

Olemiss' fan base is entitled rich kids that think they are better than everyone else. That is what has led them to do what they have done and do it with their middle finger in the air telling everyone else we can go 17 ourselves if we don't like it.

Ronny
08-12-2013, 12:02 PM
...where he compares the University of Mississippi to Miami. How appropriate.

During the Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson eras of Miami football, the team was known for guns, drugs, and other violations. The players were criminals off the field. Athletic Director Paul Dee, who heads the NCAA infractions committee, allegedly hid drug testing results from Erickson so players could avoid suspension. Furthermore, the Canes were convicted of Pell Grant fraud which provided money to players and their families. This landed Miami on probation for its actions in the 1980's.

Sounds eerily similar to the Hugh Freeze era at the University of Mississippi.

I have to hand it to the rebel...he knows a kindred spirit when he sees one.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/824471-miami-hurricanes-football-scandal-ncaas-top-5-infamous-programs

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Sorry guys, I was hardly alive at that point. My perception of them is that there is always a ton of smoke and nothing is ever found. Didn't realize they had such a probation history when I was in elementary school

BeastMan
08-12-2013, 12:17 PM
Oregon's situation also didn't include any current players on the roster. That was the single handed biggest deal with Redmond. He's on our roster. He could have done a Javon Robinson and went elsewhere and skirted suspension. That damn kid is true maroon. His situation is comparable to the WR at OSU a few years ago as far as deemed monetary benefit. The difference is that the WR at OSU was a SR and never suited up for the cowboys again, although he was a 1rst rd draft pick

engie
08-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Oregon's situation also didn't include any current players on the roster. That was the single handed biggest deal with Redmond. He's on our roster. He could have done a Javon Robinson and went elsewhere and skirted suspension. That damn kid is true maroon. His situation is comparable to the WR at OSU a few years ago as far as deemed monetary benefit. The difference is that the WR at OSU was a SR and never suited up for the cowboys again, although he was a 1rst rd draft pick

Dez Bryant

Oxfordawg
08-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Last time I remember OM being looked at it resulted in a 2 year bowl ban, 2 year no tv, and 12 schollies for 4 years. I don't call that untouchable

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Sorry guys, I was hardly alive at that point. My perception of them is that there is always a ton of smoke and nothing is ever found. Didn't realize they had such a probation history when I was in elementary school

It's called history. Might want to check it out before you continue to make yourself look dumb. Hell, I'm probably about the same age as you and know all about the Dog Brewer days.

Coach34
08-12-2013, 12:41 PM

The point is that they havent been investigated since- so this bullshit that NCAA doesnt ever find anything on them is just that- bullshit.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
It's called history. Might want to check it out before you continue to make yourself look dumb. Hell, I'm probably about the same age as you and know all about the Dog Brewer days.

Haha, gotcha

Jack Lambert
08-12-2013, 02:44 PM
When did Miami actually get off?

Now, they've got the NCAA tied up in all kinds of litigation about how they obtained evidence -- but that doesn't change the fact that the NCAA still has them dead-to-rights on wrongdoing.

And the Oregon situation is different because it was VERY grey area(paying a scouting service to push a guy to Oregon -- a guy that LSU also paid btw)...

NEITHER of these are in any way related to OM's conduct this past recruiting season...

Miami has not been to a bowl game in two years and they have been invited. In 2011 they were 6 and 6 and in 2012 they were 7 and 5. They know what is coming and they are taken some of the punishment now. They are not getting off. I think what is taking so long is the fact the NCAA made some mistakes and they are dotting their? s I's and crossing the T's on this one.

Just to add something else if Ohio State would have taken their bowl band in 2011 when they were 6 and 6, they and not Alabama would have played for the National Championship last year. Talk about poor decision making.

maroonmania
08-12-2013, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=engie;36405]Everytime the NCAA has looked at them, they have fried...

[QUOTE]

Probably true but we have been investigated and put on probation 3 TIMES since the Brewer sanctions for them. THAT is why the MSU fanbase resorts to the sky is falling mentality when its reported that the NCAA is looking into an "issue" with MSU recruiting. And besides the fact that they are better at cheating and covering their tracks than we are as a whole, another reason they have been teflon since that time was Robert Khayat. He was VERY interconnected with the NCAA and while he was the Chancellor at OM it seemed the NCAA had no interest in looking into OM matters no matter how much smoke there was. Khayat is no longer at OM though and so they have now lost that layer of protection.

War Machine Dawg
08-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Don't kid yourself, MM. The current Rebear Chancellor was Khayat's hand-picked successor. Why do you think it's taken as long as it has for their recruiting mess to produce any level of smoke?