PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Moves

mic
02-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Once again Bama is on the offensive and always trying to get better..
Over the weekend hired UCF OC coach -Brent Key to coach the OL
Moved Mario Cristibol to TE and T coach

I think Sabans quote was, we have to continue to get better up front..

There is zero reason we shouldn't have made or make a move like this.. Bring in a better coach, move Hev to TE where he has coached before..
It's a no risk move.. If he left after one year we could always slide Hev back to OL...

msstate7
02-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Lashley's coach now coaching te's

Tbonewannabe
02-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Why would we continue to get better? We put up a ton of points and broke Offensive school records. ******************************

HoopsCoach21
02-15-2016, 12:31 PM
There are rumors out there that there are more moves on our staff still coming so here's hoping they're true and we can address that issue.

maroonmania
02-15-2016, 12:34 PM
Why would we continue to get better? We put up a ton of points and broke Offensive school records. ******************************

Exactly, Hevesy and Sallach improving as coaches and recruiters every year.***

msstate7
02-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Exactly, Hevesy and Sallach improving as coaches and recruiters every year.***

I think sallach has done a pretty good job coaching our te's.

Jack Lambert
02-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Ya'll worry too much about what others are doing. As far as we know the guy might have ****ed Saban's wife or something.

NCDawg
02-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Once again Bama is on the offensive and always trying to get better..
Over the weekend hired UCF OC coach -Brent Key to coach the OL
Moved Mario Cristibol to TE and T coach

I think Sabans quote was, we have to continue to get better up front..

There is zero reason we shouldn't have made or make a move like this.. Bring in a better coach, move Hev to TE where he has coached before..
It's a no risk move.. If he left after one year we could always slide Hev back to OL...

Makes a lot of sense to me, but apparently not to Mullen. He seems to be satisfied with the play of our offensive line.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Lashley's coach now coaching te's

Cristobal being reported to coach tight ends and tackles. Lashley expected to play tackle.

msstate7
02-15-2016, 09:34 PM
Cristobal being reported to coach tight ends and tackles. Lashley expected to play tackle.

Oh ok... Thought they said he was te's. Didn't know he was tackles too

1bigdawg
02-16-2016, 09:26 AM
Urban Meyer moved Hevesy to T and TE coach after their first national championship and then to TE coach a year later. That is why Mullen was "able" to bring him to State. Any similar moves would cause dissention. It would be better to move him to an office or out the door.

I do not know Hevesy and am not saying that this should happen, just that the move to TE coach would not go well.