PDA

View Full Version : WR Gehrig Dieter (BGU) to Bama...

maroonmania
02-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Bama picked this guy up as a graduate transfer WR. He is a really, really good one. Watched him play a good bit as I had him on my college fantasy team toward the end of the season last year. Wish we would be more proactive on guys like this especially given we seem to have unused schollys laying around at the moment.

TUSK
02-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Bama picked this guy up as a graduate transfer WR. He is a really, really good one. Watched him play a good bit as I had him on my college fantasy team toward the end of the season last year. Wish we would be more proactive on guys like this especially given we seem to have unused schollys laying around at the moment.

yep, MM... I'm really happy about this, especially after how well Org. St. Grad-Xfer Mullaney played last year....

Our WR Corps is gonna be really, really good...

Covercorner2
02-16-2016, 11:40 AM
yep, MM... I'm really happy about this, especially after how well Org. St. Grad-Xfer Mullaney played last year....

Our WR Corps is gonna be really, really good...

I see this as AJ and Gavin's backup plan and a damn good one. The rich get richer.

ShotgunDawg
02-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Auburn also picked up an Illinois LB transfer today that has over 100 tackles last season. Ridiculous

thf24
02-16-2016, 12:07 PM
Auburn also picked up an Illinois LB transfer today that has over 100 tackles last season. Ridiculous

Brandon Maye had some pretty ridiculous numbers coming in if I remember correctly. You would think Mullen should be trying to use the open spots right now especially when they'd only be tied up for a year, but it doesn't bother me a whole lot since these graduate transfers don't seem to make much of an impact in most cases.

Dawgtini
02-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Paul said on 247 right after signing day that Mullen and staff were looking at guys who didn't sign and possible graduate transfers. I think we do this more than you think, but we are also competing with everyone else for these few guys as well. So, finding a good fit at a position of need is a needle in a haystack kind of proposition.

Dawg61
02-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Paul said on 247 right after signing day that Mullen and staff were looking at guys who didn't sign and possible graduate transfers. I think we do this more than you think, but we are also competing with everyone else for these few guys as well. So, finding a good fit at a position of need is a needle in a haystack kind of proposition.

No reason Mullen can't sign OL transfers with good experience though. He should be adding 2-3 transfers every year. He adds zero every year.

maroonmania
02-16-2016, 02:36 PM
No reason Mullen can't sign OL transfers with good experience though. He should be adding 2-3 transfers every year. He adds zero every year.

Most years I don't care that much because we are tight on schollies anyway. However, this year we appear to have some just laying on the table. If you bring a guy in for one year an you miss what have you lost when the scholarship wasn't going to be fully used anyway (i.e. you are likely just going to give it to a walkon)?

RougeDawg
02-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Most years I don't care that much because we are tight on schollies anyway. However, this year we appear to have some just laying on the table. If you bring a guy in for one year an you miss what have you lost when the scholarship wasn't going to be fully used anyway (i.e. you are likely just going to give it to a walkon)?

Self imposing backup plan.**