PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone understand that the NCAA is just the face of all the programs?

Tbonewannabe
02-15-2016, 12:18 PM
When people are saying UM will just say screw you NCAA, they are essentially saying FU to Bama, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and etc? The NCAA is just the police making sure everyone is playing by the same rules. If the league you are playing in doesn't like the fact that you are cheating then the league members can do something about it if the NCAA doesn't. Now whether all the league members are fed up enough with a rogue school, who knows. The collective NCAA has a lot more power than 1 school threatening to sue.

Reason2succeed
02-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Exactly. OM has nerve. Cheat and then sue when you are caught cheating?!? If OM sues the rest of the schools can probably just vote to throw them out. Let's see how OM does when they are kicked out of the SEC and are blackballed from all NCAA play. Even OM ain't that crazy.

BulldogBear
02-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Wait, Ole Miss is threatening to sue???? Hilarious. Sue whom?

Dawgowar
02-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Wait, Ole Miss is threatening to sue???? Hilarious. Sue whom?

Their internet warriors are insinuating it somewhere parts unknown on these here inter webs. Think of it as one more stage of grief - anger and threats of bringing their accusers too their knees. They'll threaten you with the 'Mississippi Syndicate' sooner or later.

EdDawg
02-15-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't know if that's too good of an idea. Succession didn't work too well the first time.

GreenheadDawg
02-15-2016, 03:48 PM
I posted in another thread that I asked my buddy that's an attorney in Atlanta about them suing and he said it would end badly for them if they did. It would make things a lot worse. But they are stupid enough to do it

msstatelp1
02-15-2016, 04:58 PM
I posted in another thread that I asked my buddy that's an attorney in Atlanta about them suing and he said it would end badly for them if they did. It would make things a lot worse. But they are stupid enough to do it
I really hope they are stupid enough to do it. Once it goes to court, the NCAA lawyers could subpoena witnesses who would face perjury charges if they lied.

SheltonChoked
02-15-2016, 06:49 PM
I hope they sue.

I hope they are that stupid. It doesn't matter if they even get to court. The NCAA still has to certify all athletes eligibility before they can compete. All of them. Or you lose the games due to ineligible players. All the NCAA would have to do is drag their feet a little. Investigate a little more. And keep all incoming players in all sports from being eligible see how long Bjork likes it when he has no incoming freshmen. In any sport. I was on a project that was delayed like that. Had to get board approval to begin in another country. They didn't like one of our subs, but had to put us on the agenda. We were there, for six months, just after the agenda item adjourn.

Reason2succeed
02-15-2016, 09:09 PM
It's funny how important and powerful OM thinks they are. Even the fact that this investigation isn't getting a bunch of pub is partly due to no one giving a crap about them. Of course the part is that their cronies have played it down. I can't wait for the NOA to become public and the hammer begin to really fall. It's going to be epic. It's coming!