PDA

View Full Version : Tunsil's allegations

Belegal
02-15-2016, 06:03 PM
I know tsun says there are 5 involving Tunsil if you believe them. Could one of the 5 deal with what his dad told the NCAA as to how & who paid for their home in Oxford. That may be why they don't release the NOA. I feel one, at least, deals with the sports agent & one the loaner car(s). I haven't heard anything on this & thought maybe I missed it?

Bully13
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
Just to piggy back off that slightly, has anybody thought maybe the law firm is haggling with the NCAA to get them to amend the LOI so it doesn't look quite as bad thus the reason for not releasing at this time? The confeds wanting the publics first look to be better than what they are currently holding? Or is just that the longer the stall, the less the media frenzy will be due to time killing the overall interest?

mparkerfd20
02-15-2016, 07:09 PM
Just to piggy back off that slightly, has anybody thought maybe the law firm is haggling with the NCAA to get them to amend the LOI so it doesn't look quite as bad thus the reason for not releasing at this time? The confeds wanting the publics first look to be better than what they are currently holding? Or is just that the longer the stall, the less the media frenzy will be due to time killing the overall interest?

Both... It's bad. Really bad... And they want to prolong the inevitable as long as possible with hopes they can fight some of it and keep it out of the public eye.

Commercecomet24
02-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Both... It's bad. Really bad... And they want to prolong the inevitable as long as possible with hopes they can fight some of it and keep it out of the public eye.

You got it. They're stalling trying to buy time.

Coach34
02-15-2016, 07:24 PM
1. There is no LOI- OM waived their right to be notified of it in written form- they were informed verbally.

2. The NOA has the allegation listed and the evidence of each allegation listed with it now- they are keeping that covered up because they can negotiate with the Infractions Committee and possibly get some removed or lessened. Possibly being the keyword. So they arent releasing that mf'er until they absolutely have to.

gravedigger
02-15-2016, 07:34 PM
1. There is no LOI- OM waived their right to be notified of it in written form- they were informed verbally.

2. The NOA has the allegation listed and the evidence of each allegation listed with it now- they are keeping that covered up because they can negotiate with the Infractions Committee and possibly get some removed or lessened. Possibly being the keyword. So they arent releasing that mf'er until they absolutely have to.

Which may be smart in one respect. But ultimately they will have to answer as to why their statements didn't matcxch what came out. If om
wins the day on every point, the won't have to do that. But that just isn't likely.

Msu's job? Get a credentialed reporter on our payroll and have them ask the questions and write the expose. I realize that's just as contrived as their continual lies to cover up, but its the way the media game is played now.

Forget paying for players. Pay to make sure the OTHER side f the story is told.

starkvegasdawg
02-15-2016, 07:35 PM

I get them trying but what possible motivation would the committee have in plea bargaining down or removing charges? I can't see where it'd benefit them at all which is why a plea bargain usually happens?

gravedigger
02-15-2016, 07:49 PM
I get them trying but what possible motivation would the committee have in plea bargaining down or removing charges? I can't see where it'd benefit them at all which is why a plea bargain usually happens?

A civil suit based on loss of income. If they "convict" on grounds that can't be defended in court, they stand the chance of a public flogging no matter how guilty the accused is.

Think of the cops in the oj trial and remember, they framed a guilty man. The LAPD will never get over the beating they took for providing the loopholes o.j. crawled through.

Yea that was a court of law and this is an investigation outside that, but we are talking about one coach making 4 mil a year. They can't get around their decision affecting that nor can they circumvent someone's rights to earn it unless those reasons are directly related to the earner.

I get it, it never mattered before when we got thrashed. But this is a different day.

My guess is that the NCAA would thrash them, but it will be negotiated down and not include Freeze

chef dixon
02-15-2016, 08:06 PM

Yea. I think this much is clear to anyone with a brain that has followed along: What is in that letter currently is both significantly embarrassing and damaging to Ole Miss or else they would have nipped this in the bud already. How much embarrassment and damage will the public see? I'm not sure, but I hope to hell OM can't work their magic in the meantime.

MedDawg
02-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Mjoelner34
02-15-2016, 09:15 PM
In our 2004 probation we were able to refute a bunch of Johanningmeier's made up accusations, like the uncle of a recruit (who signed with USM) saying we offered to buy them (or just the uncle) a house. As we all know, the final list of MSU infractions turned out to be very minor.

Can you imagine the difference between our infraction of a coach telling a recruit "good game" as he walked past vs what OM has done? The absolute worst thing we were found guilty of was the two recruits not having receipts for 2 weeks out of a 2 month (?) Starkville hotel stay. Tunsil has already been found guilty for more than that.

Sometime last month while searching the interwebs for information I stumbled across the CL article about our response to the NCAA. It seems we pretty much refuted everything. The most interesting one was where the NCAA said we gave a recruit so much money per week through the manager of Sears in Hattiesburg who was identified as a white male with dark hair in his 30's. We totally denied it and informed the NCAA that while the manager of Sears was indeed a white male, he was in his 60's and had white hair. LOL

You do have to watch your ass with them. Todd McNair sued them over the USC stuff and just won. It may not quite be over yet but he has all but won for sure. During the process he sued for their records and email correspondence. Emails between the investigators came out of them colluding to screw him. Emails went as far as to state they "knew" he was dirty but couldn't prove it but they were going to "get" him anyway. Our buddy Johanningmeier was involved in that one too. I wonder how many motel rooms he was spotted leaving with a woman he never met, out there?

somebodyshotmypaw
02-15-2016, 09:24 PM
There are no issues with Tunsil. He is a great kid with a great heart and an outstanding work ethic. He's done a great job at Ole Miss and I'm really excited about the man he has become. He loves the Lord and did nothing except defend his mother. I'm really proud of him.

See how stupid the above paragraph sounds.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2016, 09:45 PM
There are no issues with Tunsil. He is a great kid with a great heart and an outstanding work ethic. He's done a great job at Ole Miss and I'm really excited about the man he has become. He loves the Lord and did nothing except defend his mother. I'm really proud of him.

See how stupid the above paragraph sounds.

Is that a direct quote? Please tell me it's not, lol...

Political Hack
02-15-2016, 09:49 PM
I don't understand why ole miss gets to say "nah, 17 you" to FOIA, TWICE, and no one gives a damn. There's not a politician in the state of Mississippi with enough sack to go get it? That's a damn sad testament to State's level of influence in the political landscape in the state.

Bully13
02-15-2016, 10:06 PM

So you are saying maybe one of my assumptions may have teeth?

Belegal
02-15-2016, 11:03 PM
Back to my original question- any one have a source on the Tunsil allegations - specifically ownership /payment of the Home- what about the home T posted? He still have it?? We need a msu fan in Oxford to check these out -wouldn't be to hard!