PDA

View Full Version : Give us your top 3 off-the-wall baseball predictions.......

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 10:34 AM
We all know we have some things happen every year that no one saw coming. Cohen gonna Coinz. Remember though, Butch is gone, so the wackiness may not happen to the same extent with the pitching staff. Forget logic here, it's all intuition. Here are mine:

1) SEC weekend rotation ends up being Sexton, D. Brown and Houston (not decided whether Sexton or Houston will be the Friday night guy)
2) Hudson will be the closer
3) Lowe starts white hot and drops multiple bombs in pre-SEC play

Ralph
02-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Bold predictions

1. Collins struggles at the plate until mid SEC season (hope wrong)
2. Sexton is Friday night starter by sec play
3. Luke Alexander starting INF/SS by mid season

stalkingpoon
02-16-2016, 10:59 AM
1. We host a regional.
2. Rigby becomes our next Girodo.
3. We triple our HR total.

bulldogcountry1
02-16-2016, 11:09 AM
1. Hudson will have an okay year but not a great year.
2. Rooker and Lowe combine for 20 Hrs.
3. We will have 5 freshman All-SEC.

shoeless joe
02-16-2016, 11:26 AM
17 SEC wins
We make Omaha
Folks want Cohen fired

RTO Dawg
02-16-2016, 11:39 AM
17 SEC wins
We make Omaha
Folks want Cohen fired

Yelp bout right..

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 11:44 AM
1. We host a regional.
I think we host too. It really feels like a 'host a regional but get beat in it' type of year to me. Then next year we'll start slow, but get hot and end up in a Super or Omaha, then in 2018 we win it when the 2015 class are juniors. Book it.

Coach34
02-16-2016, 11:59 AM
1. Cohen settles on a line-up by the 10th game
2. Cohen leaves the pitching coach alone
3. I Seen It Dawg posts about what a great job Cohen is doing this season.

MSUDawg99
02-16-2016, 12:00 PM
1. Cohen settles on a line-up by the 10th game
3. I Seen It Dawg posts about what a great job Cohen is doing this season.

BOLDEST. OF. THE. BOLD. YOU HEARD IT HEAR FIRST, FOLKS.

smootness
02-16-2016, 12:06 PM
To be as good as we can be, we need Hudson to be in the rotation and pitching very, very well.

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Cohen was never a pitching meddler. He deferred that completely to Butch.

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 12:12 PM
To be as good as we can be, we need Hudson to be in the rotation and pitching very, very well.
I see a lot of people say this, so you are definitely not alone. But to me, if the other 3 are pitching well, I don't see what's to miss. I think the freshmen will handle midweek. Plus, we need a closer badly. Houston's arm doesn't come back well, Humphreys didn't get an out the other day, Young is inconsistent. It's a big hole right now.

Jack Lambert
02-16-2016, 12:12 PM
1. We play at lest four games with out bunting.
2. We have one pitcher pitch a no hitter.
3. Four different guys will hit the cycle this season.

smootness
02-16-2016, 12:22 PM
I see a lot of people say this, so you are definitely not alone. But to me, if the other 3 are pitching well, I don't see what's to miss. I think the freshmen will handle midweek. Plus, we need a closer badly. Houston's arm doesn't come back well, Humphreys didn't get an out the other day, Young is inconsistent. It's a big hole right now.

Because Hudson has the most potential of any pitcher on our roster. So in order to truly hit our ceiling, we need him to realize that potential. And if he does, he has to be the Friday night guy.

Bully13
02-16-2016, 12:23 PM
Was reading over at the pack and word is the players are happy about not having to use the Adidas bats. Said they were "dead metal ". They prolly are good for bunting I would guess though. My gut says we are going to surprise some people with more runs than expected this year.

HancockCountyDog
02-16-2016, 12:29 PM
1) Dakota Hudson has a monster season and is drafted in first 50 picks
2) We host a regional, and end up hosting a super because national seed paired up with us loses
3) Our offense is actually aggressive on the base paths

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 12:33 PM
Because Hudson has the most potential of any pitcher on our roster. So in order to truly hit our ceiling, we need him to realize that potential. And if he does, he has to be the Friday night guy.
A guy that can come in and shut people down in the 7th-9th inning, 2 or 3 times per week, has as much value to me as a starting pitcher. Especially when we have other capable arms. But hey if the guy is a shut-down Friday night guy, that's great.

MSUDawg99
02-16-2016, 12:41 PM

Well he's our starter this Fri. night....

Coach34
02-16-2016, 12:45 PM

Thats not true at all

smootness
02-16-2016, 12:48 PM
A guy that can come in and shut people down in the 7th-9th inning, 2 or 3 times per week, has as much value to me as a starting pitcher. Especially when we have other capable arms. But hey if the guy is a shut-down Friday night guy, that's great.

If you win most of your Friday games in the SEC, you're going to have a phenomenal season. Having your best pitcher sit until the late innings is a risk because it only becomes helpful in close games. If you're winning easily or losing big, it doesn't help at all. I'd rather have him run out there every Friday and shut the other team down.

Taog Redloh
02-16-2016, 12:57 PM
If you win most of your Friday games in the SEC, you're going to have a phenomenal season. Having your best pitcher sit until the late innings is a risk because it only becomes helpful in close games. If you're winning easily or losing big, it doesn't help at all. I'd rather have him run out there every Friday and shut the other team down.
Well you start hitting on one of the oldest debates in baseball. Take us for example. With a capable closer, we win 10 more games last year, and that's no exaggeration, I can go back and look at the schedule and name most of them. Your logic is very sound, I'm not disagreeing with you that having a Friday night ace is invaluable. I've noticed that most teams that win national championships have 2 dependable starting pitchers and a closer at minimum. I look at it like, what do we have to do to fit that mold come tournament time? There is simply nothing more frustrating than having your starting guys go deep into the game only to have a reliever blow it.

I personally think Hudson would be the best closer out of the top 4 guys. And since we have to have one, why not him, I say. But again, it's an off-the-wall prediction for a reason.

preachermatt83
02-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Hudson will be our ace and end up an all american
Hump will do a great job as the closer
Houston will be all SEC.

HancockCountyDog
02-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Houston will be all SEC.

Not baseball too. Please don't do this to these kids, they did nothing to you. They don't deserve this.

Homedawg
02-16-2016, 01:11 PM
Houston going to have to get out of the doghouse first......

Coach34
02-16-2016, 01:11 PM
I hope Hudson has a great year. Its always great to see guys put it together and live up to their actual talent

somebodyshotmypaw
02-16-2016, 01:16 PM
1. A poster formerly known as Will James will spout a statistic.
2. Said poster will have no clue how to use, analyze, or interpret said statistic.
3. Said poster will argue with other posters who know far more baseball than he does.

Oops. Sorry. I just realized it said "off-the-wall" predictions. Not "obvious" predictions. My bad.

CadaverDawg
02-16-2016, 01:29 PM
1) We bunt a LOT because our pitching staff will be very good and Cohen will try to put pressure on opponents by getting early runs. (We will all bitch, but it will be while we're winning.)

2) Daniel Brown will do a 180 and become a legit SEC shutdown pitcher.

3) Reid Humphreys will explode as a hitter because he will have better protection around him, leading to him seeing better pitches to hit.

DawgFromOxford
02-16-2016, 02:09 PM
1. The grass in front of home plate will stay green all season.
2. We get rid of the fake turf down the base lines.
3. We hit more home runs so Cohen says we need a bigger park, and we go back to bunting.

preachermatt83
02-16-2016, 02:09 PM
Not baseball too. Please don't do this to these kids, they did nothing to you. They don't deserve this.

Hahaha!

maroonmania
02-16-2016, 02:39 PM
1. We host a regional.

Is that you MStateBaseball?

War Machine Dawg
02-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Houston will be all SEC.

http://i.imgur.com/33X8UsB.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8Mi7fF1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/sOM2E7e.jpg

sleepy dawg
02-16-2016, 04:07 PM
We win the SEC and make the College World Series.
We finish last in the SEC.
Somewhere in the middle.

Ridiculous? Yes. But that's about as accurate as I can be.

Drugs Delaney
02-16-2016, 04:14 PM
1. Jim will tell us about a "6 tall, righty senior out of wherever"
2. He will tell us "you gotta love the way Joe Mc****stick is pitching" when he is striking out our side
3. You will hear a least twice a game " If it's fair it's trouble!"

I love the guy. Had just as soon listen to him as be there. We have been blessed with the two best baseball and football announcers ever.

preachermatt83
02-16-2016, 06:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/33X8UsB.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8Mi7fF1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/sOM2E7e.jpg

Funny

RougeDawg
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Was reading over at the pack and word is the players are happy about not having to use the Adidas bats. Said they were "dead metal ". They prolly are good for bunting I would guess though. My gut says we are going to surprise some people with more runs than expected this year.

For Lil Johnnie's sake we better. This is our last excuse for his inability to "coach" a productive offense. Prior to the ball change everyone was using the excuse that the ball and bat combo was the reason for lack of offense. 2015 ball change and just about every other team in SEC and P5 sees noticeable shift in power stats (HR and Slugging %). Then our apologists use the "Adidas bats" as the excuse, even though it didn't have the same noticeable negative impact on others using adidas. For the sake of every "Johnny is an offensive guru" on here, you better hope it was damned bats because your bag of apologistic excuses is now empty. This season is either put up or shut up. You also better hope he doesn't tweak an of the new swings from power to his "spray"'style swing.

Bold Predictions
1. We have a majority of our hitters with max power stances/swings/approaches
2. We actually have similar power stats as other teams in our league
3. We use the bunt properly and not like a 1900's dead ball era team

Not holding my breath on any of these

Schultzy
02-17-2016, 10:01 AM
12 dingers for Rooker
12 homers from the 1st base position
They are getting yelled at by the hitting coach throughout each AB

Coursesuper
02-17-2016, 10:17 AM

This couldn't be more wrong.

stalkingpoon
02-17-2016, 09:57 PM
Is that you MStateBaseball?

Haha I don't think so?

rolodawg
02-17-2016, 10:36 PM
We lead SEC in HRs

We have Friday and Saturday night starting pitchers average 6+ innings each

Polk comes back to be the coach vs USM in Jackson