PDA

View Full Version : Caught a bit of Peter Sirmon on Bo Bounds today

Statefan
02-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Mentioned that we would see multiple fronts from the front 7, some 3 down and 4 down lineman

Also said we were going to be aggressive, that we would not see any passive defense out there

Also said that he had watched film of all the returning players, every snap of last year, and was installing game plan with the staff this week

That's all I caught, maybe someone else could fill in the rest of the interview

GreenheadDawg
02-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I think Manny said the same thing. As long as Mullen is HC I expect to see some bend then break

msstate7
02-15-2016, 12:55 PM
I think Manny said the same thing. As long as Mullen is HC I expect to see some bend then break

We blitzed a lot under manny. I just hated the CB blitzes and trying to hide lb blitzes pre snap which made then a second late getting to qb like every time

mparkerfd20
02-15-2016, 01:02 PM
He also said expect to see some people playing multiple positions and having a 'role' moreso than a set position in some cases.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-15-2016, 01:34 PM

Didn't we just break the school record for tackles for losses? That shows an aggressive defense we just didn't force the # of turnovers we were expecting.

Bully13
02-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Are we going to keep on using that weak assed tackling method that doesn't produce turnovers?

MSUDawg99
02-15-2016, 01:42 PM
Are we going to keep on using that weak assed tackling method that doesn't produce turnovers?

I think you mean the Seahawks tackling that's supposed to help prevent concussions...but yeah I agree it was weak & in beginning of season I especially noticed it didn't work. Guys were trying to get used to it I guess? I just remember the AUB game sticking out to me, especially since I was there & remember thinking this ish don't work.

GreenheadDawg
02-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Didn't we just break the school record for tackles for losses? That shows an aggressive defense we just didn't force the # of turnovers we were expecting.

I guess I'm speaking more to the stupid CB blitzes and playing 35 yards off the receiver and letting people just complete passes at will

PassInterference
02-15-2016, 02:28 PM
We tackled well the last half of the season. Our think secondary was also decimated with injuries.

I don't know what games you guys were watching, by Manny's defense was pretty damn good given the depleted roster we had to fill out the secondary. I know they got burned. We had guys starting that should have been 2nd or 3rd team guys. Played most of the season without our best talent.

Jack Lambert
02-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Our Defensive Back play is going to greatly improved especially the Safeties.

bulldawg28
02-15-2016, 06:30 PM
His language was totally different from the last coordinators. He spoke of building the defense to its strength and opponents versus a one size fits all. I loved what he was saying.

Out of Bounds
02-15-2016, 06:44 PM
Podcast of Coach Sirmon is on the Out of Boundd radio app: http://*******/1l69XZN

Thanks,
Bo

somebodyshotmypaw
02-15-2016, 09:28 PM
Our Defensive Back play is going to greatly improved especially the Safeties.

I expect safety play to be much improved. McLaurin, Peters, and Bryant were all in their first year seeing the field. Corner is going to be the question. I'm hoping Smitherman and Durr can really help. I think Cleveland has hit a ceiling. I like Jiles and Graham, but I'm just not sure they are quite on the level we need.

PassInterference
02-15-2016, 10:22 PM
I expect safety play to be much improved. McLaurin, Peters, and Bryant were all in their first year seeing the field. Corner is going to be the question. I'm hoping Smitherman and Durr can really help. I think Cleveland has hit a ceiling. I like Jiles and Graham, but I'm just not sure they are quite on the level we need.

Agree, and damn that's depressing. CB looks thin at best.

Bothrops
02-16-2016, 12:15 AM
I'd move Graham back to receiver, but that's just me.

Johnson85
02-16-2016, 09:05 AM
If we're going to keep Dear at slot, which we are by all accounts, what does Graham offer us at WR? We already have Myles, Ross, and Dear at the slot. Plus I'm assuming some younger guys. Mixon?

I'm really hoping Graham is ready to play after having a full year at CB. It would be a shame for us to not get anything more out of him than some back up CB and duty in the nickel. He looked like he was going to be a player his true freshman year.

HancockCountyDog
02-16-2016, 09:17 AM

He wont break into the rotation at WR. He may get passed on the depth chart at DB this offseason.

Thick
02-16-2016, 09:22 AM
Graham won't be much of a contributor until he gets his priorities straight.....better attitude, better work ethic, and committed to being an SEC football player.

Bothrops
02-16-2016, 09:50 AM
If we're going to keep Dear at slot, which we are by all accounts, what does Graham offer us at WR? We already have Myles, Ross, and Dear at the slot. Plus I'm assuming some younger guys. Mixon?

I'm really hoping Graham is ready to play after having a full year at CB. It would be a shame for us to not get anything more out of him than some back up CB and duty in the nickel. He looked like he was going to be a player his true freshman year.

Who said he has to line up at slot? He's explosive with the ball.

Political Hack
02-16-2016, 10:03 AM
He wont break into the rotation at WR. He may get passed on the depth chart at DB this offseason.

I agree he's got to go to work, but it would be nice if he'd bust ass and get into that 4 man rotation. I think he could be a heck of a ball player with his skills.